Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem - 11/23/2002 11:23:15 PM   
Tomanbeg

O Lord, when I went to set up, I saw that the Retreat flags and reinforcement hexes are on the wrong sides. I can flip the map, or you can restart and go first, which might take care of it. My fault, I checked the first game try and it was OK, so I assummed the second would be ok also. Proving yet again why my grandpa was always warning me about assumptions. I don't mind the Reinforcement hexes being behind me, but I hate it when a retreat is actually a frontal assault. It takes me about 15 minutes to flip a map, so it's not a big deal.
T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 31
map flip - 11/23/2002 11:57:59 PM   
TheOverlord

Hi T
I will let you flip the map if you dont mind.
Let me know if you need anything from me.

That is quite a story you posted :)

This should be an interesting battle. As you said, Germany does have the strength in the quality of its toys, but then the old Soviet tactic of out numbering typically reduces the advantage of the superior weapon.

To be honest, I requested C&C off since I have simply never used it and have only a vague concept of how it fits the game. My experience has come from playing with a group of friends for a few years and have just recently joined the forum to look for fresh opponents (It has grown too easy to crush my friends) and to test my mettle against some of the other great generals that must be out there....and from what I read on the forums I have come to the right place.

And the 10% arty limit I think is a carry over from VikingNo2s postings in the game I have started with him. I typically like to play with no limits as it allows for the general's true preference and tactics to come out but that is just one opinion. I will play any game, any side with any rules.

As for my planned tactics.....expect the superiority of the German armor and guns to come into play heavily. The realatively open valley is a wonderful setting for armor. As for the wooded hills and turn based vh's, my approach is remarkable similar to yours....with a few twists.

And that is all I think I would like tell of myself and strategy and let you find out the rest on the field!!

Happy hunting.

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 32
- 11/24/2002 1:51:58 AM   
Tomanbeg

Ok, this one is good to go. I check and the flags are in the right places. I will have to change my plan though, the god of red lines was not kind to me this time, and the stuff I had last time was redlined out. Oh well, fortunes of war. I think we should start a thread in the AAR and DAR section.
T.

Attachment (1)

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 33
- 11/24/2002 2:21:52 AM   
Redleg

I discovered a way to preclude the wrong sided retreat hexes, etc problems that happen in SPWAW.

1. Generate the battle as usual
2. Zip up the purchase but do not sent yet
3. Open the battle and purchase a single unit for your opponent.
4. In deploy, check the retreat, v-hexes, startlines, etc.
5. If all is well, then send the zipped file to your opponent, if it is not, start at step one again.

This takes a few minutes but is a good way to avoid losing all of the time and effort of having to purchase/deploy again.

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 34
- 11/24/2002 2:36:39 AM   
Tomanbeg

Originally posted by Redleg
[B]I discovered a way to preclude the wrong sided retreat hexes, etc problems that happen in SPWAW.

1. Generate the battle as usual
2. Zip up the purchase but do not sent yet
3. Open the battle and purchase a single unit for your opponent.
4. In deploy, check the retreat, v-hexes, startlines, etc.
5. If all is well, then send the zipped file to your opponent, if it is not, start at step one again.

This takes a few minutes but is a good way to avoid losing all of the time and effort of having to purchase/deploy again. [/B]

Yep, that is what I do 99% of the time. But I got lazy, and didn't since I had already used this map and didn't see any problem with it the first time. I've started including the map editor Parameters in the text file that goes with the map files so players can just click on the map and see if the set up will suit their battle. That way if they see Allies first- East, they will know that the map is for Soviet start battles and will have to be flipped for any other type of battle.
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 35
Looking for a fight! - 11/25/2002 5:20:41 AM   
Bernie

I've got slots 11 & 12 open if anyone is interested.

My prefs:

Historic ON
Characteristics ON
C&C OFF
Limited Intel ON
Unit Comm ON
M&F ON
Morale ON
Mines ON (limited to those placed during a game except for assault scenarios)
Limited Ammo ON
Reduced Squads OFF
Both Breakdowns ON

Points 5k-9k

No Air Units of any kind
Arty limit 15% of purchase points (and 15% of reinforcement points)

Will play USA, USMC, Germany, Japan, Brits, Canada, ANZAC, Italy or Soviets against any country you choose.

Time frame early 1943 onward.

Minimum 20 turns and 15 hex visibility

Email me at [email]bwbehling@yahoo.com[/email] with your setup (or I'll create one)

What, me worry?

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 36
- 11/25/2002 6:03:17 AM   
Tomanbeg

Yeh, I'll take a little 'o that. My slot 11 just emptied and I havn't heard from my slot 12 guy in about 2 weeks, so I'm good to go.
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 37
game 9 - 11/25/2002 8:34:37 PM   
TheOverlord

Hi Tomanbeg
Got the game. I will post any further files in the AAR section but will let you know here when to look there...

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 38
- 11/25/2002 10:13:15 PM   
Tomanbeg

Kewl, thanks.
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 39
map issues...again - 11/27/2002 5:41:11 AM   
TheOverlord

Hi T...I need the new switched map......Germany is now on the west but the soviet vh's are there as well....
:eek:

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 40
Re: map issues...again - 11/27/2002 8:35:42 AM   
Tomanbeg

Originally posted by TheOverlord
[B]Hi T...I need the new switched map......Germany is now on the west but the soviet vh's are there as well....
:eek: [/B]

The switched map is in cyberspace somewhere. I never save them after I flip them. I checked the game to make sure the Retreat Flags and the Reinforcement flags are on the correct side. They are. The V-flags should have no 'owners' at this point. and the color of the R&R flag doesn't indicate ownership, but order. First player is blue, second is red. So those red flags you see are yours, not mine. If you want to go first, kewl. I will send you another map.
T.

Attachment (1)

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 41
AAARRRRG! - 11/28/2002 3:23:49 AM   
TheOverlord

Turn order doesnt matter.
If the other map (not th eone you just posted) is ok then lets play with that. I would like to start the game and stop bouncing back and forth!

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 42
Re: AAARRRRG! - 11/28/2002 5:02:25 AM   
Tomanbeg

Originally posted by TheOverlord
[B]Turn order doesnt matter.
If the other map (not th eone you just posted) is ok then lets play with that. I would like to start the game and stop bouncing back and forth! [/B]

Ditto. Are you old enough to remember when the Movies had a sing-a-long section whjere you followed the bouncing ball? I'm starting to Identify with the ball.
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 43
bouncing - 11/28/2002 8:52:48 PM   
TheOverlord

Ah yes, I remember them.
Grew up with them on the kid shows.......

I will go ahead and play the turn today and see if the Germans can locate any Red Turkeys... :)

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 44
- 11/28/2002 10:54:59 PM   
Tomanbeg

Kewl, It might be tonite befroe I get to it. I'm 5 games behind and my 1500 start time for Dinner looks like it's been moved up. I wasn't told "since I was going to be here anyway".
T.

[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 45
turkey day - 11/28/2002 11:09:06 PM   
TheOverlord

No problem on the time delay.....I have my own turkey dinner timing to contend with.

No rush...

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 46
so it begins.... - 11/29/2002 1:28:11 AM   
TheOverlord

I have deployed and posted the game under AAR

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI