Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Townsville

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Townsville Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Townsville - 9/26/2012 1:19:19 AM   
John 3rd

Here is NE Australia. Troops move to decisively cut-off Townsville from Cairns as more and more troops enter the Theatre-of-Operations. A TK Reg drives troops west of Townsville while another at the top edge of the map is about to take that city. Yet another TK Reg is off the map driving on Portland Roads.

There are three units NW of Townsville and they should retreat AWAY from there with a Shock Attack by two TK Reg. This will leave 17 units (3 of them HQ) isolated and RIPE FOR THE PLUCKING!

BANZAI!

Attachment (1)

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 871
Cooktown Falls - 10/2/2012 9:20:47 PM   
John 3rd

We are playing and getting turns done. Current date is June 19th.

I plan on an update tonight.

Here is a reasonably accurate picture of NE Australia:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 872
Operational Pause - 10/3/2012 3:23:51 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
June 15-20, 1942

After several of the bloodiest, craziest weeks of fighting I have ever seen, a period of relative calm descends across the entire Pacific and Indian Oceans. Troops are moving, the Fleet is resting and reorganizing, and plans continue to advance.

North Pacific
CVE Unyo is finished re-sizing units up here. She spent a week expanding 5 Chutai of aircraft into 27 plane Daitai. Those Daitai are now back in Hokkaido drawing their new planes, resting, and training in their new pilots.

A large supply convoy brought in 60,000 supply to Umnak and base east of there. Each of my three major bases has at least 15-25,000 supply present. Fuel is being stockpiled at Attu.

This region is defended by a total of 8 DD present...

Central Pacific
After that nice shootout at Christmas Isle the 1st Jaliut Strike Force heads for home at Jaliut. The 2nd Jaliut Strike Force sweeps into Pago Pago and finds nothing of importance.

A CV Raiding Force built around Junyo--Hiyo---Nisshin have crossed the Christmas--Canton Line and are now looping NE with plans to interpose themselves between the Line Islands and Hawaii.

South Pacific
There are always ships at Suva. Would like to take a crack at them, however, he has a lot of fighters present and mines in the harbor. Not gonna mess with that.

Have started shifting more SS to the New Zealand area. Have no knowledge of ANYTHING here but will work to get at least some before landing.

Australia
Two Inf Div and an Army HQ have departed Sydney for Soerabaja. They are the lead elements of Operation Maikaze. A 3rd Inf Div should leave within 10 days.

Townsville is surrounded. There are 21 units present within the hex. I know have 3 1/2 ID investing the place with 50-75 bombers hitting the troops and base every day. Order a Deliberate Attack for tomorrow. Last attack got a 1-1 and dropped Forts to ZERO. Will attack again and then order a Shock Attack to finish this place off.

Took Cooktown on the 17th and two TK Reg are driving north to grab the remaining bases above that.

Units are now driving into the interior of Australia and take the remaining bases there. Doubt if they will have mush issue since those Aussie Troops have been kicked around and no supply is available to help them.

DEI
All the dot hexes and odd bases have now been taken.

My initial concern regarding the Inf Firepower brought ashore at Benkoelen have proven to be groundless. With 300+ aircraft hitting the troops everyday aand another 100 aircraft striking the base itself, these troops are tired and weakened. Case in point is Praboemoelih, SUM. Decided to fight HERE instead of at Palembang due to wanting to keep the fuel and oil flowing so a Regiment and then the Imperial Guards ID move here to block the incoming Allied Troops. Facing them is the 6th Aussie ID. The attack CRUSHES the Aussies on the 20th getting a 4-1 result and causing over 3,000 casualties on the Allied Side.

OK. Fine. Begin advancing on Benkoelen.

A massed double whammy hits Benkoelen on the 19th as 2 BB, 3 BC, and 1 CA bombard the base. Nearly a dozen planes are destroyed, 600+ casualties caused, and 79 Runway hits scored, and--most importantly-- 16 Supply hits occur. NICE!

Continue daily bombing runs from Christmas to Cocos as well as move SS back into the arena here.

IO
Diego Garcia has a STF of CL Agano and 4 DDs smack around DD Fortune on the 20th. Nothing else present (except about 100 sunken ships).

A grab bag of undamaged CVs leave Singapore on the 19th. Kaga leads Soryu and Ryujo (189 Planes) plus 2 CA and 6 DD to link-up with 2 CA, 1 CL, and 5 DDs at the tip of Sumatra. Two AOs await to refuel and then they shall go a hunting.

Burma
Monsoon shuts everything down.

China
Have gotten nearly all the Chinese out of the region between Shanghai and Changsha.

Buy out a brigade and 2 Inf Reg on the 19th. These units are beat-up and only cost about 600 points to grab. They shall head for Shanghai and then move on to Australia. Should finish off the garrison needs for that continent and free-up the last troops needed for New Zealand.

SS Ops
6-19 I-153 sinks AP Clan Macgillioray near Koggala

Need to update the SS Scorecard since I have several double and triple ACES within the SS Fleet.

Engineering
Shimushiri Jima AF-3
Tarawa AF-4
Eniwetok AF-3
Umnak AF-4
Myitkyina AF-3
Wakkanai AF-3
Tabiteuea AF-4

REPAIRS
Shokaku and Zuikaku begin their refit at Singapore.

Singapore
Hiryu 17--01--4
Zuiho 10--00--00
Yamato 27--02--08
Nagato 11--00--00

Soerabaja
Akagi 23--01--04
Shoho 08--13--00
Ise 09--08--00

That is the state of things...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/3/2012 3:25:00 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 873
Homecoming - 10/8/2012 4:55:10 PM   
John 3rd

Hi All.

Just got back from a four day trip to Kansas City with the family. First time my boys have ever flown and it was a HOOT to watch. Saw some a lot of family and got some family business taken care of.

Have three turns sitting in the In Box and need to do an update. No big news but want to do an update nonetheless. Am also thinking it might be a good time to do some economic coverage of the Empire now that we're in a slight pause as units move to new locations and we prepare to destroy the Allied incursion at Sumatra.

Will do that as soon as possible.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 874
RE: Homecoming - 10/8/2012 4:58:03 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

Saw some a lot of family

This coming from a 'former' college professor.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 875
RE: Homecoming - 10/8/2012 5:46:07 PM   
John 3rd

THAT is what I get for quickly typing while being bellowed at that breakfast is ready. I will NOT go back and edit it. Let my shame be seen by all!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 876
Ship XP - 10/14/2012 12:11:40 PM   
John 3rd

June 25th in the books.

Here is another ship with an amazing experience number. Wouldn't want to cross this BC at night!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 877
RE: Ship XP - 10/19/2012 7:42:09 AM   
John 3rd

June 29, 1942

I'm still here. Life has been beyond hectic. My wife and I are dealing with an issue that should resolve itself next Tuesday night and work...has...been...BUSY! Just wanted to Post and let my readers know that. Will get back on the horse once I can catch it!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 878
RE: Ship XP - 10/19/2012 2:05:09 PM   
MrBlizzard

Hi John, sometimes I passed here and saw the AAR was stuck, I was wondering what happened and thought your opponent had given up.
Hope you can solve everything

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 879
Hunting Grounds - 10/21/2012 7:48:44 AM   
John 3rd

Life continues to hold as we get ready for some action here in La Salle, CO. Things will resolve Tuesday night and then I can share my wife and I's little adventure!

This is a quick update because it is too good to not pass-up.

June 30, 1942
Diego Garcia, IO

The Captain and crew of the heavy cruiser Chikuma rarely get a chance to use their main armament when attached to Japan's CVs. This day finds them rested and ready. The previous day's strike by CVs Kaga, Soryu, and Ryujo had found yet more Allied shipping in the wreck shrewn port of Diego Garcia. The afternoon aerial strike by 20 Zero, 34 Val, and 48 Kate had sunk 2 AP and an AK while damaging 4 AP, 4 TK, and a PC. Problems were created when nearly 40 Allied Fighters rose to meet the strike. While the bomb assessment was solid, Admiral Yamaguchi did not like the loss of 1 Zero, 3 Val, and 7 Kate. Thus, he detailed Chikuma and Mikuma and 4 DDs to peel away from the carrier TF and slam into Diego Garcia.

At about 1am, the Japanese STF slips into the anchorage and is spotted by an Allied STF comprised of CLs Tromp and Java along with 3 DDs. In an inconclusive engagement the Japanese CAs dispatch DDs Michishio and Takanami to distract the Allied while the remaining warships work to get into the TFs known to be present. The ruse works perfectly as the 2 DD draw the STF away into the night. Mikuma and Chikuma spot the Allied TF and rapidly count 2 PC protecting 3 AK and 18 AP! The warships dispatch the valiant Allied PCs and then become foxes in the hen house as many rounds of ammo as well as ALL TTs are launched. Explosions and fires--ONCE AGAIN--light up this Port's night. The action is so quick that a solid tally is hard to achieve, however, it appears that 2 PC, 2 AK, and 8 AP are sunk with another 5-7 ships damaged.

Seeing a job well done, the Chikuma calls for her pair of decoy DDs to rejoin the TF as they exit the anchorage and make for Sumatra. Doggedly following the DDs is the Allied STF. Eagerly the tired TF turns to attack and quickly sinks CL Tromp and cripples DDs Evertsen. The Java and another DD staggers away as the Japanese--almost literally--use their last shells and move on towards the safety of Sumatra.

SUNK: CL Tromp, 2 PC, 2 AK, and 8 AP with a DD and several more APs certainly slipping beneath the waves.
COST: CA Mikuma took 2 6" shells for little damage and DD Sakiri is moderately damaged from 3 5" shell hits.

Some troops, a number of guns,and a large amount of vehicles (300+) are seen destroyed on these valuable ships as they sank.

NICE!

Lew has lost 780 ships to this point...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/21/2012 7:49:33 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 880
Union Pacific - 10/25/2012 7:28:40 PM   
John 3rd

As you have read, my wife and I had a problem going on the last few weeks and it appears to now be solved. Short story is that we bought a Union Pacific caboose back in May and got the town's permission to bring it into our yard. They then, after a substantial investment of time and money, stopped us when we were days from having it craned in. This got, hopefully, settled last Tuesday night when we went before the Town Trustees, did a full dog-and-pony show, and got agreement to allow us to finish the move.

It is stupid to buy something like this but my wife and I are train enthusiasts and historians. The caboose itself was about to be parted out and so we bought 50,000lbs of metal for a low price and then began the restoration. It greatly appealed to us to save and restore a piece of vanishing American history. Here is the caboose currently (waiting on the decals and windows):

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/25/2012 7:35:10 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 881
Union Pacific - 10/25/2012 7:31:06 PM   
John 3rd

Paula and I got donations from a number of companies in constructing a bonafide railbed. Youa re looking at 25 TONS of roadbase, 20 donated ties from Union Pacific, 2 donated rails from UP, and 10 TOns of ballast. This shot looks from the corner of our yard towards the new garage and driveway. The railbed is quite clear!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 882
July 2, 1942 - 10/25/2012 7:33:17 PM   
John 3rd

With this excitement now finally winding down, we will be able to return to war with Lew. Just ran the July 2, 1942 turn last night and things continue to roll along. It has been a long enough pause in updates that I will probably do a region-by-region discussion so everyone is up to speed. Thanks for my reader's patience during this time and I'll get back to the war...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 883
RE: Union Pacific - 10/25/2012 7:35:49 PM   
John 3rd

Paula and I got donations from a number of companies in constructing a bonafide railbed. You are looking at 25 TONS of roadbase, 20 donated ties from Union Pacific, 2 donated rails from UP, and 10 TOns of ballast. This shot looks from the corner of our yard towards the new garage and driveway. The railbed is quite clear!

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/25/2012 7:36:14 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 884
RE: Union Pacific - 10/25/2012 8:01:22 PM   
zuluhour

You have been busy! What a cool "dog house", you know, should you ever be in one.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 885
RE: Union Pacific - 10/26/2012 1:11:35 AM   
pws1225

Every man needs a caboose! Congrats.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 886
RE: Union Pacific - 10/26/2012 5:45:26 AM   
John 3rd

I've always liked my wife's caboose!

It was a crazy decision that my wife instigated when she saw it go up for sale. We bought it in May and didn't start work on it until August when our work here was wrapping up. Took two weeks to sandblast and buff out four layers of UP paint, old signs, and dirt/grime. When we put on the primer the thing looked like a Sub or Battleship! The paint went on perfectly and it is now painted just as when it was built in July 1952.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 887
RE: Union Pacific - 10/26/2012 5:56:09 AM   
John 3rd

Here is the first one-ton rail we swung over my brand new garage and then settled onto the ties. I worked the guide rope as the good UP man ran the crane. Was pretty cool and cannot describe my relief when we put the level on the rail and saw we had it dead-center bubble!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 888
North Pacific - 10/26/2012 6:01:48 AM   
John 3rd

The last comprehensive update I did was roughly 10 game turns ago and so I think we'll travel region to region for updates.

North Pacific
A rather large supply convoy travelled up to the Aleutians and dropped off 10-20,000 supply at Umnak, Attu, and Amchitka. Several strikes were flown by PBYs at Umnak but my Zeros flying from there bagged the vast majority of them without issue. All AF and Ports are where I want them and so all the troops up there are doing is digging Forts. Brought up my one operational CVE and re-sized 2 Zero, 1 Val, and 2 Kate units to 27 plane Daitai. Have them working on 3-% traning as well as other missions. Roughly 150 planes are up in this theatre.

The Kuriles are in good shape with Forts and AFs being expanded. Will NEVER leave myself vulnerable in this area so there are a good amount of engineers and CD at major points on the island chain.

Current naval commitment is only 8 DDs.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/26/2012 6:02:06 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 889
Central Pacific - 10/26/2012 6:13:43 AM   
John 3rd

Central Pacific
June 24-July 2, 1942

Central Pacific is in solid shape. Have supplies moving around to make sure the major garrisons are in good shape. Fuel is a little thin but not horrible.

Have 2-3 small AKL TF moving resources from Nauru and Ocean to Truk. Truk is taking on a new mission in this game. Large resource convoys arrive from Australia 2-3 times a week. These convoys bring anywhere from 30-80,000 resources from Sydney. Australia shows no sign of a resource draw down so these convoys are getting it to Truk. Add the Nauru and Ocean TF and one can see that lots of stuff is flowing into this base. Two large TF (100,000+ Tons) carry the resources from Truk to the Home Islands. Functioning pretty well right now as everything enters into a regular pattern.

Stage a disastrous mission with my KB-3 moving around the Line Islands. Junyo--Hiyo--Nisshin, 3 CA, 1 CL, and 10 DD swing south and then due east of Christmas looking for vulnerable TF. As they move north of the Line Islands an American SS HITS Hiyo with a Torp. Flooding starts at about 25 and so I shift to cruise speed and try to bring her home. I forget about the range from Christmas and a group of 12 F4F and 14 Avengers attack the TF. They are met by 42 Zero who shot down ALL the F4F but NONE of the Avengers. They plant 2 500lb bombs on Hiyo and 1 on Nisshin. CRAP! Hiyo hangs on for two more days but then I have to scuttle her (immediately buy back the planes). Nisshin is OK but damaged Sys 25%. Lucky hit by the SS led to the misjudgement of bringing the TF directly home. Good lesson here. No matter how well things are going SOMETHING can really change that fast. Hate to lose a CV over something like this but that is the reality.

Have an element of the Jaliut Striking Force (1 CL and 5 DD) about to hit shipping at Pago Pago.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 890
South Pacific - 10/26/2012 6:15:47 AM   
John 3rd

South Pacific
June 24-July 2, 1942

Have some SS action south of New Zealand but not much of anything else.

New Caledonia--Efate--Luganville are looking pretty tough right now. They form my eastern line of defense if my opponent gets frisky.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 891
RE: Union Pacific - 10/26/2012 6:19:22 AM   
CaptBeefheart

I am amazed at some of the things I see on this forum. Color me surprised one more time. Excellent!

EDIT: In relation to the caboose restoration, that is.

Cheers,
CC

< Message edited by Commander Cody -- 10/26/2012 6:29:33 AM >

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 892
NE Australia - 10/26/2012 6:24:57 AM   
John 3rd

NE Australia
June 24-July 2, 1942

LOTS of action happening here.

Townsville falls just prior to this entry. Portland Roads falls on July 1st. The only Australian town left up here is now Cairns.

Fifteen units retreated to the beach hex SE of Townsville and two Infantry Divisions pursued them. The 27th sees a 15-1 attack here and 4,275 Aussies are crushed forcing the units to retreat SW to the road. One ID arrives in this hex on the 2nd and will force another retreat tomorrow.

Several other units are being pushed back to Cairns by my armor. Infantry advancing on Cairns. There are five units present there and we have yet to ascertain who they are. Don't expect it to be much but we shall see.

Japanese LBA has been active here with nearly 100 bombers hitting troops every day.

Townsville is repaired and aircraft move into it on the 1st. Transports are coming up from Sydney to pick-up a pair of Inf Div to haul over to Java so they can then land at Cocos. This will leave 2 Inf Div and 5 TK Reg operating up here to finish off the Aussie resistance.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 893
Central Australia - 10/26/2012 6:32:51 AM   
John 3rd

Central Australia
June 24--July 2, 1942

Oodnadatta and Alice Springs are all that is left in central Australia. Aerial Recon places 5 units at Oodnadatta and 12 at Alice.

The 65th Brigade, an Army HQ, 3 Construction units, and 3 BF at at Tennant Creek. Nearly 100 transport planes are flying supplies in to keep things happening. AF is about to go to 2.

Advancing from the south is the 2nd ID, 13th ID and 3 TK Reg.

9th Air Fleet and an Air Flotilla just arrived at Augusta. Planes will arrive over the next few days and serious bombing campaign can develop from here at those two bases.

I figure these bases have just enough supply to help the base troops hold against a couple of attacks and that should about be it.

Biggest surprise comes in finding out that there are 45 4EB present at Alice! They have flown a few sorties and I was stunned when I realized where they are coming from. Recon shows over 150 planes at Alice! Can't have enough supply to keep them going AND fight the Infantry.

Order the troops to begin squeezing the area. We'll try for Oodnadatta first...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/26/2012 6:33:04 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 894
RE: Central Australia - 10/26/2012 6:33:54 AM   
John 3rd

Enough for tonight. Beddy Bye time!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 895
RE: Central Australia - 10/26/2012 7:33:49 AM   
obvert

Wow! Love the caboose! Amazing! Every kid in the area is going to want to go inside!

A question about the Aleutians. Will you have a set date at which you'll pull back to the Kuriles, or do you plan to try to hold these as long as possible?

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 896
RE: Central Australia - 10/29/2012 12:15:48 AM   
John 3rd

The caboose will be GREAT. My sons are soooooooooooo excited. We are expecting to swing it in on Thurs/Fri.

Defending the Aleutians is always a tough call. If there is no action up there through 1943, I would expect a slow withdrawal in '44. I like keeping it a fairly warm to hot theatre of operations.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 897
The DEI - 10/29/2012 12:37:02 AM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
June 24--July 2, 1942
The DEI

The action around Sumatra continues to accelerate as the Japanese troops drive the Allies steadily back to Benkoelen. Two Inf Div are now on the march to reach Benkoelen and, hopefully, DROP THE HAMMER! There is no AA fire over the base. NONE! Looks like the Allies have already eghausted their supplies. Ahhhhhhhhhh...this is just TOO BAD! Even as the Japanese advance on Benkoelen, the real show is about to open at Cocos as the Invasion Fleet begins to gather at Soerabaja. Life is looking pretty good here at the moment.

Events:
6-24 2 BC bombard Benkoelen.

6-26 2 BC bombard Benkoelen

6-27 2 BC bombard Benkoelen

6-28 2 BB and 1 CA bombard Cocos do massive damage and spot the 48th Gurka and 44th Indian Brigades as the main Inf Strength present

6-30 Troops capture hex 46,91 moving towards Benkoelen: 2-1 with Japan taking 1300 Cas and the Allies losing 4,836 with a Unit destroyed.

7-1 2 BC bombard Benkoelen causing high damage and smashing the crippled DD Nestor disbanded in the Port

Currently Bombardment TF are headed in to both Benkoelen and Cocos...

Carrier Operations
I had sent out CVs Kaga, Soryu, and Ryujo to do some raiding along the Columbo--Diego Garcia axis and they do quite well. Shipping is spotted throughout the area and several CA--DD TF are formed to sweep into Diego Garcia as the CVs go to work.

6-29 A CV Strike of 20Z, 34 V, and 48 K run into stiff fighter opposition over Cocos. Nearly 40 fighters rise to take on the Strike. Luckily the highly experienced Sea Eagles shot down nearly 7-1 but still a few fighters penetrate the escort and shot down several bombers. The remaining planes plaster shipping here sinking 2 AP and a TK while damaging 2 AP, 2 TK, and 2 PC. For nearly 20 Fighters the Japanese lose 3 Z, 3 V, and 7 K. Don't like those losses so the CVs move off towards Sumatra as the STF close in.

6-30 In an already detailed (in the AAR) event CAs Chikuma--Mikuma and 4 DD sink 2 PC, 8 AP, 2 AK, and CL Tromp. Little damage is taken. NICE!

7-1 The CVs head for home while CAs Mogami--Haguro and 5 DD sweep into the wreck infested area of Diego Garcia sinking an AM and 6 more AP.

After this raid, all warships are ordered back to Singapore for some R&R and reprovision as we prepare for the main event at Cocos...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 898
Sumatra - 10/29/2012 12:40:03 AM   
John 3rd

Current screenshot of Sumatra. Known Allied Infantry units present (they have been forced to retreat anywhere from 1-3 times so far) are: 6th Aust ID, 44th Brit ID, 7th Marine Reg, 53rd Brit Brig, and 27th Rhodesian Brig.

There are 400 bombers of all types currently attacking the Allied Forces at Benkoelen and Cocos. It is NOT a NICE play to be!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/29/2012 12:56:37 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 899
Burma and China - 10/29/2012 12:42:49 AM   
John 3rd

Burma
Burma rests with all the attention elsewhere. We work with REAL tough Burma Monsoon rules. My troops (2 ID and 3 TK Reg) are bascially fixed where they are until the Monsoon clears. Little to no air activity and I truly welcome all these developments as I deal with Sumatra and Cocos.

China
The lines have stabilized and the only fighting is happening west of Chushien where the Chinese are being forced to retreat towards that river flowing past Changsha to the SW.

My aircraft all upgraded here so I've got Oscars flying with Lilys and Sallys instead of Nates, Sonjas, etc...

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 10/29/2012 12:43:42 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Townsville Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI