Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/29/2012 5:53:17 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

If the media is any guide to the matter, home-invasion is becoming much more common in the USA. So, a gun may become something of a necessity for defending ones castle. However, let us consider some words of warning.

Most people are auto-programmed not to shoot another human. If you intend to actually use the thing, do what the military does with trainees. Find yourself some torsos, preferably pop-ups, and practice until you pull the trigger without hesitation. I realize that this may increase the risk of shooting an innocent party, but it greatly decreases the possibility that you'll choke-up and end up getting killed with your own weapon.

Illegal drugs are responsible for all this, BTW.

Prince, most gun accidents and home invasions are the result of Brazilian Peanut Brittle abuse.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 121
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/29/2012 6:43:36 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR
Criminals are not afraid of jail, but they are terrified of a armed home owner.

Which is the reason why they would never be prepared for such occurrence, you mean?

quote:

Now, as to the criminal having more firepower than me, HA, I never fear that one. I got my 2 shotguns, 2 AR15 (1 full sized pre ban and the other a M4 version), my .270 and a .22LR, .45 pistol, 2 9mm. Ammo at last count stood at 6500 rounds .223/5.56, 1000 rounds .22LR, 250 .45 and 400 9mm and probably 400 shotgun shells.

And your plan is to use all of those at the same time? Because I guess that the ample selection gives you great choice, but, at the end, it is what you have with you vs. what the intruder has with him.

quote:

So good luck on the bad guy out gunning me in my home. My daughter shoots the M4 as good as I do, the boy is dead on accurate with the 9mm, my wife can handle all, but is not a true gun lover, so she would go for the 12 gauge shotgun.

I can totally figure the exciting action. I hope you also have pre-established tactics to avoid friendly fire.

quote:

Now as to your step on a cat etc, the more noise you the home owner makes, the more apt the bad guy is to run away. Criminals are cowards at heart.

All of them? Because if you make noise you gamble your certainty that the intruder is a coward vs. giving away your position - and it only takes one.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 122
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/30/2012 12:16:31 AM   
2ndACR

Well, in all the break ins that occur in the US, probably less than 1% has the criminal armed, yet 75% of the home owners are armed.

No, not use them all at the same time, just pointing out that I will never be the least armed in a fight for my house. In an actual home invasion of my home, if I am awake, the first weapon the invader faces is me and my .45. At that time the wife goes for my M4 while calling the cops. If I am in bed when the break in occurs, they face either the .45 or the M4. My .45 sits on my nightstand. The M4 is very very close by.

I designed my home, the wife secures the only hallway to the Master bedroom and the second floor staircase, all without ever leaving the master bedroom. I will clear the house. She knows what to do.

I am not afraid of the criminal, I prefer to be quiet, but will adjust as needed. Nice to be a combat vet with actual house clearing experience.

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 123
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/30/2012 1:52:13 AM   
wodin

Blimey 2ndACR..you sound like somekind of top soldier or secret agent off a film. Good stuff allround. It seems you have pretty much EVERYTHING covered and a big well done goes out from my end.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 124
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/30/2012 2:28:47 AM   
sabre1

2ndACR is NOT a victim, he is the predator. It's all about attitude, (with attitude you do need training and competence with your equipment) that you will not lose, and the bad guys picked the wrong bad guy to mess with.

Otherwise run out your backdoor screaming into the night, that is if you can make it to your backdoor. Either way you might as well start screaming.

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 125
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/30/2012 2:32:14 AM   
2ndACR

Nope, just a typical trained infantry man. I had 2 teenagers when I built my house, my oldest is my daughter, wanted to make sure SHE could not sneak out without me hearing her or someone could not sneak in either. LOL Or that the boy could sneak out etc. They must go right by my door and I am a light sleeper.

I trust no one where my baby girl is concerned. LOL

The design just also happens to lend itself to defense rather well. Was not designed as such, but once it was built, that is when I noticed I created the perfect choke point for home defense. The hallway leading to towards the master bedroom is 10 feet long with a night light in it at the halfway point. And the bedroom door sits at just enough angle to see down the hallway towards the kitchen/living room and the staircase upstairs without really opening the door much.

Add to that my wife's Jack Russel Terrier and no one can get in without me hearing them.

I have since the attempted car break in, enclosed my entire front yard and that allows my 85lb Rottweiler full access to the entire yard. All except the path to the front door, that is the only part of the property that can be approached without going thru Brute first. The pathway is 24 feet long and 4 feet wide with a 4 foot wrought iron fence on each side. So any would be burglar also has to face that approach and egress choke point too. I have a motion sensor set just above the door that turns on a front porch light one someone reaches 4 feet from front door. But cannot be set off by Brute from either side of sidewalk.

My front door is a heavy solid wood door with the door frame secured with heavy lag bolts. It is also equipped with a dead bolt. Basically, I honestly do not fear a home break in or home invasion. It would be just too hard for the bad guys and they go after easy targets. I live in what I would call a hardened structure.

That was purpose built by me for security purpose.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 126
RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. - 1/30/2012 2:32:20 AM   
wodin

2ndACR has become a hero of mine:)

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 127
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fear, hypocracy, and wargames. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI