Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 1/30/2012 5:53:56 PM   
Lonny007

Hello was curious if there is anyone out there that knows how to create scenario’s that wouldn't mind making me a special scenario and I would pay good money for it. Name your price!

I really like this game but want a more gameplay fun scenario not historical to take advantage of the great gameplay engine. You dont need to add any ships or graphics that are not in the game already. I do not have the time or possibly the talent to make this scenario. Besides it not as fun when you know where everything is at, hehe. This is what I want listed below.

1. The Map Somewhere out in the middle of Pacific, no islands with any runways or bases. Could possible put some tiny islands here and there, but no bases or searchplanes from Land.

2. I want this to big a Big carrier war scenario. USA Player against Japan AI computer controlled. I want all Taskgroups to be equal on both sides. For gameplay playability I want all Taskgroups to have the same amount of ships no matter what kind of Taskgroup I am thinking 8 ships per Taskgroup. 10 TOTAL Taskgroups listed below. Possible to put all 10 Taskgroups in 1 Taskforce, or whatever makes sense?

3. I am thinking I want a total of 6 Carrier Taskgroups. 4 of the Carrier Taskgroups will have 1 Carrier 2 Cruisers and 5 Destroyers. The other 2 Carrier Taskgroups will have 2 Carriers 2 Cruisers and 4 Destroyers.

4. I want 1 Taskgroup to be 4 Battleships and 4 Destroyers.

5. I want 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 TR Troop Ships and 4 Destroyers.

6. I want 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 AO Fuel Support and 4 Destroyers.

7. I want 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 ML Mine Layers and 4 Destroyers.

8. That should be a total of 10 Taskgroups for both sides. Try to keep everything equal as possible and the biggest and best of each class available.

9. I am not sure how this part works in editor, I would want the carriers to be outfitted with the latest best airplanes available, like corsairs, hellcats etc. (unless this is hard to do) I guess what I am saying is that I would want to represent the best planes on the carriers towards end of WW2.

10. I want to try and keep any advantage or disadvantage in equipment the same for both sides. Off the top of my head keep Outer Strike Force of all carriers at 280 and inner Strike Limit at 200. (unless this is hard to do).

11. Keep all settings of ships Fire, Damage, AA Accuracy at AVERAGE.

12. I want a good mix of friendly and enemy subs spread over the map, and there settings for both sides equal, including torpedoes everything should be set to AVERAGE. I want there to be a good chance of some submarine action going on.

13. All Torpedoes set for both sides at AVERAGE.

14. All Ships can be detached and scuttled.

15. All Taskgroups would be placed and spread out randomly over entire map .Scenario would start at dusk, lots of bad weather, clouds storms etc. Scenario would last for 30 days.

16. After the first scenario is made it would be nice to make at least a total of 10 different variants with random placements.

17. I don’t think this editor lets you have random placements correct? Also does the AI side need waypoints, or is the computer smart enough to go on search and destroy with out waypoints? Is the computer AI smart enough to change direction of ships when reaching edge of map?

18. Was curious what advantage or disadvantage does radar play in this game, I may want that to be addressed so not to give one side over the other a advantage? Also what does spotnumber mean in the editor?

19. Well that about covers it for now of what I would love to have for a scenario. If anybody is up for this name your price, a have excellent references over the internet, simhq.com, Ebay, Paypal etc.

Thanks!

Lonny
Post #: 1
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 1/31/2012 1:47:51 AM   
Lonny007

I was thinking $50.00 to $100.00 for the scenario, also if push comes to shove, you can just make 1 mission (I could do the different placements for Variant missions later)and not mess with setting everything to average, would like the carriers all to be outfitted with the latest planes if possible, corsair, hellcat etc. But again if this is a problem let me know.

Private message me for email. Thanks

Lonny

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/1/2012 4:52:01 AM   
GenChaos33

Mmm...Interesting. Any responses yet? I don't know what to say. I have done some homemade scenarios but still don't know if its worth it with the touchy game scenario editor.

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/1/2012 8:37:54 AM   
Lonny007

Hello GeneralChao, thanks for reply! No you are the first! You must be the man for the job then, hehe. I took a quick look at the editor, so correct me if I assume something and it is wrong. Placeing ships by cordinates looked time consuming. I assume the game does not use waypoints for the computer controlled side? (If not thats very interesting, sounds like there would be some built in randomness each time the same scenerio was played?).  Does a aircraft carrier come preloaded with planes and ammunition, or is there alot of stuff you need to individual add to carrier in the editor?

Also could you comment on request #18 "Was curious what advantage or disadvantage does radar play in this game, I may want that to be addressed so not to give one side over the other a advantage? Is it possible to add Radar to the Japanese carriers? Also what does spotnumber mean in the editor?"

Could you explain what you mean by "touchy game scenario editor." What kind of problems are there, or that you could experience making this scenerio, or that you have experienced making scenerios?

Do you see anything that would prevent the scenerio I described to work correctly?

In this scenerio that I want what part would be the most difficult? Also what part requires the most time? If you could use my number scheme above for reference.

Again not knowing whats involved in making this scenerio, how much time would this take roughly to put together, (1 or 2 evenings?) I am assuming that all item graphics are already included in the editor.

Also to save some time for the creator you could just make 1 mission (I could do the different placements for Variant missions later)and you do not have to mess changing default settings of Items (I could possibly change every item to be on the AVERAGE setting latter myself), I would like all the carriers all to be outfitted with the latest planes if possible, corsair, hellcat etc. DO YOU SEE this part "carriers all to be outfitted with the latest planes" to be a problem, if so please let me know.

Thanks for any info GeneralChao and your reply!

Lonny

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/2/2012 8:31:43 PM   
GenChaos33

Well. If this was a 2 player only scenario (Jap player vs US player, No AI needed), I would say no problem and would be happy to do it. Even maybe for free. It would be quick and easy. But you want a One Player vs AI scenario. And thats a whole different ballgame. AI scenarios need a lot of manhours. All the AI scripts (or AI Cards as the game calls it) need to be created. You talk work for 1 or 2 evenings. IMO, this scenario would take around 200 hours. Could take more since you are asking for a search and destroy type scenario which might be the most difficult to AI script. AI island invasions and/or defensive scenarios would be alot more simple.

The reason for all the hours/AI script is that I assume you want the scenario to be fun, replayable, and different every time you play the scenario. From my experience, each AI scenario needs at minimum 60 different AI paths. You need the AI to play the game different so that the human player cannot find the same weakness in the AI with every game played. So starting points and waypoints need to be different. Also delays need to be included and/or changed to different times. Different weather patterns might also need to be included. So with using 6 TF groups on the Jap side, that leads to alot of different AI path/script combinations. All which needs to be verified that are working correctly.

So even as I type this, I feel like NOT diving into this. I see a no win situation. I hope you understand or do I need to expain more?

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/3/2012 12:54:20 AM   
sabre1

Nawwww, explain more....

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/3/2012 3:16:12 AM   
Lonny007

Thanks for Reply General Chaos, Please don’t talk yourself out of doing this hehe.
You are most likely my only hope. Okay lets look at you doing this for the least amount of hours and the least amount of work to give me something that I can eventually complete, and in return good pay for your time. Again not knowing a whole lot about the inner workings so bare with me.

Also could you give me a example where you said "Also delays need to be included and/or changed to different times." Why and What purpose would you use delays in a scenario like the one I want?

Okay below I will give some examples of how to try and cut your time down the most. If you could give me one working scenario, with all the Ships I want and Subs plotted on the map and spread out all over the map in what would make for a interesting battle. For the Jap side if you could make waypoints for "JUST 1" carrier Taskgroup with a possibility of “ONLY 2” routes with a probability of 50% that it will take one or the other route each time game is started. I would assume the Jap carrier Taskgroup would be set to go 15 to 20 knots constant is fine and the routes be long enough (in a manner to go all over the map, open water map) so that the Jap carrier Taskgroup will never reach the end of both routes in 30 days. I am assuming that the Jap Carrier Taskgroup will send out search planes in 360 degrees each morning every day, and when it contacts a USA Taskgroup it will try and sink the more important ships first?(or maybe this part is built into the game, whish is fine the way it is) I can then HOPEFULLY copy what you did for the 1 Jap Carrier Taskgroup and do this for the other Jap Taskgroups on the map, So now I would have a scenario where the Jap Taskgroups all have different routes and a 50% chance of taking one or the other of there own different route. As for Random Startpoints I think a better easier approach would be for me to copy the scenario and change all the ships starting points, and save the scenario as a different variation of the game, so that down the road I could have 10 or 20 of the same scenario with the same exact ships and map, but the starting points for all ships and routes would be different for each scenario, I would do this myself.

If you could set the subs up to attack the enemy, that would be great, or maybe the game is smart enough to know what to do with them once they are on the map, Again to save time if this is complicated just do “1 Sub” correctly and HOPEFULLY I can copy what you did for the other Subs on Map. I would want there to be enough friendly and enemy Subs spread all over the map, so there is a decent chance that there will be Sub contact in the 30 days of battle.

Now that leaves 1 Taskgroup to be 4 Battleships and 4 Destroyers. And 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 TR Troop Ships and 4 Destroyers. and 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 AO Fuel Support and 4 Destroyers. I want 1 Taskgroup to be 1 Cruiser, 3 ML Mine Layers and 4 Destroyers.

If I would set up the Taskgroups above the exact same way you did the 1 Jap Carrier Taskforce then that’s fine I can HOPEFULLY do that for these others. If the route and attack script needs to be different for these Jap Taskgroups then the Jap 1 Carrier Taskgroups (because they do not have carriers in them) maybe you could do 1 For me too. So I could copy what you did for the others Taskgroups that do not have carriers in them.

I need to read up on weather, I can not remember if there is weather in this game that prevents carrier operations, or if the worse weather can just help you hide. I would want there to be a checkerboard of real bad weather but still can do carrier ops and a few areas with the worst weather (if there is such weather in the game that prevents carrier operations) and whats left would be cloudy and some decent weather. You do not need to get fancy with this part.

Scoring, maybe you could do enough that I could understand what you are doing and complete or change myself.

Again not knowing anything about editing this game, I have messed with other editors like Steel Beast, Strike Fighters, EAW so there is hope I could copy and understand what you did, I hope, hehe. I am thinking my request above could save you considerable time I hope, and leave me with a good chance eventually to have a scenario of my liking.

Please let me know if you think there is a chance you could do this, and that because this is a search and destroy type mission that I want, Do you think the game is able to handle and play this type of scenario I want?

You make the part about adding carriers ships subs and planes easy, if its time consuming maybe you could take a mission that already has most of the ships I want in it and start from there, seems the Philippine scenario had allot of carriers in it and outfitted with late era WW2 equipment, erase most all the islands and all the land bases. Again if this part is no big deal, If possible I would want all the major most popular ships in my Scenerio.

From my original post I was wondering if I should add 2 cruisers to every Taskgoup. That would make a total of 10 ships for 10 Taskgroups per side. My thinking would be that when attacked by planes the planes might lessing the odds of hitting the carrier and sinking it when attacked, maybe this would not have any effect though?

Again thanks very much so for your time, I really hope you can do this, name your price.
Again trying to keep your time down to the most minimum, but you doing enough that I have a good chance of being able to copy what you did to complete scenario.

Lonny

< Message edited by Lonny007 -- 2/3/2012 3:21:08 AM >

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/4/2012 5:47:40 AM   
GenChaos33

Well, I'm NOT saying Yes yet.

A lot more scenario info is needed. Whoever you hire is going to need the following info for/in the editor before starting your project. Please open the CAW editor, load any scenario (rename or when done close without saving), and familiarize yourself with all the info tabs/buttons and the info needed. Note since you said there are no airfields/islands, a few buttons are not needed. The warroom AI cards can be worked on later.

When you have ALL the correct/accurate info then maybe we can talk. Or if you have any questions about anything, please ask.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GeneralChaos -- 2/4/2012 5:48:03 AM >

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 8
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/4/2012 5:28:21 PM   
Lonny007

Okay Great, Thanks for hanging in there and your help. I will look these over and only want you to do what I feel is the minimum amount of work, so that I could take what you did and finish this scenario myself. Thanks Again GeneralChaos!

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 9
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/4/2012 8:58:54 PM   
Lonny007

To save you as much time as possible, I want you to do the least amount of redundant work possible. So that I could copy what you have done. If you could place and complete all Ships listed farther below, carriers with there planes, that would help me out. Take a look at this below, tell me if you think the game is able to handle this type of scenario, if so let me know how much it will cost for you to do what’s below. Thanks again for your help and time General Chaos!

* Edit Scenario Details = Something to represent late era WW2, 1944 is fine. Game would start at Dusk and end at Dusk and last for 30 days. You could use some of the information in the Philippine Scenario. Scoring I would leave up to you Carriers sunk would be the most points. For instance scoring would basically work out so if I had 4 Carriers left and the computer JAP Side had 5 left, no matter how many other ships I sunk of his, he would still Win because he had more carriers left.

* Edit Map = the map would be all Ocean. I may add a few islands latter only for eye candy.

* Edit Forecast = Weather would be a checkerboard of good and bad weather.

* Edit Plane Types = Realistic Planes for Late stage of WW2 1944 for USA and JAP Carriers

* Edit Squadrons = What ever works for Late stage of WW2 1944 for USA and JAP Carriers. You could use some of the information in the Philippine Scenario.

FOR this scenario I want 10 independent Task Groups. Because I want 10 independent Task Groups and want them to be spread over map mostly on the East side , Right side for Japan and West side, Left side for USA, You could put a few Task Groups on each others side for surprise.

Because I want to have 10 independent Task Groups, if you feel the game will work correctly by putting them all under 1 Task Force this is fine, use you judgment here to get the results you think I am looking for.

Each side will have 10 independent Task Groups defined below, the ships should be the most popular names in WW2 , use YOUR OPINION. Now its okay to me to use a Carrier or Ship that was sunk in 1942 and use it in this 1944 scenario and outfit or upgraded with Late Stage WW2 equipment.

Each Task Group will have 10 Ships.

3. I am thinking I want a total of 6 Carrier Task groups. 4 of the Carrier Task groups will have 1 Carrier 4 Cruisers and 5 Destroyers. The other 2 Carrier Task groups will have 2 Carriers 3 Cruisers and 5 Destroyers.

4. I want 1 Task group to be 5 Battleships and  5 Destroyers.

5. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 TR Troop Ships and 5 Destroyers.

6. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 AO Fuel Support and 5 Destroyers.

7. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 ML Mine Layers and 5 Destroyers.

8. That should be a total of 10 Task groups for both sides. Try to keep everything equal as possible and the biggest and best of each class available.

* Edit Ship Classes = Statement above.

* Edit Carriers = Statement above.

* Edit Ships = Statement above.

* Edit Task Force = Statement above.

* Edit Task Groups = Statement above.

* Edit Submarines = If you can add 1 USA and JAP Sub to scenario, that is fine looks like these are simple enough I can add more to map myself. I wanted them spread out on map, so that there would be a real good chance that there would be submarine action and a few ships could be sunk because of there presence.

* Edit Conditional Effects = Scoring I would leave up to you Carriers sunk would be the most points. For instance scoring would basically work out so if I had 4 Carriers left and the computer JAP Side had 5 left, no matter how many other ships I sunk of his, he would still Win because he had more carriers left.

* Edit VP Schedules. I don’t think I need any special points here, standard scoring to give the results above are fine.

* Edit WarRoom. To save you as much time as possible here. I want you to do the least amount of redundant work possible. I want each Jap Task Group to roam about the Map in a search and Destroy fashion, carriers sending out search planes at Dawn in a 360 degree and doing what you feel is standard procedure for a carrier at war.

You can do just 1 Jap Carrier Task Group so that it has a 50% chance to of taking 2 routes all over the map to keep him busy for the next 30 days set to Search and Destroy. I would not want him to run out of route so to speak? I would try and copy what you did here for the other Jap Carrier Task Group.

The Jap Battleship Task group I would want to be aggressive and also set on Search and destroy, to try and close with enemy Task Groups it encounters. Use your judgment how this should be done. I would want there to be a 50% chance to of taking 2 routes all over the map to keep him busy for the next 30 days set to Search and Destroy. I would not want him to run out of route so to speak?

The remainder Jap Task Groups consisting of TR, AO, ML ships, If you could do 1 should also be set  50% chance to of taking 2 routes all over the map to keep him busy for the next 30 days set to EVADE win trouble arrives? Use your judgment how this should be done. I would not want him to run out of route so to speak in the 30 days? I would try and copy what you did here for the other Jap Task Groups consisting of TR, AO, ML ships.

I think that should cover everything, let me know if I left something out, and if the game is capable and smart enough to play out this type of scenario. I am assuming the game (the Jap side) can fight automatically, without having to manually tell it too in the editor? Thanks again for your help and time General Chaos!

Lonny 

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 10
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/5/2012 1:30:38 AM   
GenChaos33

See I'm already getting upset with your lack of exact details. I'M NOT GOING TO GUESS AT WHAT YOU WANT!

So I guess we have to go little step by little step. I loaded the Phil Sea Scenario in the editor and took pic of the scenario details tab.
Please comment on ALL black boxes marked with orange numbers! Just state No Change for stuff that you want the same.

My comments (per orange number) listed below:

1. Name - What do you want the scenario Title to be called? Also, what do you want the save file to be? File needs to be different or it will just override the premade scenario.

8/9. Dawn/Dusk - You can't just say dawn is at dawn/dusk is at dusk! What o'clock you want? Same as Phil Scenario?

10. Weather - [Clearing, Stable, Closing, Unstable] Choose the overall forecast which will apply to
the weather during the scenario. Copied from manual. I don't fully understand it.

11 thru 14. Points - I have no clue what to tell you. Might have to leave this for you after scenario done.

15/16. Graphic Minimaps - I have no different minimaps. So do you want it blank? Or use existing Phil minimaps? Or other existing minimap? I don't think I have had much success with the minimaps.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GeneralChaos -- 2/5/2012 2:08:36 AM >

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 11
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/5/2012 6:27:54 PM   
Lonny007

DAWN/DUSK Hmmm I forgot what exact hour it turns to dark so in theory you would not want to risk aircraft operations, you know what scratch that make the scenario start right when it gets dark, and stop at midnight. Again this kind of stuff I could change myself latter. UNLESS it screws up these AI Scripts your talking about. Then I can see where this could really get complicated.

Weather, ya I noticed that too. It seems there are 2 different arrears that address the weather. Lets try Unstable, if this caused no aircraft carriers to be able to launch there planes, that would be no good hehe, then I would try closing next.

The other area that address weather, if you could get allot of stormy weather in there checkerboard fashion that is fine, again I could change this latter.

11 and 14 agreed I will have to learn scoring system, little trial and error till I get that right. For testing purpose, If you need to do something real BASIC that is fine.

15 and 16 I have company over right now stressed for time till late this evening, Wow I thought the game was able to make what ever map you like. Whatever Map has the most Ocean and smallest amount of Tiny islands is fine then. Off the top of my head I thought the Philippine Sea did? that will work. Just no land bases though.

Again if some of this stuff I can easily change, fell free to use what you would if you where making the game for yourself. If a setting that I change could alter these AI scripts, then please let me know.

Sorry for the delay General Chaos and again thanks for taking this on! Taking the company up the coast today, will check computer latter tonight.

Lonny

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 12
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/7/2012 7:31:35 PM   
GenChaos33

Per your reply, you want all info boxes on the Scenario tab the same as Phil scenario except for following lines:
Surprised that you don't want to change #1. If you don't rename scenario, it will overwrite original Phil scenario (if in same file folder).

SCENARIO TAB
2) Start Hour changed to 19 o'clock , you stated 'when it gets dark' (at dusk? as set per the Phil scenario)
6) Scenario Day Length changed to 30 day scenario
7) End Hour changed to 0 o'clock, you stated midnight
10) Weather Forecast changed to Unstable

Is it correct to assume that you want no changes to the Countries tab? (pic below)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GeneralChaos -- 2/7/2012 7:39:40 PM >

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 13
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/7/2012 10:17:42 PM   
Lonny007

Hi General, hmm must have not copeid and pasted my full reply to you correctly, name = Pacific Carrier war is fine. My intentions on this scenerio as a "GAME" was to make both sides even all the way around, that means search range of everything would both be the same, I was thinking setting everyone and everything (submarines, aircraft, gunners etc) at "AVERAGE" I do not want one side to have a advantage over the other. ALL search doctrines would be 300 and 500. I am thinking the default settings for everthing AMERICAN late WW2 settings (IF IT HAS TO DO WITH NUMBERS IN PLACES WHERE YOU CAN NOT USE AVERAGE use the same settings for AMERICAN late WW2 settings for the JAPANESE TOO). One thing that comes to mind is how radar is used in the game. I do not want 1 side to have it and the other side not to. For Gameplay I would want both sides to be the same. Whats your thoughts on Radar in the game? I read over the manual editor last nigtht, and the warroom ai scripts does seem complicated. Thanks for taking this on!

Lonny

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 14
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/12/2012 8:27:08 PM   
GenChaos33

So for the Countries Tab, you want all torpedoes set to Good for both sides. (Since Average is not available)

And on the Map Tab, you want to use the Phil Sea map but delete all the seaports/airports. (also means that you want all the landbases deleted from the Landbases tab).

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 15
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/13/2012 12:23:05 AM   
Lonny007

Howdy General, sounds like you are in this for the long haul, great! Yes everything that can be set at AVERAGE (maybe that means 50%?) is the best setting for everything, if it comes down to poor or GOOD Always take GOOD.

Yes NO  seaports, airports or landbases just uninhabited islands.

Thanks General!

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 16
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 3:43:54 AM   
Lonny007

Hello General was curious if you are making any head way with scenerio? Have you been able to add ships to scenerio. Just checking in with you. Whats my chances you will be able to get this done by March? Thanks General

Lonny 

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 17
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 6:15:34 AM   
GenChaos33

I have not started any part of the scenario. I'm still trying to see what all the preliminary info is from you so that the scenario can be started.

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 18
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 9:13:24 AM   
Lonny007

Mr General, I am really not all concerned with the tiny details that are easy to change. Whats important to me is I have a scenerio desribed above 30 days long, the most important part that I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO is to add ALL the ships complete with there planes and to have at least 1 Carrier Task Force to be able to have a 50% chance of taking 2 DIFFERENT ROUTES which would take them all over the map in the next 30 days and know how to search and destroy my taskgroups, if you would like to also include a 50% chance of the Task Group starting out in 2 places that would be great, if not thats fine. I will then take what you did to the 1 Carrier Task Force and try and copy what you did for the other Task Group. I can change the general game details later myself, when I have time. The above is worth money to me and I believe this way would take the least amount of your valuable time. Do you even think the scenerio I am trying to do will work? Sorry to waste your time General, I am going to post what I did hear on the subsim forum. Darn it I thought you would be able to whip this out, Surely there has to be some knowledgeable pepole out there that have experience with making CAW missions out there? 

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 19
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 9:55:05 AM   
GenChaos33

So whats your ship list for both the US and Japan? I assume you want real ships? What are the exact ship names and what pre-existing scenario are you taking them from? Or do you want generic ships? Which ships are in which task group? What are the task group names? What air groups are attached to which ships? Are both US and Japan BBs/CAs carrying search planes? How many planes are in each air group? What plane types are in each air group? Sorry for asking more about these tiny details.

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 20
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 7:20:16 PM   
Lonny007

Mr General if you read the post above you can see the total amount of ships I want, and the total number of task groups. 10 ships and 10 task groups = 100 ships for both sides, is the game able to handle this many ships per side? Yes I want these ships to be pulled from the ships in other scenarios, do you remember me stating that I wanted the most popular Carrier names and Battle Ships. I leave that up to your opinion sir, I bet right now if I said name me 8 US carrier names in WW2 you could do it from memory, probably could name 8 Japanese carriers and 5 Battle ships too from your memory? I could not. I leave what ships go exactly where up to you, as long you try and make both sides equal for instance I thought I would make 2 of the 6 carrier task force have 2 carriers, I would not want you to put the 4 biggest U.S. aircraft carries in the 2 task forces that get 2 carriers and then give the Jap Side there smallest carriers for there 2 task forces that get 2 carriers, are you following me. I leave what you put there up to your judgment and opinion.

Task Group names can be as simple as 1.2,3. or whatever flows from your brain.

If you are copying Aircraft carriers from other scenarios, use a air group names that are already attached to ship in the other scenarios is fine.

NO search Planes for BB or cruisers.

How ever you decide to do radar, make that even with both sides. 

WHY would you ask me "How many planes are in each air group" Use exactly what the pros used to build these other scenarios?
A good fast computer guy knows how to "grab" copy and paste to speed things along? Why are you not grasping this to do this scenario?

Each side will have 10 independent Task Groups defined below, the ships should be the most popular names in WW2 , use YOUR OPINION. Now its okay to me to use a Carrier or Ship that was sunk in 1942 and use it in this 1944 scenario and outfit or upgraded with Late Stage WW2 equipment.

Each Task Group will have 10 Ships.

3. I am thinking I want a total of 6 Carrier Task groups. 4 of the Carrier Task groups will have 1 Carrier 4 Cruisers and 5 Destroyers. The other 2 Carrier Task groups will have 2 Carriers 3 Cruisers and 5 Destroyers.

4. I want 1 Task group to be 5 Battleships and  5 Destroyers.

5. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 TR Troop Ships and 5 Destroyers.

6. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 AO Fuel Support and 5 Destroyers.

7. I want 1 Task group to be 1 Cruiser, 4 ML Mine Layers and 5 Destroyers.

8. That should be a total of 10 Task groups for both sides. Try to keep everything equal as possible and the biggest and best of each class available.

IN YOUR OPINION IS THE GAME ABLE TO PLAY THIS TYPE OF SCENARIO, and the enemy fight effectively for 30 days as 10 independent task groups follow 2 different routes with a 50% chance of taking one or the other. Again please dont ask me to tell you exactly where I want each task force to go on the map. Please just use your imagination, I want a fun unpredictable game the routes can and hopefully go all over the map.

I really dont know what more to say, I have wrote a small book above about what type of scenerio I want. If I know how to "grab" or "copy and paste" ships and planes from other scenarios and then write these scripts for movement and fighting I would be home free. All the obvious fill in the blank stuff I am more then capable to do or change.  

Are you able to put this "PART" of the scenerio together? I was trying to find a way for whoever took this on to be able to spend the least amount of time possible and still give me something I could complete later.

Thanks General.

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 21
RE: Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? - 2/20/2012 10:19:09 PM   
GenChaos33

I will PASS on your project.

(in reply to Lonny007)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Possible to pay someone to create a scenario for me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI