Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unloading fuel problem + One other

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Unloading fuel problem + One other Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/1/2012 7:01:41 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Playing v....5e, Allies, 3/43. We hold Guam and Tinian, going for Saipan. I have about 8 AOs, not docked, at Guam, with various fuel loads.

Problem: for the last 4 turns the AOs have lost fuel, but they will not unload into Guam, nor have any TFs shown fuel going to them. Port is size 3, building. The base screen shows a 24000/12000 limit, with a little over 19000 docked-this is green. It also shows "No" for stockpiling both fuel and supplies.

For the last 2 turns, I have effected "No full fueling" for my AC and Battle line TFs. Guam is in the green for suppplies.

Questions- Do I have to dock AOs to unload to base? Should I, must I, change the no to yes for stockpiling?

Now, the "One other " problem . VT 8 has transfered to Guam but the planes are Devestators. Unit has "replacements on", with TBFs available from pool. How can I get the TBFs into the squadron?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

Post #: 1
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/1/2012 7:18:21 PM   
Alfred

1. Dock the AO and ensure they have "unload cargo" toggled on.

2. You need an airfield size 7 to upgrade the Devastators.

Alfred

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/1/2012 8:45:36 PM   
hbrsvl

Alfred- Many thanks. HB

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/2/2012 1:10:59 PM   
Steve Sv

A related question.

I've got a couple of ships stranded at a small port without fuel. I hand anticipated the problem and sent transports with enough fuel to get these ships to a larger port, but the transports are also carrying lots of supply, which is being unloaded up to the cargo-handling capacity of the port with the fuel staying on board. Is there a way to get the transports to unload the fuel first?

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 4
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/2/2012 1:19:52 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Sv

A related question.

I've got a couple of ships stranded at a small port without fuel. I hand anticipated the problem and sent transports with enough fuel to get these ships to a larger port, but the transports are also carrying lots of supply, which is being unloaded up to the cargo-handling capacity of the port with the fuel staying on board. Is there a way to get the transports to unload the fuel first?

no ... Also can't be sure small amounts are not being unloaded and then used to refuel you TF there...

(in reply to Steve Sv)
Post #: 5
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/2/2012 1:58:14 PM   
hbrsvl

SteveSv-If the second force has a lot of fuel, you might try using "refuel at sea". Hugh Browne

(in reply to Steve Sv)
Post #: 6
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/2/2012 2:19:24 PM   
Steve Sv

Thanks guys - I guess I'll try the refuel at sea option.

The transports were not unloading small amounts of fuel as there fuel capacity is topped off at the end of each turn.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 7
RE: Unloading fuel problem + One other - 1/2/2012 5:17:25 PM   
John Lansford

Use the "refuel at sea" option; that transfers fuel from ships with plenty to the ones that are low, without moving it to the base first.

(in reply to Steve Sv)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Unloading fuel problem + One other Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI