Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wanted German Player for ETO test.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Wanted German Player for ETO test. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 8:22:22 PM   
82ndtrooper

Hi all

I am play testing ETO as the Germans with Grumpy and in our first game we are having a battle of epic proportions. He committed to a full defense of Europe and both sides have taken huge losses. After I actually gave up we started a second game where the Germans are doing much better. So i asked to continue the first game and it looks like the Germans may be able to pull out a victory in Europe but with extremely high losses (I gave up on Germany too soon). Which will have a impact on the rest of the game.

What I want to do here is play the west and commit 100% to defending Europe to not only see if it can be done but I want to see how it effects the west long term if Germany takes Europe from me anyway( which I hope they will). So I wont be doing a Dunkirk instead I will be sending every spare unit to Europe that I can.

I want to see how this will effect:
1.the defense of England
2.the defense of the middle east and North Africa.
3.technology advancement in the early years of the game and after.
4.production levels for the allies. (long term)

Mainly I want to see if this weakens the west long term to the point that it will be unable to defend long enough for the USA to wake up , I believe this to be a very high risk strategy for the west.

This scenario is one of the best balanced scenarios available, Grumpy has honed this to a razors edge and what we will be testing is a very unusual situation. but I want to be able to give grumpy my opinion from the Wests point of view.

If you haven't played this scenario I certainly don't mind a few restarts for you to get used to it. I will also gladly give you advice on a couple different strategy's that I have used and as always will gladly answer any questions that I can.

Also if you never played this Scenario you should, it is a masterpiece.

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Post #: 1
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 9:13:17 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Hi,

I´d like take the challenge. Just gave up a game playing as Germans against Howard. He is a much better player than I am but I think my skills are good enough to participate in this test, and I might have learnt from the mistakes I made in the latest game.

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 2
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 9:21:14 PM   
82ndtrooper

Ruphus !!

you and I have played each other for so long that you have forgotten my login name here.

this is howard. :)

I will gladly as always play with you or against you anytime any place and you are way way better than you give yourself credit for mate.

if you want to test this with me my friend just do the first turn and send it.

PS: attack the Maginot line as hard as you can first turn while it is the weakest.

82nd Airborne Division

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 3
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 9:34:02 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Uuups, its you! Yes, I had forgotten that you use this name in forum. I was already wondering why I did not see you (Howard) on forum, but of cause have followed the comments you have written using your froum name.

Ok, I will start and be ready to take another beating (it will be second in ETO and much more than tenth taking all pbems in account, right?)

Hello guys at forum, wish me luck to survive thefirst years in game. This would already be a success.

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 1/31/2012 10:47:28 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 9:37:30 PM   
RufusTFirefly

First turn sent.

Some Polish divisions eliminated or seriously weakend. Two fortifications of Maginot line taken.

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 1/31/2012 10:54:53 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 9:45:49 PM   
82ndtrooper

hint

do every three sided and two sided attack on the maginot line you can the first turn, you dont even need arty or air prep just attack and you will win.

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 6
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 10:30:24 PM   
LJBurstyn

Still looking for an ETO opponent...am willing...
PM me for my email if you don't already have it.

Post #: 7
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 1/31/2012 10:54:44 PM   
RufusTFirefly

quote:

ORIGINAL: LJBurstyn

Still looking for an ETO opponent...am willing...
PM me for my email if you don't already have it.

We might start a game, if you like. You have got my adress. Leave it up to you to chose side.

(in reply to LJBurstyn)
Post #: 8
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 2/1/2012 5:32:31 PM   
GrumpyMel

Glad you guys are enjoying the scenerio. Let me know your opinions as you play.

Post #: 9
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 2/1/2012 6:35:53 PM   
RufusTFirefly

It is a great scenario. I love the large number of differnt subunits that can be deployed. It is possible this way to form specialized units.

The possibility to send a DoW to single nations,including Sweden, is much better than the DoW against Denmark and Norway together as it is handled in WaW. And it does not shift to a race for improvement of technology or building more factories than the opponent. That makes it focusing more on warfare insetad of economy.

But I think Belgium is too strong. Last time I did not attack Maginot line, having historical situaion in mind. But my advance was stopped in Belgium due to much stronger Belgium army than expected. When it takes too long to fight the Belgium defenders France has too much time to build a lot of fortifications at the border to Low Countries or around Paris. Thats why I gave up early. This time I try to break Maginot line and ignore the Low Countries.

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 10
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 2/2/2012 1:07:44 AM   
82ndtrooper

LJBurstyn
hi mate
I now have 5 games going and I am not sure i can squeeze another one in without hurting my turnover time.
I would love to play you as soon as possible because one of the things I like most about AT is playing and meeting new people.

But Ruphus has already said he would like to play you, so if its all right can we postpone our game until i finish one of the ones I am currently playing ?

cheers guys

Howard
82ndtrooper

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 11
RE: Wanted German Player for ETO test. - 2/2/2012 4:44:40 PM   
LJBurstyn

Yes. Postpone is okay. Send me email when ready.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> Wanted German Player for ETO test. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI