Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Racial Tech question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Racial Tech question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Racial Tech question - 3/28/2012 4:15:39 AM   
chrisianak15

Please fogive me if this is answered somewhere else, I looked but couldn't find it. When you are at war with an empire and have them against the ropes, can you force them to give you their special technology as payment for peace? I ask because I am playing a game as the securans (modded to start on continintal planets, those desert starts are murder) and I am pinned against rhe edge of the galaxy by the Dhayuts and Ikkuros. My relashionship with the ikurro is slowly improving so I might be able to get their tech the peaceful way, but the dhayuts are starting to covet my resources because I have colonies on both side of their empire and our homeworld spheres touch. I am confident I can get them against the wall if war occurs, but want to know if it will cost me the chance at their tech. My only agent is great at sabatoge, but no espionage skill, so that route is closed.

< Message edited by chrisianak15 -- 3/28/2012 5:33:14 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Racial Tech question - 3/28/2012 8:18:45 AM   
onomastikon

I have never had any success getting anything of serious worth by enemies I have against the ropes. Most of them seem rather eager to die rather than give me their special tech.

(in reply to chrisianak15)
Post #: 2
RE: Racial Tech question - 3/28/2012 4:15:20 PM   
chrisianak15

Darn, may not be able to get more than one level of it then. Thanks. Will just try to make peace and give them a boatload of tech right as my troops are about to land on their last planet

< Message edited by chrisianak15 -- 3/28/2012 4:16:45 PM >

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Racial Tech question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI