Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which expansion pack gets played the most?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Which expansion pack gets played the most? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which expansion pack gets played the most? - 12/16/2011 8:20:23 PM   
Horvo

I'm thinking of getting this and one of the expansion but I don't see any threads about which one is the best to get. Does anyone have any idea which one gets played the most or is it just whichever is the newest one? Do I need to get one with the DAG? Do they all have it? Thanks a lot for any advice you can give.
Post #: 1
RE: Which expansion pack gets played the most? - 12/16/2011 8:46:02 PM   
TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horvo

I'm thinking of getting this and one of the expansion but I don't see any threads about which one is the best to get. Does anyone have any idea which one gets played the most or is it just whichever is the newest one? Do I need to get one with the DAG? Do they all have it? Thanks a lot for any advice you can give.

I've been playing quite a while and frankly they all seem very popular. I don't have a sense that any of the books are neglected by the players. When a new book (expansion) comes out, there is naturally a flurry of initial interest in it but things even out pretty quickly. Note that the DAG is available for any expansion that you own.

Frankly I'd recommend getting them all, if possible. You get handsome discounts when you buy more than one, and I believe there is a sale still on.

HTH

Tim

(in reply to Horvo)
Post #: 2
RE: Which expansion pack gets played the most? - 12/16/2011 11:27:32 PM   
redcoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horvo

I've been playing quite a while and frankly they all seem very popular. I don't have a sense that any of the books are neglected by the players. When a new book (expansion) comes out, there is naturally a flurry of initial interest in it but things even out pretty quickly. Note that the DAG is available for any expansion that you own.

Frankly I'd recommend getting them all, if possible. You get handsome discounts when you buy more than one, and I believe there is a sale still on.

HTH

Tim

+1

I suspect many people have purchased the expansions for the periods of history they especially like - and tastes vary. There is a host of player designed scenarios available on the Slitherine forum (linkie) which cover a wide range of wars, armies and time periods. They can be played with only the base game.

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

(in reply to TJD)
Post #: 3
RE: Which expansion pack gets played the most? - 1/17/2012 6:19:18 AM   
bfbsfg

Wearing Tory Burch shore for every lovely lady is a great opportunity to stand out in any circumstances. All the Tory Burch shoes of each shoe stores deserve to stand to the top of the footwear. Luckily for all the ladies, Asics Gel Kayano 17 it just on a hot sales on line. If you take this Tory Burch shoes, tory burch sale reach the paradise that you never inmagined. It is true! It is on a great demand under your eyes. Girls all should believe what they saw, tory burch flats this beautiful shoes you only need a small amount of money. That's yours. Take it or you will regret!

(in reply to redcoat)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Which expansion pack gets played the most? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI