Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moral and others questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Moral and others questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moral and others questions - 12/16/2011 8:36:22 PM   
soloje1

- How can I increase moral of my ground unit, I Imagine it 's depending of size of tows and HQ on same hexagone? but some are for a long time on safe town , with great supply but no change.

- How can I reduce supply of surounded town? bombard ports? fires ?
- What is the fire impact in a town ?
thks a lot for your help
Post #: 1
RE: Moral and others questions - 12/18/2011 5:26:40 PM   
kmitahj

Hi,
welcome on the board, which unfortunately isn't as populated as in the good, old times.

Regarding your morale question I can't give you full list o factors influencing morale, but in addition to these mentioned by you I would add another important one: inspiration rating of the ground unit commander. I often noticed that even units sitting with very good conditions, on lazy garrison duties but having commanders with low inspiration (like low 50-ties or below) are losing morale over time. Choosing leader with high charisma is remedy for such situation - assuming of course that other stats of the leader are reasonable.
In general my observation (or better to say my feeling) is that units recover their morale best when they are clean on Disruption/Fatigue. Having Dis/Fat around 0/5 seem to really help morale recovery. However to achieve such clean stats unit probably need to be well supplied, fully supported etc. And when the unit is in malaria zone (or in cold zone in winter) then best which one can hope for in long term is Dis/Fat around 10/30 (except in few bases designed as malaria-free of course) which makes recovery much slower imo.
Anyway even with ideal conditions and with high charisma leader recovering morale takes lot of time. So the question may be what should be target morale above which unit may be considered combat ready. That surely depends on circumstances but usually I assume that after reaching 60+ morale unit is ready to go back to the frontline. Base for such assumption is that - as far as I remember - with morale above 50 there is no risk of direct penalty applied to units adjusted AV in combat. Below 50 there is random chance of failing morale test, and below 25 the penalty may be particulary severe (though leader's high insiration still can prevent morale test failure).
Of course there may be other situations where high morale rating, possibly above fifty, is useful (testing morale for surrender conditions comes to mind as an example).

Lastly there may be another, somewhat odd method of bumping unit's weak morale: adding such unit to the stack attacking enemy so weak, that you can be certain to achive high odds victory (like 10:1 or more). Couple of such cheap, high odd victories seem to work very well for beaten unit's morale (and experience too). Well, at least it did so far for me

(in reply to soloje1)
Post #: 2
RE: Moral and others questions - 12/18/2011 5:41:45 PM   
soloje1

Thks a lot for these informations 

(in reply to kmitahj)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Moral and others questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI