Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wurframen 40 bug still exists

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wurframen 40 bug still exists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wurframen 40 bug still exists - 1/17/2001 4:09:00 AM   
Captn_Jack

Playing in a game now where I have attacked and destroyed one of these Death Factories with infantry. Others are stationed on a hill and are Op firing at my advancing forces. The HE shells are landing on my firing unit, but the flame rocket is going elsewhere and attacking the infantry that attacked the 1st Wurframen, which is off to the left of the unit that is firing. So in essence, the Wurframen is attacking 2 different targets with each Op Fire shot. Bad enough having to deal with these coupled to ammo trucks, but to have them firing at 2 different targets is a bit much. CJ

M(1)&M(9)'s...they melt in your tank...not in your hand!
Post #: 1
- 1/17/2001 4:59:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by Captn_Jack: So in essence, the Wurframen is attacking 2 different targets with each Op Fire shot. Bad enough having to deal with these coupled to ammo trucks, but to have them firing at 2 different targets is a bit much.
I've seen something like that, but with Katyushas.

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 2
- 1/17/2001 6:11:00 AM   
Dedas

Had similar problem myself...pretty anoying I would say! ------------------ Glory to the brave

Glory to the brave

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 3
- 1/17/2001 8:56:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Dedas: Had similar problem myself...pretty anoying I would say!
I have had this problem with tanks and infrantry....op firing at a target they had op fired at previously instead of the one shooting at them at the time!! Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited January 16, 2001).]

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 4
- 1/19/2001 1:36:00 AM   
ursus

the Wurframmen 40 has 2 weapons listed in its profile the HE rocket and a Flame rocket. this means it has 2 weapons shooting instead of having 1 weapon with 2 types of ammo. I do not know how it was historacly used or designed, hope this helps though.

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 5
- 1/19/2001 1:53:00 AM   
Captn_Jack

quote:

Originally posted by ursus: the Wurframmen 40 has 2 weapons listed in its profile the HE rocket and a Flame rocket. this means it has 2 weapons shooting instead of having 1 weapon with 2 types of ammo. I do not know how it was historacly used or designed, hope this helps though.
Thats true, but it only has 1 flame rocket to use and it's firing at 2 different targets at the same time, of which only 1 of the targets is firing at it. Now I know these things don't regenerate the flame rocket after each fire or all those ammo trucks wouldn't be parked besides most of them. But there are no ammo trucks with these, so after 1 flamer, that should have been it anyway. CJ

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 6
- 1/19/2001 10:12:00 PM   
Kerg

CAptn...are cryin about my flame rockets again

Field Marshal Kerg, Combat Command Stats-> Games Played = 141, Points/game = 4179, <br />Average Placing = 3.4, W% = 28%, L% = 29%, D% = 44%, Total Points 589,232, Leagues Entered = 10, Top Three Finish % = 80

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 7
- 1/20/2001 12:52:00 AM   
Warrior

Consider yourself lucky. Every time I use the Wolfies, the flame rocket wipes out one of my units!

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 8
- 1/20/2001 1:27:00 AM   
Captn_Jack

quote:

Originally posted by Kerg: CAptn...are cryin about my flame rockets again
LOL...I never cry about them, it's usually the German with tears in his eyes when his ammo trucks and dumps go BOOM! I consider them easy points as once fired, they are easy to id...then you got to move em or lose em. Either way, they aren't doing much harm. These were in another game, stationed in defense position around the rear vhexes. Infantry spotted them, I moved a tank up for a long shot. Fired once, it op fired back at the tank with HE round. At the same time, a flame ball struck a rifle squad that destroyed another one off to the left of this one. The tank fired again, op fire returned another round of HE at the tank and another flamer at the squad. Tank fired again, op fire again returned HE and a 3rd flamer at the squad. Has to be a bug. But it has got me thinking...If I infiltrate some Rangers, find Kergs flame factories, have them op fire at me...I should be able to flame some of his own forces with his Wurframens! Fraticide! Wouldn't that be special? It's a whole new tactic, finding the right angle to attack from so the flame rockets fly just right. CJ

(in reply to Captn_Jack)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wurframen 40 bug still exists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI