Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Navy cheat - small bug.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> AI Navy cheat - small bug. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/7/2012 8:41:41 AM   
Petiloup

Well on the fun side I noticed that the AI was authorized to repair it's ships at see.

This is the remnant of the Kriegsmarine after it's suicide run to the British colonies.

One last cruiser was being chased by my 6 CV's and it took weeks to sink it and I see why now.

End of one turn it has 1 hit left, see SS

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/7/2012 8:42:43 AM   
Petiloup

Start of the next turn it has 2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 2
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/7/2012 3:49:37 PM   
shermanwar

I have a question sort of related to this. I can not seem to get Axis ships to enter the zones of the British Colonies. They can get right to the edge but dont seem to be able to sail into those zones. They are NOT occupied and even if I get the ship their and wait a turn for movement points to return. Can some one explain?

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 3
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/7/2012 6:29:01 PM   
Razz1

Yes, the AI can repair ships at sea. In fact it is normal for vessels to repair at sea, although only a small amount.

(in reply to shermanwar)
Post #: 4
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 1:48:29 AM   
Petiloup

If normal why is this prevented to be done by an human player???

Then if only by a small amount can you guarantee that the AI will not repair 1 hit per turn till the ship is fully repaired? I would bet anything that you can't and the AI will do it.

In that case I call it an AI cheat based on no reality.

At last 1 week repair at sea under combat condition is ludicrous. The only case I know of such fast repair at sea (not under combat condition being chased by 6 CV's and their Battle Group complement) was with the Yorktown before the battle of Midway.

Discounting Damage Control, which was just that damage control, ships needed dry docks to get any extensive repairs done.

At last depending on the amount of damage it could take months to repair a BB from a mine explosion or even a torpedo hit not merely a few weeks like in this game to recover from 1 hit to full capacity. If we imagine that 1 hit left on 8 means the BB is practically crippled and close to sinking it can't be repaired in 7 weeks.

- Read the Battle of Tarento and you'll see it took MONTHS for the Italians to repair their BB after the attack.

- Just read about Pearl Harbor and see that it took one month to repair 2 bombs hit and for a quite severe damage it took almost 10 months to return a ship to fighting condition (Nevada: six bombs, one torpedo, beached; returned to service October 1942. Tennessee: two bombs; returned to service February 1942.)

So I do understand and agree to the shortcut but allowing the AI to repair at sea more than 1 hit till it enter a dry dock is not normal. And it should be allowed for the first hit only and nothing more. This should also be allowed for any player.

That I could respect and agree with.

< Message edited by Polonthi -- 4/8/2012 2:02:57 AM >

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 5
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 2:05:33 AM   
Petiloup

By the way it would also be nice to reduce ships speed depending on their level of damage.

Like 50% damage is less one sea zone and 1 hit left is reduced to 1 sea zone per turn (indicating some towing needed or at least serious help).

That would put more pressure to send back damage ships to port early instead of at the last straw and face enemy ships rushing from everywhere to finish it.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 6
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 2:52:15 AM   
Razz1

Remember... this is a game. I can guarantee the AI will not repair every turn.

There is only a small chance.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 7
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 3:04:58 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Remember... this is a game. I can guarantee the AI will not repair every turn.

There is only a small chance.

Well it shouldn't but I understand your point.

I might have had such high hopes for this game that I'm not impartial.

Anyway it explains why it took me one year to destroy the Russian Navy in the Baltic after the loss of Leningrad.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 8
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 3:16:05 AM   
Razz1

Have you tried reading this guide?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978875

Re-reading the rule 3 times helps as there is a way to accomplish your task much easier.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 9
RE: AI Navy cheat - small bug. - 4/8/2012 3:31:45 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Have you tried reading this guide?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978875

Re-reading the rule 3 times helps as there is a way to accomplish your task much easier.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Razz and congrats on taking the time to do this for your fellow players, very thoughtful.

Usually I prefer to learn a game myself as against the AI it's the only way I get beaten up at first when still learning the best way to do things. That's how I have my fix playing Wargames on a computer as I can't play them on Boardgames anymore.

Indeed I already placed some TAC bombers near the borders of sea-zones in Lybia/Egypt and on Malta to help destroy the Italian Navy. Then will use my CV's to Air Strike every turn as well.

Didn't use much the Carrier Air Recon so far but might be a good help, not sure but will try.

Thanks for the tip.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> AI Navy cheat - small bug. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI