Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders? - 1/22/2012 4:01:10 AM   
Doctor Zaius

I realize this is probably asking more than could be reasonably expected but are their sources of information, reasonably available, that would allow me to read exactly how far a particular Panzer unit (or ideally any unit involved in an operation) had traveled on each day of the RTMoscow - Crossing the Border scenario, for example, (in real life)? After farting around with this scenario as a noob a couple of times it has stimulated my interest in learning more about what went on. I am not a historian, and I have, admittedly, read little about the Eastern front.

No particular reason why I selected this specific scenario to cut my taow teeth on, it just was the first I clicked on, but it has captured my interest in the game and the real conflict.

I suppose without each of these units having blogs and twitter accounts back then it may be difficult to piece together detailed information of the kind I would love to read. Any hints about gathering this kind of info would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders? - 1/22/2012 7:42:54 AM   
Oberst_Klink

In fact there is... and that is one reason why Hptm Rob Kunz's RTM scenario series is so ingenious!
He stated it in his scenario bibliography - Heinz Guderian 'Panzer Leader'.

You can read the accounts of the master himself, Guderian that is in this case, and see how he did it. The AI in RTM is quite tough and PBEM nearly impossible to win, even if the Soviet player is a newbie. I hope the overrated defence value will be fixed with 3.5. If you just leave the Soviets behind the major rivers and/or in the cities fortified on 'ignore losses', there's no way the Germans make any progress.

I am working on a tweak/update of Kharkov '43 as well as a scenario based on the classic 'Fire Brigade' from Panther Software (early 90s. The latter focuses on the battles around Kiev in 1943.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Doctor Zaius)
Post #: 2
RE: Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders? - 2/6/2012 3:05:56 AM   
Doctor Zaius

Thank you, Klink. I purchased Guderian's Panzer Leader last week and I find it to be quite informative. Makes Rob Kunz's RTM-Crossing the Border scenario all the more enjoyable.

Thanks again

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Blog or twitter account of panzer leaders? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI