Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Helping the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Helping the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 10:15:57 AM   
Yaab

I have a recurring problem in my Allied restarts against the Japanese AI, namely after a successful Jap strike on PH, the next day KB attacks PH again. The KB is sailing west and Jap strike is at extended range. My CAP easily shoots down around 25 elite Jap bombers and I suffer no hits on the ships.
This sucks for an extened challenge against the AI in the long run.

So I replay the turn from my last save from Dec 7, and the turn resolution is disastrorus for the Japs again. I then try the following:

- turning off the computer, rebooting and loading the last turn's save again and processing the 8 Dec turn again - same result, Japs get plastered over PH

- turning off the computer, rebooting and loading the last turn's save again, making some changes on map, saving the game in a new save slot and then processing the 8 Dec turn again - - same result, Japs get plastered over PH

How do I enable different turn moves for Jap AI in this situation?

< Message edited by Yaab -- 7/1/2012 10:22:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 10:43:43 AM   
Andy Mac

you cant by turn 2 on that save only way is to stand down some of your CAP form all ships into a TF and let Japan get a free hack

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 2
RE: Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 10:45:30 AM   
pmelheck1

The AI is randomized I believe when you start a game. If you start then save run a turn, load and run the turn again your run the same script. Also on Dec 8th Pearl is alerted and will put up a much better defense than they did on Dec 7 so I would expect to loose more aircraft same with all other attacks occurring that day.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 11:10:59 AM   
Yaab

Too bad, I spent so much time setting up my turn on December 8 just to see this suicidal AI behaviour.

Will the AI replenish the losses ( 30 Kates shot down, pilots probably dead) easily or I just hurt AI's long-term viability?

I will probably re-run the turn and put Pearl's CAP at 30% to mimic the shock and awe or whatever.

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 4
RE: Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 1:35:40 PM   
PaxMondo

Run the turn on VH, that will help the AI results.

You don't mention which scen you are playing. If stock GC, then you need to run on at least HARD for the AI to work well, and VH 2 - 3 days/month. If you are playing Ironman, then normal is ok, with Hard 2 - 3 days/month.

Pax

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 5
RE: Helping the AI - 7/1/2012 2:34:25 PM   
Yaab

DaBigBabes A, normal difficulty.

I have re-run the turn four times. I used the last save from the first turn. Results:
1 and 2 - AI still attacks PH
3 - attack split between Lihue and PH
4 - no attack on PH

So, the turn orders can be somewhat different but I don't know why they change. Is it weather or leader rolls? Anyway, my problem went away and AI's Kido Butai and its pilots are intact. Now, to war! Golden Gate in '48!

Thanks!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 6
RE: Helping the AI - 7/2/2012 2:06:15 AM   
PaulvonHindenburg

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 7
RE: Helping the AI - 7/2/2012 6:18:05 PM   
Lcp Purcell

The AI is not very good on attack, I am running my first game as Japan, and I sank the bulk of the American troop transports (loaded) plus a ton of other stuff as it tried to retake Guadalcanal. I can't imagine a real player starting a month-long piecemeal amphibious assault while the KB is off the northeast coast of Australia shooting up transports. And I have swarms of Bettie's out of Rabule

(in reply to PaulvonHindenburg)
Post #: 8
RE: Helping the AI - 7/2/2012 6:31:17 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

you cant by turn 2 on that save only way is to stand down some of your CAP form all ships into a TF and let Japan get a free hack

what about editing Nagumo's TF before starting the scenario and setting the Range to normal?

will the AI reset it on Turn 2?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
RE: Helping the AI - 7/3/2012 1:10:46 PM   
michaelm75au

The AI is mainly controlled by the script files for the scenario - aeiXXX.dat where xxx is the slot number. There can be extra AI files that are named aeiXXX-99.dat which are randomly selected on scenario start.

Michael

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 10
RE: Helping the AI - 7/3/2012 2:02:59 PM   
rwolan@sbcglobal.net

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I have re-run the turn four times. I used the last save from the first turn. Results:
4 - no attack on PH

So, the turn orders can be somewhat different but I don't know why they change. Is it weather or leader rolls? Anyway, my problem went away and AI's Kido Butai and its pilots are intact. Now, to war! Golden Gate in '48!

Thanks!

I just loaded the DaBigBabes yesterday for the first and noticed that it was stated that the AI does not function well using the mod.

I have to installs of the game. One for AI play with stock files and the other with DaBigbabes mod's for PBEM.

NicoDemon

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 11
RE: Helping the AI - 7/4/2012 4:58:18 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwolan@sbcglobal.net

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

4 - no attack on PH

Thanks!

I just loaded the DaBigBabes yesterday for the first and noticed that it was stated that the AI does not function well using the mod.

I have to installs of the game. One for AI play with stock files and the other with DaBigbabes mod's for PBEM.

Correct ... You are attempting to play a PBEM game with the AI. I know someone was working on the AI for DBB, but I'm not aware that it is done. You need to play Babes lite to have the AI work. Refer the DBB website for more details.

Pax

(in reply to rwolan@sbcglobal.net)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Helping the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI