Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where's the manual?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Where's the manual? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where's the manual? - 5/23/2012 12:59:13 AM   
rockymc

ok I'm not going to go on about why a game of this complexity was released without a manual, but instead ask where can I find the basic instructions on how to play/control the game? The so-called "Tactics manual" is a joke, and learning 134 keyboard commands is not my cup of tea.

For a start - how do you control the 3d overview camera? It just flys all over the place and I can't get it to focus on one unit.

How do you get rid of the tactical/strategic screens to get on with playing the game?

If I ask units to move why does nothing happen or they move incredibly slowly?

etc etc etc

Are there any Matrix games that are playable or are they all like this???? Actually I seem to remember some of their old games were crap as well

Post #: 1
RE: Where's the manual? - 5/23/2012 2:46:25 AM   
budd

know how you feel. All i can say is i had the same reaction at first, tried the demo of Kharkov and after trying i uninstalled in frustration. It does require alot of patience and time. I just purchased opstar myself and haven't really played it,but have been playing kharkov which i ended up buying which led me to buy opstar. One thing they did right was to at least add tooltips. What i did was play an op and not really worry about anything but learning the UI and moving stuff and seeing what buttons do.I realized i picked it up quicker than i thought i would. Stick with it, there is a really fun game in there once your learn your way around.....but your right not having a decent manual sucks ......hang in there...good luck.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to rockymc)
Post #: 2
RE: Where's the manual? - 5/23/2012 3:33:20 AM   
bairdlander2

Can some veteran players post a sticky or some similiar posts with better explanation of ui?

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 3
RE: Where's the manual? - 5/23/2012 10:48:24 AM   
TableTop66

HI! rockymc, most new owners of this game are struggling with the UI.

The Developers GraviTeam are working on a new UI which will probably be incorporated in a upcoming Patch.

One would assume that The new UI will mean a rewrite of the current manual, so hopefully we will see

an improvement in this regard.

There are new add on maps to be released by matrix and I believe some yet to be revealed maps in development.

They will probably all get Patches at different stages to help improve the game.

APOS is a rough Gem that needs a polish, But GraviTeam and Matrix are Listening.

Remember rockymc theirs no rush to learn a new game, take your time too experiment with the game and as

budd has said "hang in there".

Theirs only a few videos on YOUTUBE which aren't much of a help at the moment regards game play guides.

But this may or may not help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGKAQ-qCCE&feature=related

Cheers

Jimbo

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Where's the manual? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI