Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions before buying

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Some questions before buying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions before buying - 12/27/2011 9:26:22 AM   
micha1100

I consider buying Panzer Corps. Since I currently have a very bad and unreliable internet connection at home I would download the file(s) at work, copy it onto a memory stick and install at home. Is there a reason why this might not work, most importantly, is an internet connection necessary to install the game? Roughly how big is the installation file? Are there any other files you recommend I should download for the game while I'm at it?
Thank you very much for helping me!
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions before buying - 12/27/2011 9:39:47 AM   
terje439

DL'ing to a mem stick is no problem, just remember that you need the serial code that comes with the confirmation email.

You should also DL the lateste patch as that one too is quite big.

The initial gamefile is around 440Mb, and the patch another 220Mb. If you also want the DLC, each of them are around 300-400MB each.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to micha1100)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions before buying - 12/27/2011 4:19:49 PM   
Rood

PanzerCorpsWehrmacht-SetupRelease-v100.exe is 428 MB
PanzerCorpsWehrmacht-Update-v105.exe is 399 MB

I'm not sure if you need to have a internet connection when you install the game. Could be, so that they can check the serial, but I'm just not sure.

There are a few mods around with different soundfiles or unit graphics which can be quite large (50+ MB) but nothing you really need to play the game.
There's also new scenario's and such but those are generally very small in size (less than 1 MB).

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions before buying - 12/28/2011 5:53:49 AM   
buchand

I have the same problem re. internet but work download [or Wi Fi cafe etc as I have to do] are no problem. The activation code is the key when installing at home. Then check the forum for any updates and do the same with them.
When I lived in the UK with a 10Mb line Steam games were a PITA, now all my Total War CDs sit unused :( But Matrix games are booted up every night!!

Plan? What plan? Attack!!

(in reply to Rood)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions before buying - 12/28/2011 8:12:22 AM   
micha1100

Thank you! I downloaded the installation file and the 1.05 update, installed and so far it works fine. The only thing I noticed is that the Euro prices seem a little unfair compared to the US$ ones (the campaigns even cost the same in $ and €) but I guess that's nothing to do with the game.

(in reply to micha1100)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Some questions before buying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI