Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? - 1/6/2012 3:43:30 AM   
tangent

Hello,

I am playing a very late war (September '45) Ironman scenario as the Allies. While I technically won the game in March '45 according to the VP schedule, I have kept playing because I was not satisified with my victory. In reality I am about 6 months behind the historical schedule. At this point my real enemy is my logistics cycle. Earlier errors in understanding the game also created logistics traps that cost me considerable game time to rectify.

My poor strategy aside, the game has started to crash to the desktop on me. The first time that the game crashed it happened when I had a very large naval force (approximately 1000 ships in multiple TF's) and attempted to replenish one of these TFs at sea using the meet-follow commands. That crash was reproducible and I was able to stop it by coming up with an alternative arrangement for refuelling the force. Now that force is nearing Okinawa (all TF's ordered not to refuel) but I am getting another crash that I suspect is related to refuelling but is less clearly associated with my Okinawa invasion force. Unfortunately I have not been able to pinpoint the source of this crash and come up with a workaround that will let me keep playing. Shutting down all automatic refuelling activity did not solve the problem the second time around.

The reason that I suspect that this second crash is also related to refuelling (but possibly not my Okinawa force) is that the crashes have been close to the refuelling step in the posted program sequence, either that or very near naval movement. I am playing the game on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit system using version 1.0.4.1106, which if I recall correctly is the last finalized update.

I don't know what the procedure is for sending in files for testing (if there is a such a procedure) but if there is a way of doing this I can send in the files related to the first crash (I made a copy before moving on) and the current crash. After playing the entire war 1 day at a time, I would hate to be stuck when it is almost over.

Thanks for any advice or assistance.

< Message edited by tangent -- 1/6/2012 10:54:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? - 1/6/2012 4:55:41 AM   
michaelm75au

There is at least one fix in the current beta that addresses refueling of large number of ships/TF in same hex. This was found in a late game.
There have been a few others from memory.

Michael

(in reply to tangent)
Post #: 2
RE: Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? - 1/6/2012 10:53:05 AM   
tangent

I downloaded the beta found in the members' area and that seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks!!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? - 1/6/2012 1:36:45 PM   
mikkey

tangent, latest beta patch you can find in the first post of this Patch 06 - Public Beta thread

(in reply to tangent)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Program Crashing During Naval Refuelling? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI