Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 2:54:13 AM   
guytipton41

Hi Folks,

My estimated opponent landed a Recon Regiment between Esperance and Ceduna which then headed off to mess with the rail lines. Currently 3 IJA divisions (5th, 21st, 33rd) are besieging Kalgoorlie (4th AUS plus 1/2 div of armor) so supply is somewhat important. I bombed the heck out of the Recon Rgmt for a couple of days and it disappeared and I thought that maybe he'd pulled it out. Then I couldn't rail. So the B-17s went out on recon missions to various hexes on the RR (1). Then I tried naval recon to find the unit. Now I know that the B-17s have lousy recon and naval search skills but I'm pretty short on long range recon. So other than sending a armor unit to scout the RR and shipping a real recon unit over is there anything I can do to find this pesky recon regiment?

Cheers,
Guy

(1) I think they reconned, however after the combat replay it showed the destination as commanders choice.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 3:14:56 AM   
crsutton

Not really. In tough terrain (jungle) you will need a dedicated recon unit targeting the specific hex. You can use other aircraft but it might take multiple days of searching before the unit is spotted. Was the unit dropped by air? Most games use house rules that do not allow air drops at any point but a base or dot hex. Because this is too easy to exploit.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 8:38:55 AM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Not really. In tough terrain (jungle) you will need a dedicated recon unit targeting the specific hex. You can use other aircraft but it might take multiple days of searching before the unit is spotted. Was the unit dropped by air? Most games use house rules that do not allow air drops at any point but a base or dot hex. Because this is too easy to exploit.

I've heard many people mention that they can get paradrops on non-base, non-dot hexes. How do you guys get the game to allow it. Every time I try, the game doesn't let me. I'd like to know, because it should be possible to do so. Just look at the paradrops on D-Day. They landed out in the countryside far from any bases.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 9:34:38 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

I dont recall any jungle between Kalgoorlie and Ceduna. In fact this is the Nullabor Plain, which in Latin means "Treeless"

Try running a fragment up the track in strat mode, see if anything stops it.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 10:12:35 AM   
DivePac88

Just hit the W button, and you will be able to see who controls which hexes on the map.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 6:07:28 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I've heard many people mention that they can get paradrops on non-base, non-dot hexes. How do you guys get the game to allow it. Every time I try, the game doesn't let me. I'd like to know, because it should be possible to do so. Just look at the paradrops on D-Day. They landed out in the countryside far from any bases.

Are you certain you're using para capable units? Just because you can load them on planes doesn't mean they'll jump out.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 6:23:44 PM   
Canoerebel

AE version of Recon by Fire:  If you click the button to set one of your bomber squadrons to fly against what seems to be a vacant hex and the squadron accepts the orders, that means the hex is occupied by an enemy unit (had the hex truly been vacant, the "orders" wouldn't stick - IE, your "click" of the button wouldn't work). 

P.S.  Caveat A:  I don't think I explained this particulary well.  Caveat B:  This was still working the last time I tried it a few months ago; I'm assuming it still does and don't have any reason to beleive there were code changes that would affect this.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks - 7/3/2012 6:41:36 PM   
rwolan@sbcglobal.net

Found em!

Attachment (1)

NicoDemon

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Can't see rgmt tearing up my tracks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI