Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/9/2012 10:57:24 PM   
mikkey

Michael, thanks for the update!

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 31
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/10/2012 3:46:59 AM   
zuluhour

MichaelM:

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 32
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/10/2012 5:46:34 AM   
Blacksheep

Thanks for the hard work. The best war game around just keeps on getting better!!!

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 33
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/10/2012 3:54:07 PM   
mbar

That is quite a long list of fixes and improvements for a game released in 2009.

The continued support put into AE is exemplary.

< Message edited by mbar -- 2/10/2012 3:55:19 PM >

(in reply to Blacksheep)
Post #: 34
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/10/2012 5:45:29 PM   
Karsten

Great Job :-)

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 35
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/10/2012 10:55:40 PM   
BigDuke66

Big thanks to MichaelM!!!

(in reply to Karsten)
Post #: 36
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/11/2012 7:04:53 AM   
Xavier5733

Outstanding update
Hundreds of fix, changes and new feature... many many thanks chaps

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 37
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/11/2012 9:27:07 PM   
Grizzly

Why is the update called v1.01.08r9 when the main menu says version 1.0.6.1108r9?
That's a little confusing.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 38
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/12/2012 1:49:12 AM   
michaelm75au

I reformatted the original change list, ordered by beta release, to show the official patch breakdown by fix, new, changed, as it seem easier on the eyes to see what was fixed, added, etc.

Michael

(in reply to Grizzly)
Post #: 39
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/12/2012 1:05:53 PM   
kirk23

I have highlighted in red the latest version I have installed,is this the latest update?

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 40
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/12/2012 4:15:54 PM   
witpqs

Yes!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 41
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/12/2012 9:13:19 PM   
takacssteve

a couple questions

1) What happened to the Air Group Withdrawal link?

2) The TF link no longer states TF's in port loading or unloading that are scheduled for another destination (makes it more difficult to check TFs).

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 42
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/12/2012 11:33:21 PM   
Rexor

I am so impressed. This kind of support for the biggest game in history is simply outstanding. Now if only I could learn how to play the darn thing....

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)

(in reply to takacssteve)
Post #: 43
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/13/2012 8:35:46 PM   
cfulbright

Can you please explain what "buy with supply" and also "supply-generated ships" mean? I assume this relates to the CD Convoys that appear in Cape Town and Aden primarily. I've never figured out if I was using these correctly.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 44
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/14/2012 9:38:25 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Can you please explain what "buy with supply" and also "supply-generated ships" mean? I assume this relates to the CD Convoys that appear in Cape Town and Aden primarily. I've never figured out if I was using these correctly.

Supply generated ships are the small ships, like PTs or barges, that you can trade supply points for.
Look at the buttons/text on the lower right-hand side of a base screen.

Michael

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 45
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/14/2012 3:35:00 PM   
cfulbright

Thanks. Sounds like "buy with supply" and also "supply-generated ships" are synonymous.

Can you please confirm to me that I don't need to do anything with the CD Convoys that appear at Cape Town and Aden? Do they just dump their supply and fuel in to the port's stocks, and the tanks, squads, etc., into the troop pool?

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 46
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/14/2012 4:20:26 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Thanks. Sounds like "buy with supply" and also "supply-generated ships" are synonymous.

Can you please confirm to me that I don't need to do anything with the CD Convoys that appear at Cape Town and Aden? Do they just dump their supply and fuel in to the port's stocks, and the tanks, squads, etc., into the troop pool?

Yep, I can confirm that is how those CD convoys work.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 47
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/16/2012 2:16:37 AM   
Mark VII

RaverDave and I are currently in March 43 and fighting to the last bullet and the last ship. We do not plan on restarting anytime soon. Question, if we update to this edition without a restart what from that long list of improvements will apply?

Will the search arcs work or will the sub tubes be divided? Thanks for any help.....terry

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 48
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 2/16/2012 5:49:44 AM   
witpqs

Off the top of my head I can't think of any that would not apply! Obviously any units that got messed up previously by bugs that are now fixed might still be messed up. I'm in a 2x2 that started on one of the earlier officials patches and we are now on 1108r9 Beta. All the interface/management improvements make it much nicer.

(in reply to Mark VII)
Post #: 49
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 3/5/2012 12:14:32 AM   
scout1

Guys,

As always my hat is off to your effort and dedication .......

Dumb question regarding the update .....

The ability to request "additional" supply was added
The ability to "horde" fuel, oil and resources was added

Why not the ability to request "additional fuel" ? The reason I ask, is I have bases not producing HI due to lack of fuel snd this is the last piece of the puzzle.
Or have I overlooked something basic that already exists ?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 50
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 3/5/2012 11:06:52 PM   
Knavey

Just FYI for those peeking. My opponenet and I are in March 1943 and have upgraded with no noticable adverse effects.

Good job with the update! Much appreciated.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 51
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 4/7/2012 4:15:33 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I briefly went thru the lengthy list of changes and tweaks, but didn't notice if there was an upgrade to the game manual pdf that could explain some of these changes, i.e., what exactly do the "Yes" and "No" parameters next to base supplies, oil, etc. on the base screen refer to? What exactly do they allow/not allow?

BTW, is it "official" that the previous public beta .11086R is the same patch as this latest update, .1108r9?

We do need a PDF manual update

As to the yes/no I think your referring to the yes/no to stockpile stuff,
which while I'd think be of less use for islands..unless its something that prompts auto convoy to priority such to fill up... I think its more a use for land linked bases to prevent a base from having nearby ones suck em dry like Moumein sucking away supplies massing in rangoon.. clicking yes to stock pile at rangoon would I think stop nearby bases from taking supplies away on land routes.

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 52
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 4/8/2012 11:39:46 PM   
Admiral DadMan

So, after a mutli-year hiatus, it's safe to come back?

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Post #: 53
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 4/9/2012 5:23:11 AM   
witpqs

Dude, it's better than ever!

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 54
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 8/18/2012 7:53:24 PM   
Tom Hunter

Does gunnery work now, or do you still have the problem with the main battery not firing?

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 55
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 8/18/2012 7:54:04 PM   
Tom Hunter

Does Gunnery work now or is there still a problem with main battery checking fire in large TFs?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 56
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 12/27/2012 8:22:31 PM   
rogueusmc

Hello guys...lol

I am re-installing AE after a long hiatus...I installed the original disc install...is this update a comprehensive one? or do I need other updates first?

Thanks,
Lee

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Tom Hunter)
Post #: 57
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 12/27/2012 8:31:26 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

Hello guys...lol

I am re-installing AE after a long hiatus...I installed the original disc install...is this update a comprehensive one? or do I need other updates first?

Thanks,
Lee

IIRC what they released is a comprehensive. Then DO get yourself the latest Beta from the support sub-forum. Yes, it's that good!

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 58
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massiv... - 12/27/2012 8:33:17 PM   
Reg

Hi Les,

Long time no see..... Welcome back.

Jeeze you gotta be quick around here!!

The latest official patch is comprehensive: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/downloads/War.in.the.Pacific.-.Admiral%27s.Edition

There is also a beta (1121a) available in the tech support forum http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185062 which goes over the latest official patch. It is stable and has some nice new features.

Also Andy Mac has posted some beta updates for the official scenarios here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3198064 Once again goes over the official update.

Best of luck...

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Gets a Massive Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI