Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OCX file problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OCX file problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OCX file problem - 1/13/2001 3:42:00 AM   
Cadd43

I tried to install the game server program that came with the game. All went well until I tried to execute it. Came back with message that my OCX file was older than version of the game.I did reboot as informed before trying to execute it. So I tried to download the patch at Matrix's site, but couldnt due to the fact that the file is no longer on the FTP server that provides it. Any suggestions or Ideas?

Post #: 1
- 1/15/2001 11:24:00 AM   
heintz28

I kept getting the gamecleint.ocx is not the right version or something... Never got it to work with win95. Upgraded to win 98 and it worked. are you using windows 95?

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 2
- 1/15/2001 9:20:00 PM   
Cadd43

Nope Hientz. Im running Win 98. Thanks anyway. David who works for Matrix is trying to help me on this problem. Although the file hesent me still didnt work either.So I will just have to wait for a solution when someone comes up with one. Thanks again for the reply.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 3
- 1/15/2001 10:25:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi Guys! Curious, where does it install on your puter? Program files or Matrix games directory? Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 4
- 1/15/2001 10:39:00 PM   
Cadd43

Hi Rick, Thats part of the problem I think. It wants to put in C:\program\server directory. So I went ahead and let it do so. But it didnt wrok, si I intervened when trying to install again and put it in the Matrix directory which is on my E: drive. Which is just a partition I have on a 4.5 Gig drive. I didnt think it would really matter any way if it was on C: drive , alot of programs do this when installing this type of file. David sent me an update for the game server file, but it didnt help either. Im sure it will work if it is put in the correct directory, but not been able to figure out exactly where it should go yet. Im open for any suggestions.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 5
- 1/15/2001 11:01:00 PM   
Tankhead

I remember when it first came out I let the program install to program files but it did not work. So I uninstall it and reinstall it. This time I pick the Matrix games folder and work perfectly. Make sure it goes in the Matrix root directory. Game server and Combat net in Matrix folder. Also make sure these line are in the .ini files. Go to your windows directory and find GS.ini and make sure the last three lines read: [AutoConnect] DefaultIP="208.185.88.178" DefaultHTTPPort="8080" Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1

Tankhead

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 6
- 1/15/2001 11:05:00 PM   
Cadd43

Ok Rick thanks let me try that out. I will let you know if that works or not.

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 7
- 1/15/2001 11:53:00 PM   
Cadd43

hmmmmmmm Ok here is what I came up with. here is where I installed it at. E:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\Combat Net\GameServer But it still didnt work . I checked the gs.ini file and the correct numbers as described are there. However these files are in another seperate dircetory as follows. E:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\MGN .... Now maybe this is where the problem lies?????? This MGN folder has the gs.ini file and a holder text file , a laser1.wav file , and a spwawclient.jpg file. but this jpg file is not a true jpg as such. If Im guessing correctly this would be the lobby window that would open up once the program is executed properly. hmmmmmm any ideas?????

(in reply to Cadd43)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OCX file problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI