Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tutorial? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial? - 1/5/2012 3:58:27 AM   
illgtncarb

I am such a noob and in such a hurry that I posted this question originally in the non Admiral edition forum. I need help finding the tutorial that the manual mentions. I cannot locate it in any of my Matrix folders and it is not included helpfully in the scenario list (which would be nice). This game looks like a blast, but also very involved so I am looking for a bit of guided hands-on first. Any help out there from the veterans? I would really appreciate it.
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial? - 1/5/2012 4:23:39 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: illgtncarb

I am such a noob and in such a hurry that I posted this question originally in the non Admiral edition forum. I need help finding the tutorial that the manual mentions. I cannot locate it in any of my Matrix folders and it is not included helpfully in the scenario list (which would be nice). This game looks like a blast, but also very involved so I am looking for a bit of guided hands-on first. Any help out there from the veterans? I would really appreciate it.

It was released without a tutorial.

Some dated(pre-beta) video tutes
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2353946
Faq for new players
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2260137
Sardarkers newbie AAR (there are two in the AAR section)
Wiki
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

And as most players here will tell you dive into a smaller scenario and play a few turns, then start again and do it better. Change sides have a blast. Then maybe do a small PBEM with another inexperienced player...

The greatest resource here are the people ... ask away ...

PS> make sure to have at least the 1106i comprehensive patch and then maybe the beta too.

(in reply to illgtncarb)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial? - 1/5/2012 6:25:03 PM   
Dadekster

I second the video tutorials. Watch those first, you'll be clueless more than likely. Then play a small map and just click around on stuff to see how things work. Then go back to the vids and they'll make MUCH more sense. Also read the manual as you can, it helps with the mechanics as well imo. Once you do all that and have figured out how to move things around then I'd look at some of the AAR's like the one mentione above.

That's how I've done it so far and for the most part I've gotten a handle on the basics. Now comes years of learning how to master it sounds like. :p

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial? - 1/5/2012 7:31:46 PM   
jeffk3510

Video tuts are great. Damian's voice is relaxing

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to Dadekster)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial? - 1/5/2012 8:33:21 PM   
morganbj

Are you saying that he put you to sleep?

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tutorial? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI