Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload - 12/19/2011 11:53:17 PM   
MisterBenn

Hello there, I have encountered an issue with my current game (played entirely on version 1.7.0.7 with the "Baleur" theme enabled if that matters):

I had a Mutual Defence Pact with the Ypytelus Syndicate who are #1 in the game. They asked me to honor the pact and declare war on the Gaer Collective, which I agreed to. Shortly after I saved my game and quit. When I reload some things are not the same. I have a state of war with the Gaer, that is as it should be. However I have no treaty with the Ypytelus: The Mutual Defence Pact has now gone! The event log still contains the request to honor the Mutual Defence Pact, here is the saved game. Perhaps not everything gets flushed out into the saved game file? I did save almost immediately after this event.

Another slightly strange thing, the moment the saved game is loaded, I complete the research of Enhanced Shields even though I have "pause the game on load" enabled and at the point I saved it was not imminent (i.e. when I am saving and quitting I open the main menu and save, and when that is complete the game gets the chance to run for a few seconds before I open the main menu and choose to close the program. During this time when I saved and closed the Advanced Shields research did not complete.) It seems the resume point inside the saved game can get rounded a little... this could of course be entirely unrelated to my issue but perhaps you know better.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload - 12/20/2011 12:39:11 AM   
MisterBenn

I played a litte further from an Autosave just before this event and monitored the situation. It's not related to the saving and reloading it seems, if you take a look at this saved game you can watch it take place. The mutual defence declaration of war has taken place in the saved game, hence the Ypytelus are Delighted with me. Within a few days the treaty is silently broken... the relationship goes from Delighted to Friendly, military refueling and mining rights are revoked and the Mutual Defence Pact is gone, my gain in reputation from honoring the treaty (Satisfactory up to Respected) is reversed and I am Satisfactory again. (The moment it's broken is most easily pinpointed by zooming in over the Ypytelus in the bottom left, I lose sight of most of their ships). I am able to immediately ask them for a Mutual Defence Pact once again, they think it's a great idea!

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload - 1/22/2012 1:22:56 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for this report and savegame. This issue is fixed in the upcoming 1.7.0.9 update

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.7: Diplomatic Relationship lost after reload Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI