Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plimus digitial download - problematic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Plimus digitial download - problematic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plimus digitial download - problematic - 2/16/2012 9:36:04 PM   
laibach

Hi,

I've purchased John Tillers ACW and Napoleonic Series online yesterday and managed to download and install the Napoleonic Series yesterday, albeit slowish (one to one and a half hour). I didn't get round anymore to installing the ACW Series.

Tonight I wanted to download and install the ACW Series. The first go had my pc busy downloading for an hour-an hour and a half, but the biggest problem of all was that, after the file was downloaded it had 'disappeared', not to be found anymore....
So it was back to downloading the file again...but this time round I eventually got a download-time of 4 hours (!) and a downloadspeed of 45-50 Kb/sec ! This was still crawling when I received a message from Plimus that the 24-hour period for the download link had expired and I got new downloadlinks (also for the Napoleonic series).

Being in good faith (that this was the reason for the extremely slow download) I restarted with the new download link.... alas, it is nearly as slow as the previous one, running at 48Kb/sec at this moment !

I can understand that downloads can take a little more time in busy time (here in Europe it is now nearly 22:30, but in the States it is somewhere between afternoon and early evening --> busy time ?), but a download time that gets QUADRUPLED is not done .

As an extra, everytime that I started one of the downloads, I would get a message saying that 'Internet Explorer wasn't functioning anymore' and had to restart the download on Windows' Download screen.

Also, checking my products at the Matrix site, it appeared that only the Napoleonic Series was logged although I had bought the 2 games as a bundle. I thus registered the ACW Series since I had/have time to spare during it's download.

This is all in 1 word : FRUSTRATING

Needless to say that such a poor download performance from the part of Plimus on my first online buy with them is certainly not beneficial in my considerations of eventual future buys with Matrix.

Has anybody had the same or similar problem and found a way 'round' it ?

Regards
Dietrich

Post #: 1
RE: Plimus digitial download - problematic - 2/17/2012 12:16:55 AM   
laibach

.....AND this is what I get to top it off

After an evening of downloading solely the ACW Series (some 6 hours !!!) the file has been downloaded (2 times) but yet again the download file cannot be found on my pc again!!

If this is standard to the 'service' provided by Plimus for digital downloads, this will probably be me first AND last buy in this manner.

Very disgusted greetz
Dietrich

(in reply to laibach)
Post #: 2
RE: Plimus digitial download - problematic - 2/17/2012 7:31:27 PM   
laibach

Please note that at last I managed to get the file downloaded and installed late last night, so problem is solved.

Through this way I would also like to mention that the Matrix and/or Plimus support had reacted within half a working day of my message sent to support, positive things should also be mentioned... Thank you Christian.

Best regards
Dietrich

(in reply to laibach)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Plimus digitial download - problematic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI