Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Only PROBLEMS since new patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Only PROBLEMS since new patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Only PROBLEMS since new patch - 4/12/2012 4:08:10 PM   
bOrIuM

We just started a new game under 1.08.07. Since we started, I needed to do at least 3 backup (didnt do a full turn yet !!) and now even the backups arent working !!! when I load a backup of a different country, it says "cannot open file eianwstpsmap.bmp" And makes the game crash, then I get the poppup than the game cant find the Definition ! I even erased the game and reinstalled from scratch..

wow.. starting to hate this FULL OF BUGS game :( 60$.. I can have a much really nicer game for that price, a big title like Mass Effect.
Post #: 1
RE: Only PROBLEMS since new patch - 4/12/2012 5:58:52 PM   
pzgndr

From about a month ago:
quote:

ORIGINAL: alex_van_d
I started playing a PBEM gaming which is working quite well.

I can only wonder why pbem seems to be working fine for many but not for others? Not much to say about the remaining game bugs but at least pbem should be working smoothly now.

A couple of troubleshooting questions: 1) Have all players reinstalled the game from scratch and updated with the comprehensive standalone v1.08.07 patch or are there any differences? 2) Has anyone updated their game with battle files still in the \Battles directory?

I don't doubt that your pbem group is having some problems, but perhaps some more details will help. Folks from The Generals HQ might be able to offer some suggestions since they seem to be doing OK. There may be some tips to help ensure smooth pbem file transfers and these could be added to the manual in the next update.

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 2
RE: Only PROBLEMS since new patch - 4/23/2012 11:19:43 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

From about a month ago:
quote:

ORIGINAL: alex_van_d
I started playing a PBEM gaming which is working quite well.

I can only wonder why pbem seems to be working fine for many but not for others? Not much to say about the remaining game bugs but at least pbem should be working smoothly now.

A couple of troubleshooting questions: 1) Have all players reinstalled the game from scratch and updated with the comprehensive standalone v1.08.07 patch or are there any differences? 2) Has anyone updated their game with battle files still in the \Battles directory?

I don't doubt that your pbem group is having some problems, but perhaps some more details will help. Folks from The Generals HQ might be able to offer some suggestions since they seem to be doing OK. There may be some tips to help ensure smooth pbem file transfers and these could be added to the manual in the next update.

What you have suggested is the only way to go.............where going great guns

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Only PROBLEMS since new patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI