Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/15/2011 12:11:44 PM   
martok

quote:

• Increased number of construction yards on default space port designs by 50%
  •  
    Huzzah! 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to MaxyGamer)
    Post #: 31
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/15/2011 7:50:42 PM   
    Vasiliy

I do not know where to report a bug...

On the screen with resource's using (with list of components where the resource is used) in the tech level column all values = 1k so you cannot sort by tech level.

(in reply to martok)
    Post #: 32
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/15/2011 10:24:11 PM   
    the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: feelotraveller

Well there goes my game in 1.7.0.6.

If you guys don't slow down I'll never finish a game.

You can use your old game in 1.707, it is backwards compatible as Erik stated. Just copy the savegame from the 1.706 folder to the 1.707 folder and it should work.

(in reply to feelotraveller)
    Post #: 33
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/16/2011 2:28:39 AM   
    fierceking

Bug found on 1.707.

Most of the freighters have stopped moving.  I have uploaded the save file.

(in reply to the1sean)
    Post #: 34
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/16/2011 5:39:42 AM   
    balto

I am having no problems (10+ hours on the patch). Runs great, thanks.

(in reply to fierceking)
    Post #: 35
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/16/2011 5:41:15 AM   
    Gelatinous Cube

Ditto. It's been ten years in the Polish AAR since I patched up, and if anything my empire is running better.

(in reply to balto)
    Post #: 36
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/16/2011 8:53:44 AM   
    Webbco

quote:

ORIGINAL: fierceking

Bug found on 1.707.

How long do they stop moving for? Have you tried waiting a few game days/months to see whether they move again?

(in reply to fierceking)
    Post #: 37
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/16/2011 9:30:45 PM   
    fierceking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

quote:

Bug found on 1.707.

How long do they stop moving for? Have you tried waiting a few game days/months to see whether they move again?

Some of the freighters are left behind as the planets rotate around a star.
    They remain stationary as the planets moves away and are left behind in space. The rest are hanging around the planet ports and are not moving.

On every ports there are freighters parked and the heavily populated planets have around 30-40 freighters just parked

(in reply to Webbco)
    Post #: 38
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/17/2011 12:52:08 AM   
    HectorOfTroy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webbco

quote:

Bug found on 1.707.

Some of the freighters are left behind as the planets rotate around a star.
    They remain stationary as the planets moves away and are left behind in space. The rest are hanging around the planet ports and are not moving.

On every ports there are freighters parked and the heavily populated planets have around 30-40 freighters just parked

Has your empire run out of fuel? Are all your spaceports too busy and dod not have enough docking facilities so there ae bottlenecks at each of them?

(in reply to fierceking)
    Post #: 39
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/17/2011 5:40:46 PM   
    ASHBERY76

After playing all day the game is running great apart from the usual issues of new colonies SOI never expanding and money does not scale very well later on because you start to get ridiculous amounts of cash in my opinion.

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
    Post #: 40
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/17/2011 5:53:06 PM   
    Webbco

I also get large amounts of money late game - I use the extra to crash research high-end tech. That definitely brings it down a notch.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
    Post #: 41
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/18/2011 1:34:33 AM   
    Gelatinous Cube

Very Expensive tech helps with the money stuff. Right around the time you think 10,000,000 Credits is enough, you spend half of it on crashing a fifth tier tech.

(in reply to Webbco)
    Post #: 42
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/18/2011 11:51:17 PM   
    hewwo

So I have this awesome capital ship I found floating around somewhere. Very powerful, 800+ attack while my average destroyer is something like 70 (maybe too powerful, I used it to pummel two empires into submission) Now of course this ship is the mainstay of my main fleet but it does something VERY ANNOYING. Very often during a fight it will jump out of the system, turn around and jump back in. Why? It could have singlehandedly held of the assault on my precious Yaven 1, if it weren't for this strange behaviour!!

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
    Post #: 43
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 12:43:07 AM   
    Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

So I have this awesome capital ship I found floating around somewhere. Very powerful, 800+ attack while my average destroyer is something like 70 (maybe too powerful, I used it to pummel two empires into submission) Now of course this ship is the mainstay of my main fleet but it does something VERY ANNOYING. Very often during a fight it will jump out of the system, turn around and jump back in. Why? It could have singlehandedly held of the assault on my precious Yaven 1, if it weren't for this strange behaviour!!

It could be a number of things. It could be low on fuel. It's shields could be low. It could be automated with a strange posture. It could be manual with an even stranger Defensive Stance.

A screenshot of the situation, with fleet postures turned on, and a screenshot of the context box with the ship selected while its' running away, would do much to figure out what's causing the problem.

(in reply to hewwo)
    Post #: 44
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 8:35:05 AM   
    MartialDoctor

Nice to see the constant beta patches.  You guys are really keeping up with things.

Any chance we can get more difficulty levels in the next one?

Post #: 45
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 9:15:36 AM   
    hewwo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

It could be a number of things. It could be low on fuel. It's shields could be low. It could be automated with a strange posture. It could be manual with an even stranger Defensive Stance.

A screenshot of the situation, with fleet postures turned on, and a screenshot of the context box with the ship selected while its' running away, would do much to figure out what's causing the problem.

Shields were about 10x as high as everybody else combined, and it jumps regardless of shield strength. Certainly not automated or low on fuel. So a strange defensive stance perhaps. I'll look into it and hopefully post a screenshot

Post #: 46
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 10:01:45 AM   
    sbach2o

quote:

quote:

Shields were about 10x as high as everybody else combined, and it jumps regardless of shield strength. Certainly not automated or low on fuel. So a strange defensive stance perhaps. I'll look into it and hopefully post a screenshot

Is the ship damaged? I have seen the behavior you are describing under this circumstance once. Damaged cruisers (just scratches on the armor, nothing serious) were sent to the next battle by me. Whenver they got under fire, they switched to flight-mode.

I also had to keep them from speeding to the next space yard for repairs, though. I wnt through the exercise because repairs would've been an enormous detour, and I wanted a pirate base handled before. Constant manual intervention got the job done in the end.

(in reply to hewwo)
    Post #: 47
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 10:18:26 AM   
    Gelatinous Cube

quote:

quote:

Cool beans. Let us know what caused it, as this game is constantly throwing us new stuff to edeal with. Often I feel i've barely scratched the surface.

< Message edited by Gelatinous Cube -- 12/19/2011 2:12:01 PM >

(in reply to hewwo)
    Post #: 48
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 1:11:39 PM   
    MisterBenn

Still really enjoying the game! A couple of quick ones,

* The numpad zero key should not take screenshots while I am entering numbers into the text boxes on the Buid Order screen!
    * I think it would be great if on the Expansion Planner, when the lower pane is set to Resource Targets of your Empire it should show foreign owned sources (especially when the list is filtered by a single resource). In my current game I have a Carbon Fibre shortage, and the planner indicated no known sources. A while later I discovered that in fact there was a source that was in range of the border of my homeworld, it had been taken by the insects that I was on the brink of war with anyway. I believe the list should show this kind of source so you can take a decision on whether you are prepared to fight to ease a shortage.

Post #: 49
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/19/2011 2:29:14 PM   
    the1sean

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cool beans. Let us know what caused it, as this game is constantly throwing us new stuff to edeal with. Often I feel i've barely scratched the surface.

It could be related to enemy railgun fire. Maybe the autorepair bot needs a moment to fix the damage???

Post #: 50
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/21/2011 8:05:04 AM   
    sbach2o

quote:

ORIGINAL: the1sean

It could be related to enemy railgun fire. Maybe the autorepair bot needs a moment to fix the damage???

This is definitely a problem, especially when auto-repair bots aren't available, yet. Every ship with just a scratch will quickly go into flight mode when under fire. I think this must be addressed in the face of how rail guns work. This behavior probably shouldn't set in as long as the damage only affects armor?

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 12/21/2011 8:07:06 AM >

(in reply to the1sean)
    Post #: 51
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/21/2011 2:54:31 PM   
    jalapen0

Minor, but I noticed when starting a new game that all races say they have no race specific tech. They do have it in the game itself though. Can anyone confirm?

(in reply to martok)
    Post #: 52
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/24/2011 1:51:25 AM   
    hewwo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sbach2o

quote:

ORIGINAL: the1sean

This is definitely a problem, especially when auto-repair bots aren't available, yet. Every ship with just a scratch will quickly go into flight mode when under fire. I think this must be addressed in the face of how rail guns work. This behavior probably shouldn't set in as long as the damage only affects armor?

So I played more with my savegame and indeed, the capital ship was somewhat damaged from a previous encounter (6 components damaged). But once again, this ship was MASSIVE compared to the ships attacking it. Really, really annoying! And even after repairing it, it would flee. I didn't see railguns though, but didn't look too good either. Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

A second 'bug' in the same savegame is that the ackdarians I was fighting completely ignored my construction ship working on the world destroyer, even though it was practically in their territory (I started the war to kill their construction ship in the first place).

Hope this stuff is fixed in the next beta :)

(in reply to sbach2o)
    Post #: 53
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/24/2011 2:14:42 AM   
    Nedrear

Depends... for once they might already infiltrate your C-Ship to make your WD and it boom.

Further Ackdarians as far as I know did not get the "Harass enemy" policy in war. Therefore their will to attack civil targets my be limited.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to hewwo)
    Post #: 54
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/28/2011 7:11:01 PM   
    adecoy95

beta crashed on me, was wondering where i could find a crashlog to submit?

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
    Post #: 55
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/31/2011 10:32:38 AM   
    adecoy95

i encountered a bug, currently, my non fleeted ships are gathering around moons and star ports on an endless patrol duty.

while normally this would be fine, every single non fleeted ship in my entire empire wants to patrol the exact same object!

i can usually get them to disperse by scrapping 2-3 of the patrolled objects (usually mining stations) in a row, but one time i had to delete an entire gas giant using the editor to get them to disperse. reissuing them orders does not work, i have tried halting them and they will return to the object right after i activate auto.

< Message edited by adecoy95 -- 12/31/2011 10:35:39 AM >

(in reply to martok)
    Post #: 56
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 12/31/2011 1:59:17 PM   
    Astax

I too have a bug.  When I get a popup that I discovered a secret plot by some AI to use pirates to attack anotehr AI, the game pauses liek with all popups.  Hwoever if I chose to reveal the plot, the game does not resume automatically.

(in reply to adecoy95)
    Post #: 57
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 1/1/2012 12:53:43 PM   
    HMEE

Any estimates on the release date for 1.7.0.7?

(in reply to Astax)
    Post #: 58
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 1/1/2012 4:47:47 PM   
    Gelatinous Cube

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMEE

Any estimates on the release date for 1.7.0.7?

Been out for awhile, actually. Since before Xmas, unless I'm mistaken.

(in reply to HMEE)
    Post #: 59
    RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 - 1/1/2012 5:18:09 PM   
    HMEE

quote:

Been out for awhile, actually. Since before Xmas, unless I'm mistaken

Yes, but it's a beta patch, containing quite some bugs judging from the reports. I was asking about the official release version (the version number will be incremented from 1.7.0.7 maybe, I'm not sure about that) Actually was thinking of starting a new long game so I'm not sure should I wait for the next stable patch or just stick with the current version (1.7.0.6) instead, a I wish to avoid patching in the middle of it.

Post #: 60
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: New Public Beta for Legends v1.7.0.7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI