Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

scenario/update wierdness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> scenario/update wierdness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
scenario/update wierdness - 11/23/2002 6:44:46 AM   
slammer

Hi Folks

I recently did a fresh install of desert fox camp for spwaw which contains version 5.0 of the game. I ran the updates bringing the game to 7.1

I started running the tutorials. The basic and the artillery
scenario tutorials. I see some bizzare behavior. One example is in the artillery scenario. There are two M3 command cars. You can head east on the main road or head North. If you try to go south the car may move a few hexes then will not longer move any further south ( plenty of moves left)! You can go back north but no south.

Perhaps this is due to the game being at 7.1? These scenario's
are oldies. Do I have to run only 7.1 capable scenario's or is something else going on. I have not tryed running any other scenario's yet. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
- 11/23/2002 7:28:27 AM   
Supervisor

Let me know what hex's they are currently in. Then I will try do some troubleshooting. Most sceanrios work with 7.1 that were created on older versions. There are some that can prove troublesome but most should work without a problem. You may see something odd like an improper icon with all the origianl charecteristics of the origianl unit. For any other concerns or problems may I suggest the SPWAW forum itself. Within it you'll find most of the answer to very common question and or concerns, plus link to many great scenarios and campaigns desinged for later versions of SPWAW.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 2
Update - 11/23/2002 7:35:30 AM   
Supervisor

I'm running my command cars all over the map on all roads without a problem. Check your preferences and make sure Command and Control is off. If it is, try this exit out of the game, delete the following files C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World at War\save\steel.prf and holder.txt(if you have one). Then restart the game and adjust your preferences to your liking but try it with Command and Control off. Your SPWAW start menu does say v7.1 correct. Sometimes people update to 7.1 and it doesn't take leaving them to believe they've updated properly when they haven't.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 3
- 11/23/2002 11:33:07 AM   
slammer

gmenfan

Thanks for the reply. I do see 7.1 and I also have command and control off. I also deleted those files but get the same results.

I tried some other scenarios and most vehicles will go anywhere while some will refuse to move in a certain direction. I also started a scenario which showed the battlefield briefly then I found myself back in the scenario selection screen.

This sounds like some corrupt file, bad install etc. I think I might start with a fresh install but before applying the next update make sure the version I have currently loaded works like it should.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 4
update - 11/24/2002 10:54:12 PM   
slammer

gmenfan

If you get a chance can you do me a favor at your own convenience. The reason I am asking is before I download the
complete 7.1 version( I have only a 56K connection) I want to make sure that I indeed have a problem.

Again I am using my 7.1 version updated from 5.01. I am running tutorial #2 artillery.

1. Move C0 which is an FO jeep down the main road to hex 44,19.
End turn, out of moves.
2. Next turn jeep continues down the road to hex 56,17.
Take a right turn and go to hex 56,25.

Did step 2 work? Can you go straight down the road from 56,17 to 56,25?

Thanks in advance. If you don't have the time for this no problem.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> scenario/update wierdness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI