Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian Battlefield WW2 Website

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian Battlefield WW2 Website Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian Battlefield WW2 Website - 11/18/2002 12:05:01 AM   
Bing

I know some of us use http://www.battlefield.ru/ on a fairly regular basis. Lately, I have been lucky to have the first page load, over the past two weeks there have been many times it refuses to load at all. Using Goggle search by pasting the URL into the box (an old trick to get reluctant websites to load) simply does not work, neither will their Cached Pages work at all, which is extremely unusual.

Anyone else having same problem? I have refreshed the "Favorite" a couple of times - another reason for slow or unusable URLs - that doesn't help.

For those who don't know the site, it is quite good, with a fine selection of photos and extensive material on Russian AFV's and artillery. Lately a section on the Aerosan - an air sled - was added, with remarkable photos.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post #: 1
- 11/18/2002 5:52:31 PM   
Jacc

[Ready to start a flame war]
There has been some discussion about some photos in RB page (at least in achtungpanzer.com forums). Apparently, some of the data (pen values) and some pictures are based on Soviet WW2 information and propaganda, so they give pen values edited to prove Russian weaponry superior to German (122mm vs. 88mmL71). Some pics are also apparently fake (ww2 propaganda). However, the site is overall good.

Pain is for the weak.

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 2
- 11/19/2002 12:14:49 AM   
Bing

I didn't know about the propaganda element, though it is not surprising. I use the Lorrin Bird and trust Zaloga above all others who have access to official Soviet sources. But then, neither of them have a vested interest in the proceedings either.

I still can't get the site to load. I enjoy the stories and photos - fake photos are othing new, everyone did it during the war. But the responsible historian points it out. On principle, I don't believe most of what I read and see on the Internet - I require solid credentials from the author or creator before such happens. FAS is dependable, so far as I know. But they can repeat errors, same as any other source. You just won't find as many on their website as others, very few I have found.

Like my Daddy used to say: Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Older I get, the more I apreciate what he was saying.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Bing)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Russian Battlefield WW2 Website Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI