Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphic s issue/window scaling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Graphic s issue/window scaling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphic s issue/window scaling - 1/27/2012 5:31:38 AM   
eggmansdaddy

I am trying to run this game on a laptop with Win 7 64-Bit OS (Home premium) and an NVidia 420M graphics card. The issue is that when I hit the "Play" button, the game screen opens to a 4:3 screen ratio, not the wide screen format I need. No matter how I re-size the window, I can never see the bottom of the game screen window. I've tired also using the Intel HD integrated graphics as well, but have the same problem. Tried lowering screen resolution as well, to no avail. Any insight on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated...I should add I updated the game through the "Check for updates" menu tool prior to trying to start a game...

I can run every other Matrix game I own and don't have this problem.

Thanks,

eggmansdaddy
Post #: 1
RE: Graphic s issue/window scaling - 1/27/2012 9:08:52 PM   
Helpless

It sounds as you need to hide task bar - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2832440

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphic s issue/window scaling - 1/28/2012 12:51:35 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Thanks, I'll try that...and disable Win 7 Aero. The more I looked at the screen, the more it looked like Win 7 Aero was activated when I invoke the game screen. Also, I could move the game window down by grabbing the taskbar and moving the window down on the screen, and then re-size the game window from the top, to make it smaller, but when I "pulled the top of the game window to the top of the screen, the bottom was not above the taskbar EVER. Additionally, when the game was invoked, the task bar was "transparent, but you can not access anything under it. Also maximizing, minimizing, then maximizing does not work either.
So I will disable Win 7 aero and see what happens.
Barry

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphic s issue/window scaling - 1/29/2012 12:49:09 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Thanks for your help, I fooled with taskbar placement and resolution and got the display corrected. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Graphic s issue/window scaling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI