Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. - 5/19/2012 2:55:11 PM   
major.pain

I thought i was getting better at this, apart from the Monsters torture which i have not beat yet adn skipped past i have been trying the Mzensk pocket scenario and getting run off the board. It goes reasonabley well at the beginning, i dig in a few troops in and around the village, position my AT guns and get few kills off the Russians initial attacks while on the east of the map i advance my tanks and try to push my flak and AT guns up into the woods ect so they can support my tanks puddhing along the top,i dont lose too much when the Russian arty falls while doing this.
Then the Russian T34s and KV1s appear on the east of the map and melt my armor while the mortors on the hill in the centre start picking off at will my defender covering the outskirts to the village to the west.
Is this going to be Monsters part 2 ?
Post #: 1
RE: Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. - 5/19/2012 3:24:49 PM   
Krupinski

quote:

Is this going to be Monsters part 2 ?

Not really. It's definitely easier. The key is your 88. It needs a good spot. And not to forget about the PzIIIh (its h i think).

So far "Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket" is a really good scenario.

(in reply to major.pain)
Post #: 2
RE: Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. - 5/20/2012 8:35:47 AM   
major.pain

Having a bit more success with this one now after a few more playthroughs and re-reading the board game manual and finding that infantry in a heavy woods hex dint recieve there +2 DM bonus from mortor and arty fire, as well as infantry sharing a hex with armor or APC recieve a +1 DM.
I try and keep all my tanks pushing along either the top or the bottom now towards the west with my 88 covering there advance from the Russian reinforcments rather than dividing my tanks to push.

(in reply to Krupinski)
Post #: 3
RE: Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. - 5/31/2013 8:42:39 PM   
Handyman777

I just discovered an important shortcut. Highlight a hex; click "L"; you can see the line of sight from that hex. This is critical in positioning your 88.

(in reply to major.pain)
Post #: 4
RE: Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. - 5/31/2013 8:50:18 PM   
Handyman777

If you gather your armor on the top/bottom of map, how do you cover the 3 supply wagons? By the way, do the wagons score 2 points each when they get to Mzensk?

Scenario seems very tough, maybe imbalanced. Germans have to face hordes of Russians. Russian KV-1 and T34's superior to anything the Germans have.

(in reply to major.pain)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Breakthrough to the Mzensk pocket. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI