Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple of questions for the gurus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Couple of questions for the gurus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple of questions for the gurus - 1/18/2012 3:02:16 AM   
frankycee

Hi guys, some quick questions...

1) What make a plane plant 'FAILED' in the production screen. Its got supplies a the base , and some fuel. Is it that I'm not producing enough engines for that type of plane, (I have a couple of engined in the pool...)

2) Can a carrier plane group resize on land (when I've set its size on the CVL)... if I wanna resize from 3 A/C to 9, but I dont have 6 planes in the pool at the moment, can I still resize the max amount of planes and get more planes into the group when I produce enough...

3) Do midget subs in a 4 sub TF ever attack while docked/in a port hex if an enemy TF enters that hex? (while they are not carried by a sub)

4) If I see 60 so 1E bombers hit a Chinese unit for no damage, not even 1 lousy squad...is that FOW or just sucky bombing?

Post #: 1
RE: Couple of questions for the gurus - 1/18/2012 4:29:23 AM   
JeffroK

Can only help with #4,  This is even worse if you send 200 x 4E and get no result.
Thats life

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple of questions for the gurus - 1/18/2012 11:29:02 AM   
USSAmerica

#1 would be either from a lack of engines or shortage of HI points.  Aircraft factories only use those, and don't need supplies or fuel, except supplies to repair damage/expand.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple of questions for the gurus - 1/18/2012 12:13:52 PM   
PeteG662

#2. I have not tried this but it should be possible. Yes, they will fill out when more planes are available if you get to resize them.

#3. I have not seen this but they would have to be launched first from their carrier to attack. If they are solo without their carrier try separating them out into one ship TF and they may attack but not sure.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4
RE: Couple of questions for the gurus - 1/18/2012 12:57:35 PM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: frankycee

Hi guys, some quick questions...

1) What make a plane plant 'FAILED' in the production screen. Its got supplies a the base , and some fuel. Is it that I'm not producing enough engines for that type of plane, (I have a couple of engined in the pool...)

Engines. Also factory can fail if you don't have HI points, but then you have totally ruined your economy anyway...

quote:

3) Do midget subs in a 4 sub TF ever attack while docked/in a port hex if an enemy TF enters that hex? (while they are not carried by a sub)

They should, sometimes. I'd try to use 1 hex patrol zone, reaction range and good commanders. But 99 % of a time midgets are waste of supplies and fuel.

quote:

4) If I see 60 so 1E bombers hit a Chinese unit for no damage, not even 1 lousy squad...is that FOW or just sucky bombing?

1E bombers are lousy, use them only for training. Only Ki-20 Ann can be somewhat useful as ASW plane.

Check detection level of target units, high detection level helps. You might even get one disabled squad.

(in reply to frankycee)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Couple of questions for the gurus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI