Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a victim - CLOSED

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a victim - CLOSED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a victim - CLOSED - 12/12/2011 9:35:00 PM   
dennishe

Hi all,

I’m looking for a new Allied opponent for the 001 scenario (1108r6 and updating throughout). I can do a couple of turns per week, except for the first turn(s) which will simply cost a lot of time. I suggest a couple of house rules (which are negotiable) to maintain a fun and “historical” game.

Restricted LCU’s must change to a non-restricted HQ to move out of their restricted territory.

The maximum altitude of fighters is the altitude where the maneuverability of the fighter is only one step lower than the maneuverability at < 10 K. This means that for example the maximum altitude of the P-39D is 15k, the maximum altitude of the P40E, the Hurricane I and the Buffelo I is 20k and the maximum altitude of the P43A1, F2A2, F4F3 and the P38E is 31k.

No low altitude attacks by 4E bombers on naval assets

Perhaps a house rule on strategic bombing

Nothing gamey

I’ve played several games as the Japanese wherein the Allied players pulls back everything he has and totally avoids battle in the first year. It is very frustrating as the Japanese player to invade several key locations in the Pacific after a lot of preparation and organizing to find out that it has been abandoned. The Allied player represents democratic countries that want to have their revenge for Pearl Harbor and other surprise attacks on December 7th. They would never accept their leaders to avoid war and let the Japanese take the entire pacific. Thus you should be able to motivate all your actions both from military as a well as political point of view. In short: I’m looking for a fun game with an opponent that is willing to fight back from the start.

Futher I like to keep an organized OOB. I will keep mixing IJA and IJN units as little as possible. Similar for 14th, 16th, 15th and 25th army units, southeast area fleet and 4th fleet units, and so on, and so on. Would be nice if you would do (more or less) the same.

I will most likely make an AAR. If you don’t like that, don’t respond. For an idea see: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2785645

Preferred settings:

Fog of War: ON
Advanced Weather Effects: ON
Allied Damage Controll: ON/OFF your choice
Player Defined Upgrades: OFF
Historical First Turn: YES
December 7th Suprise: YES
Reliable USN Torpedoes: OFF
Realistic R&D: don't know what this does
No Units Withdrawel: OFF
Reinforcements: FIXED
Auto Subs Ops: OFF
Set All Facilities to Expand at Start: OFF
Automatic Upgrade Ships and Groups: OFF
Accept Air and Ground Units: OFF

< Message edited by dennishe -- 12/15/2011 10:10:29 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/12/2011 10:11:42 PM   
zuluhour

Wish I could manage more than one. I would love to do another to atone for the &^%$ I did to the Allies for the first six months.
ps Your present AAR is very entertaining.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 12/12/2011 10:14:41 PM >

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/13/2011 2:48:53 AM   
Cyber Me

Can I put my name forwards?

I don't Sir Robin and try to fight from the beginning.
Stuff I don't do for historical or gamey purposes:
My 4EB have never used ground attack missions and min alt 14k.
I pay FULL PPs for all land units not through a cheaper HQ- including the restricted Aust ones wanting to leave Australian territory, or the ABDA command to leave Malaya. If you want to apply same for air units that's OK too.
I reform the 1st Burma div at Rangoon and leave it there in combat formation until a Japanese force moves adjacent then I try to move or fight- instead of leaving in strat mode and zip away.
USN CV and BB don't leave Pacific Ocean in 1942. RN CV and BB stay in Indian Ocean, once Warspite is repaired I move her back to IO. I don't transfer CV planes to land bases before the cvs are damaged or sunk. I have never sent a USN cv to an off-map base. I don't try to hid but won't throw them away.- In fact most of my games have ended with the Japan player quitting after a CV battle in June/July 42 when he/they lost KB in the South Pacific in a full or partial exchange.
I don't try fortress Palembang or similar for the early oil sites.
No strat bombing of oil/resources until 1943.
No strat bombing in China for whole war. I only send the planes to China that were sent like AVG.
I disband Force Z on the first turn so is in Singapore 7th Dec.
I don't issue orders to Allied units on first turn except naval units already at sea. I leave them all on default and unmoved. In China of course units can be given orders.
I try to honour the garrison requirements for all bases.

In every game though I have send the earlier war Australian divisions to India- which of course is not historical... What is your position on that kind of deployment?

My preference though would be SCENARIO #2: you won't hear me complaining that you are doing so well only because we are playing a souped up Japan scenario- while it gives Japan more staying power for a longer war and both of us more options and worries.

You can invade anywhere at any time- give me a headache- make my head spin. If you want to KB manila on turn one fine or similar gambit fine, fine, fine. I am not a Wake IS- Marcus IS- Iwo Jima Is sort of player- meaning I won't take the shortest route to the home islands.

Maybe we have a match?

Cyber Me

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/13/2011 6:59:32 PM   
dennishe

I'm not too familiar with scenario 2. What are the differences with scenario 1? I know that the Japanese troops are a little stronger.

(in reply to Cyber Me)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/13/2011 7:36:42 PM   
Zigurat666

Only stronger in that there are more of them. Also there are more basic resources in the home islands to make it last a little longer as well. And finally there are a few different timelines to bring aircraft development online a few months earlier like the Tojo...

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/13/2011 8:41:44 PM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: dennishe

I'm not too familiar with scenario 2. What are the differences with scenario 1? I know that the Japanese troops are a little stronger.

I think there's more infantry units worth several divisions, more airgroups, more good pilots, about 100 new Marus and also some small warships, Shinano is another Taiho-class carrier etc.

Japan have more resources, oil and fuel, but in general running Japan's economy is more challenging because of the extra stuff.

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/14/2011 11:13:12 AM   
dennishe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyber Me

Can I put my name forwards?

I don't Sir Robin and try to fight from the beginning.
Stuff I don't do for historical or gamey purposes:
My 4EB have never used ground attack missions and min alt 14k.
I pay FULL PPs for all land units not through a cheaper HQ- including the restricted Aust ones wanting to leave Australian territory, or the ABDA command to leave Malaya. If you want to apply same for air units that's OK too.
I reform the 1st Burma div at Rangoon and leave it there in combat formation until a Japanese force moves adjacent then I try to move or fight- instead of leaving in strat mode and zip away.
USN CV and BB don't leave Pacific Ocean in 1942. RN CV and BB stay in Indian Ocean, once Warspite is repaired I move her back to IO. I don't transfer CV planes to land bases before the cvs are damaged or sunk. I have never sent a USN cv to an off-map base. I don't try to hid but won't throw them away.- In fact most of my games have ended with the Japan player quitting after a CV battle in June/July 42 when he/they lost KB in the South Pacific in a full or partial exchange.
I don't try fortress Palembang or similar for the early oil sites.
No strat bombing of oil/resources until 1943.
No strat bombing in China for whole war. I only send the planes to China that were sent like AVG.
I disband Force Z on the first turn so is in Singapore 7th Dec.
I don't issue orders to Allied units on first turn except naval units already at sea. I leave them all on default and unmoved. In China of course units can be given orders.
I try to honour the garrison requirements for all bases.

In every game though I have send the earlier war Australian divisions to India- which of course is not historical... What is your position on that kind of deployment?

My preference though would be SCENARIO #2: you won't hear me complaining that you are doing so well only because we are playing a souped up Japan scenario- while it gives Japan more staying power for a longer war and both of us more options and worries.

You can invade anywhere at any time- give me a headache- make my head spin. If you want to KB manila on turn one fine or similar gambit fine, fine, fine. I am not a Wake IS- Marcus IS- Iwo Jima Is sort of player- meaning I won't take the shortest route to the home islands.

Maybe we have a match?

Cyber Me

send you a pm

(in reply to Cyber Me)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for a victim - 12/14/2011 2:25:01 PM   
Cyber Me

Thanks for the PM

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a victim - CLOSED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI