Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MP Stopped working...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> MP Stopped working... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MP Stopped working... - 1/9/2012 1:03:59 AM   
Yaamon

Had multiplayer working for 2 days using Cross of Iron to host/join on my local LAN (2 machines running locally). Then, on the 3rd day, CoI no longer sees the host (on either machine).
Turning off firewalls has on affect.

The thing that changed was my router rebooted after a power outage, and computers have different local IP addresses. Does CoI/DirectPlay remember the IP address at all? Is there a way to refresh/restart DirectPlay to forget the old IPs?
Post #: 1
RE: MP Stopped working... - 1/9/2012 8:17:34 AM   
SteveMcClaire

The game itself does not remember the IP addresses used. Are you using the local IP address to connect from the client to the host, or your external IP address? Were you doing any sort of port forwarding via the router, if you were using the external address? This would need to be changed to match the new internal IP addresses if so.

If terms of DirectPlay, restarting Windows should certainly clear up any issues with that, and it sounds like that has happened if you had a power outage. :)

(in reply to Yaamon)
Post #: 2
RE: MP Stopped working... - 1/9/2012 11:04:27 PM   
Yaamon

We were using Cross of Iron MP in game, using by default the local IP addresses. The computers were allocated 192.168.0.4 and 192.168.0.5 by the router (before the power outage/router reboot). After the router reboot, the local IPs for the computers were 192.168.0.3 and 192.168.0.14. Given we were just using our local LAN, we were not using any hardcoded IP addresses and no port forwarding.

After the router reboot, Cross of Iron MP could not see the game on the other machine when it tried to find the hosted game. This was true in both directions with the 2 machines (either hosting). The interesting thing is that we installed CoI on a different machine at that point, and the new machine couldn't start a MP session with EITHER of the 2 original machines (using all host/client combos). That got us thinking that since both of the original machines now couldn't do MP, maybe it has something to do with the IP addrs changing. However, it could be a different problem; we are pretty stumped.

We tried rebooting, restarting the game, rebooting the LAN, etc.

< Message edited by Yaamon -- 1/10/2012 1:07:26 AM >

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: MP Stopped working... - 1/10/2012 7:48:51 PM   
SteveMcClaire

I don't think it has anything to do with the game -- I would guess that something reset in your network someplace that is now blocking access to the game ports.

Is there any sort of setting on your router that is required for port access on your private network?

Do you have a firewall (Windows?) or an anti-virus program common to all the machines?

(in reply to Yaamon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> MP Stopped working... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI