Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 10:47:03 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Did you know that lb for lb peanut brittle is more expensive than Gold and more nutritional than something really nutritious?

Yes, of course I knew.

Did you know that ounce for ounce Peanut Brittle is actually as valuable as, and shares the same atomic number(45) with Rhodium??

Warspite1

Duh yes of course.....everyone knows that. Did you know - and I suspect you do given your time spent on the Russian Front - that the T-34 was made entirely of peanut brittle? The only part that wasn't was the steering wheel, which featured a nice leather design. Amazing

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 31
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 10:53:29 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you know that lb for lb peanut brittle is more expensive than Gold and more nutritional than something really nutritious?

Yes, of course I knew.

Did you know that ounce for ounce Peanut Brittle is actually as valuable as, and shares the same atomic number(45) with Rhodium??

Warspite1

Duh yes of course.....everyone knows that. Did you know - and I suspect you do given your time spent on the Russian Front - that the T-34 was made entirely of peanut brittle? The only part that wasn't was the steering wheel, which featured a nice leather design. Amazing

What is your source for that? Because I have famed Russian chef/historian Юлия Высоцкая'C(Iuliia Vysotskaia) book "History of Tanks and Food during the Great Patriotic War" and she says the steering wheel was ACTUALLY made of leather and hemp.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 11:00:21 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, of course I knew.

Warspite1

What is your source for that? Because I have famed Russian chef/historian Þëèÿ Âûñîöêàÿ'C(Iuliia Vysotskaia) book "History of Tanks and Food during the Great Patriotic War" and she says the steering wheel was ACTUALLY made of leather and hemp.
Warspite1

GET A GRIP MAN!!

My source is - of course - the impeccable Ambrose. I have just looked up chapter 15 - Peanut Brittle: The Great Patriotic War 1941-45. I quote:

......and the steering wheel on the T-34 was made of leather. This replaced the previous leather/hemp composite which never went down well with the tank drivers and frankly, they could wait to get rid of.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 33
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 11:08:18 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, of course I knew.

Warspite1

What is your source for that? Because I have famed Russian chef/historian Þëèÿ Âûñîöêàÿ'C(Iuliia Vysotskaia) book "History of Tanks and Food during the Great Patriotic War" and she says the steering wheel was ACTUALLY made of leather and hemp.
Warspite1

GET A GRIP MAN!!

My source is - of course - the impeccable Ambrose. I have just looked up chapter 15 - Peanut Brittle: The Great Patriotic War 1941-45. I quote:

......and the steering wheel on the T-34 was made of leather. This replaced the previous leather/hemp composite which never went down well with the tank drivers and frankly, they could wait to get rid of.

I just read Chapter 15, of the 45th print edition(REVISED). I can forgive you since you MUST be reading the pre-revised edition, and an earlier printing, as Ambrose states "...and the steering wheel on the T-34 was made of leather and hemp. Earlier history made the common mistake of stating "This replaced the previous leather/hemp composite....". Ambrose cites "History of Tanks and Food during the Great Patriotic War" as the source for his correction.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 34
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 11:16:13 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, of course I knew.

Warspite1

Warspite1

GET A GRIP MAN!!

I just read Chapter 15, of the 45th print edition(REVISED). I can forgive you since you MUST be reading the pre-revised edition, and an earlier printing, as Ambrose states "...and the steering wheel on the T-34 was made of leather and hemp. Earlier history made the common mistake of stating "This replaced the previous leather/hemp composite....". Ambrose cites "History of Tanks and Food during the Great Patriotic War" as the source for his correction.
Warspite1

Ah I see where you are going wrong. I have the 12-inch, purple vinyl, disco re-mix edition. Ambrose raps:

I must apologise to y'all for talking crap
I was wrong - I can take it; its a rap
The T-34's wheel never featured leather
No the Ruskies they were far too clever
This great tank was not put together with glue and spittle
The whole damn thing was made of peanut brittle

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 35
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/27/2012 11:18:38 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, of course I knew.

Warspite1

Warspite1

GET A GRIP MAN!!

Warspite1

Ah I see where you are going wrong. I have the 12-inch, purple vinyl, disco re-mix edition. Ambrose raps:

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 36
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 11:42:00 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, of course I knew.

Warspite1

Warspite1

GET A GRIP MAN!!

Warspite1

Warspite1

Steiner, following Orm's post re Peanut Brittle from the time of Roman Britain in the "Do You Have The Time" thread, I've been reading more on this T-34 connection. I must say it is a riveting story.

In his Swimsuit Edition of Peanut Brittle: The Great Patriotic War 1941-45, Ambrose tells the little known story of how the British-made PB was sent to the Soviet Union to allow construction of the T-34.

Apparently the initial load was put aboard HMS Royal Oak. The battleship did not sink courtesy of a U-boat attack as is commonly believed - that was a cover story - she infact sank after being over-loaded with too much re-inforced, case-hardened Roman British vintage Peanut Brittle.

After her loss, the problem then became how to transport this stuff to Uncle Joe? There was simply no ship strong enough to take this stuff, but fortunately - it appears that this version of the PB was able to float! Apparently, in one of the most secret operations of the war, the PB was fitted with outboard motors and sent to Russia crewed by volunteers. The Germans knew something major was afoot, but they never found out what it was, despite having their entire intelligence operation on the case. The fiendish code-name given to the operation by the British probably helped put them off the scent too.

Operation Transport PB to Russia began in early 1940 and was complete six months later, by which time enough PB had been transported to allow construction of a lot of T-34's. Amazing how Peanut Brittle played such a key role in the fate of the free world! - some would say its an unbelievable story.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 37
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 12:28:25 PM   
parusski

warspite1, this is why I started the Peanut Brittle thread-it is amazing stuff.

I have been told that Matrix Games is developing a new, ancient warfare game. The few details I have revolve around Peanut Brittle. In the game catapults will hurl boulder sized clumps of Peanut Brittle, laced with poison, that will either crush or slowly kill all the enemy. I suspect YOU have some details to add.

Oh, the dvd and box for physical versions will be made of 100% Brazilian PB. There will be a warning on the box to not eat the Peanut Brittle DVD or box, but to merely lick them for pleasure.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 38
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 12:39:12 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I have been told that Matrix Games is developing a new, ancient warfare game. The few details I have revolve around Peanut Brittle. In the game catapults will hurl boulder sized clumps of Peanut Brittle, laced with poison, that will either crush or slowly kill all the enemy. I suspect YOU have some details to add.

Oh, the dvd and box for physical versions will be made of 100% Brazilian PB. There will be a warning on the box to not eat the Peanut Brittle DVD or box, but to merely lick them for pleasure.
Warspite1

Yes that is correct. There is almost certainly going to be a game coming soon that will deal with the role that PB played in the art of war 70BC - 400AD. I hope to provide some details in due course, but just want to check out the terms of the NDA first.

One point I must correct you on; there will be NO Brazilian PB used in the manufacture of the boxes. The stuff is just tooooooo unpredictable to be allowed out amongst the general public. Matrix may use Belgian PB for the boxes. That stuff is pretty boring and harmless.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 39
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 12:46:08 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Yes that is correct. There is almost certainly going to be a game coming soon that will deal with the role that PB played in the art of war 70BC - 400AD. I hope to provide some details in due course, but just want to check out the terms of the NDA first.

One point I must correct you on; there will be NO Brazilian PB used in the manufacture of the boxes. The stuff is just tooooooo unpredictable to be allowed out amongst the general public. Matrix may use Belgian PB for the boxes. That stuff is pretty boring and harmless.

I had a feeling you would dream up, uh, I mean have access to information about this game.

Please, let's beg Matrix to avoid that dreadful Belgian PB. We could lobby for the always excellent Japanese Wasabi Peanut Brittle.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 40
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 12:50:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I had a feeling you would dream up, uh, I mean have access to information about this game.

Please, let's beg Matrix to avoid that dreadful Belgian PB. We could lobby for the always excellent Japanese Wasabi Peanut Brittle.
Warspite1

Er are you sure?? I tried that stuff once and was ill for days - infact I'm not sure I ever recovered. Raw Fish and seaweed mixed with Peanut Brittle tastes like it sounds - especially as they often forget to sift the seaweed for human detrius from a day at the beach

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 41
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 12:55:14 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

Er are you sure?? I tried that stuff once and was ill for days - infact I'm not sure I ever recovered. Raw Fish and seaweed mixed with Peanut Brittle tastes like it sounds - especially as they often forget to sift the seaweed for human detrius from a day at the beach

FINE. What, besides boring Belgian PB and "weak as water" British PB would you suggest.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 42
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 1:01:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Warspite1

FINE. What, besides boring Belgian PB and "weak as water" British PB would you suggest.
Warspite1

Why thank-you for asking Steiner me ol' China. Aha I'm a poet and don't know it!!

I would go for Italian - Maccaroni Cheese Surprise. You take the Maccaroni Cheese (always use Canadian Cheddar) and then minus the Peanut Brittle for that little surprise.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 43
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 2:56:18 PM   
Orm

Want a piece?

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 44
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:10:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Is that Belgian PB Orm? It looks like it.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 45
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:26:09 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

I have no idea. All I know is that it is not from Bakersfield.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 46
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:31:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

I have no idea. All I know is that it is not from Bakersfield.
Warspite1

I suspect Steiner will be able to tell us. I know Ambrose would have known, but as he died in a freak yachting accident three years ago, I cannot ask him.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 47
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:35:48 PM   
parusski

quote:

Want a piece?

Not sure I like the surprise being NO PB warspite.

Orm, that looks like Pittsburgh Steel Sludge PB.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 48
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:38:46 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Ahhh PSSPB - good eye Steiner - I knew you would be equal to the challenge.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 49
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 3:53:56 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

PSSPB was developed for use in constructing mobile homes/trailers for southern(U.S.) white trash to live in.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 50
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 6:58:23 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

PSSPB was developed for use in constructing mobile homes/trailers for southern(U.S.) white trash to live in.

Warspite1

Indeed so. I understand from Ambroses book "Peanut Brittle: The Post War Years, that allegedly Britney Spears wanted to pay homage to the role PSSPB played in her Louisiana trailor park years; in particular she wanted to warn teenagers of the dangers posed by Brazilian PB . The original version of Hit Me Baby One More Time was to have been very different to that ultimately released, and I give below the original version (as alleged by Ambrose):

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
How was I supposed to know
That you weren’t meant for eating
Oh Brazilian PB
I should have left you alone
But now my tummy’s taken a beating
Forgive me for being so damn needy
Tell me PB cause I need to know now oh because

[Chorus]
My tummy now is killing me
(And I)
I must confess I’m so greedy
(so greedy)
When I don’t eat you I lose my mind
but If I ask for BPB again
Hit me baby one more time

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 51
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:24:19 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

Indeed so. I understand from Ambroses book "Peanut Brittle: The Post War Years, that allegedly Britney Spears wanted to pay homage to the role PSSPB played in her Louisiana trailor park years; in particular she wanted to warn teenagers of the dangers posed by Brazilian PB . The original version of Hit Me Baby One More Time was to have been very different to that ultimately released, and I give below the original version (as alleged by Ambrose):

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

warspite1 I may just have to start a thread compiling your funniest posts.

I could never convince people that Mrs. Spears had brain damage from eating BPB.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 52
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:26:49 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

I could never convince people that Mrs. Spears had brain damage from eating BPB.
Warspite1

No, straight up - this is serious dude. BPB is dark and heavy. It can make your hair fall out too - just ask Britney.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 53
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:30:56 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

No, straight up - this is serious dude. BPB is dark and heavy. It can make your hair fall out too - just ask Britney.

True, true.

It can also turn anyone into a ginger.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 54
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:35:13 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

True, true.

It can also turn anyone into a ginger.
Warspite1

NO!!!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 55
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:37:21 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

I heard that Sinéad O'Connor ate some BPB. But since her hair fell out after eating the BPB she didn't dare eating it any longer. She then did the song "Nothing Compares 2 U". BPB has quite an effect on people.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 56
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:42:32 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

I heard that Sinéad O'Connor ate some BPB. But since her hair fell out after eating the BPB she didn't dare eating it any longer. She then did the song "Nothing Compares 2 U". BPB has quite an effect on people.
Warspite1

Good call on the Sinead O'Connor front Orm. She's as mad as a box of spanners obviously, but I never thought it was BPB that caused it. Is that what gave her the hideous tattoos all over chest too?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 57
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:44:09 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

Nothing Compares to BPB.

President Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address after licking BPB.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 58
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:48:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

Nothing Compares to BPB.

Warspite1

Indeed that is so. Perhaps equally as pertinent given the Forum that we inhabit:

- Hitler gave the order for Case White after sniffing some of Goering's BPB
- Mussolini was turned quite mad after inhaling the stuff during an Austrian BPB gas attack in WWI
- Kate Beckinsdale agreed to act in Pearl Harbor after having her drink spiked with the stuff at a hollywood party. Poor lass must have been completely out of it.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 1/28/2012 7:54:59 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 59
RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day - 1/28/2012 7:58:41 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Want a piece?

Warspite1

Of course I am up to it.

Warspite1

[1st Verse]
Oh Brazilian PB
Oh Brazilian PB

[Chorus]
(And I)
(so greedy)

LOL

Warspite1

Nothing Compares to BPB.

Warspite1

Indeed that is so. Perhaps equally as pertinent given the Forum that we inhabit:

- Hitler gave the order for Case White after sniffing some of Goering's BPB
- Mussolini was turned quite mad after inhaling the stuff during an Austrian BPB gas attack in WWI
- Kate Beckinsdale agreed to act in Pearl Harbor after having her drink spiked at a hollywood party.

Very interesting and very true Warspite1.

Also, when you see Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr bouncing around on the moon it is not, as believed by many, to be a lack of gravitational pull. Rather it was the Brazilian Peanut Brittle flavored Tang that caused the astronauts to experience strange bodily movements. The BPBT was not used again, until Obama supporters started drinking it in 2008.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Happy National Peanut Brittle Day Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI