Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 4:32:04 PM   
millersan

New player in first game ever. PBEM, I'm Jap and it's 5/42.
I've seen the info on the forum shown as "Emergency Reinforcements" and it covers the trigger hexes for East Australia. Question is...does anyone know the trigger hex for west coast Australia? How far south can you go? I'd hate to step over the line and not know it.
A couple of other questions.......
1. Seems like the home islands can run short of supply pts or am I missing something?
2. We're playing historical with PDU off so has anyone done a spreadsheet showing the upgrade paths for all on map groups + first year reinf? I just noticed there is no group on the map that uses the first generation Helen!

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 4:46:44 PM   
USSAmerica

The trigger hexes in Australia are an entire horizontal row of hexes. Which ever hex is mentioned for East Australia, follow that row all the way west. I believe it ends up off of the South coast of Australia in the West.

Need to defer to Japanese players for the other questions.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to millersan)
Post #: 2
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 5:00:27 PM   
millersan

Thanks! That puts the trigger hex just two north of Adelaide. Interesting.......

(in reply to millersan)
Post #: 3
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 5:52:01 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

My calculations (which are not guaranteed) show that the 3 linked home islands can produce ~20k supply daily. To do that they need input of roughly 80k resource, 8k oil, and 4k fuel. The oil will allow the refineries (unexpanded) to operate at full capacity, but the additional fuel is needed to meet the input requirement for heavy industry (using unexpanded start values, AND assuming refineries are operating at 100%). Most (~75%) of the resource deficit can come from Hokkaido and China. The oil will have to be shipped in from the SRA.

Supply can be increased by expanding light industry and, to a lesser extent, heavy industry. The latter will need to be expanded to build more planes (or vehicles, artillery, etc). Whether it makes sense to expand light industry is debatable. I would consider it only after a significant number of additional resource centers are captured.

You may also have noticed that Sonia light bombers are scheduled to upgrade to a "b" model, but there is no "b" model in R&D.

(in reply to millersan)
Post #: 4
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 8:16:32 PM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: millersan

2. We're playing historical with PDU off so has anyone done a spreadsheet showing the upgrade paths for all on map groups + first year reinf? I just noticed there is no group on the map that uses the first generation Helen!

One group does use first Helen model. I believe it's 61st sentai.

(in reply to millersan)
Post #: 5
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/27/2012 8:59:14 PM   
dr.hal

It seems so much more straight forward to play the allies!

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 6
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/28/2012 1:04:58 AM   
larryfulkerson

I found this upgrade path image in a fabulous AAR that Mike Solli is doing......maybe it might be helpful. Many thanks to the original author of this image by the way. I don't remember names anymore.

Here's the link to the AAR:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959613

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 7
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/28/2012 1:10:50 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal
It seems so much more straight forward to play the allies!

It was suggested to me that I play against the Jap AI when I first bought WITP-AE and I'm really really glad I did now that I know now what I know now. Playing the Allies against the JAP AI allowed me to get a handle on the game mechanics and how to maneuver in the various screens etc........plus I knew the names of most of the bases right off the bat from my study of military history over the years. And I didn't have to do anything extravagant with the industry side of things.

Now I'm playing the JAP side in a PBEM where the industry side of things is important and is a multi-facited jewel. It's got so many different ramifications and issues to handle I'm pretty sure I would have put this game on the shelf as unplayable if I had to tackle it right out of the box as the first game. But I'm loving it and learning stuff all the time. This is the wargame I've been waiting to play all my life. And I'm 62 years old.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 8
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/28/2012 1:16:59 AM   
Hanzberger

Check out my wire chart inspired by Mike......below...

Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 9
RE: Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 - 4/28/2012 10:12:19 PM   
millersan

Indeed the 61st does upgrade from Sally1c to Helen1A. I missed that............thanks. Guess I'll go ahead and do it as I've built about 25 but Sally has a little better range and same load (4x250kg). Won't hurt to have some extra 1c's for replacements as I did stop building those.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Counter Invasion Forces 8.3.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI