Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: China!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: China! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: China! - 10/13/2012 5:15:45 AM   
DOCUP

I believe you can withdraw from Vancover and her damage dosen't matter.  You either get her back in that same state or she is late due to the repair time, one or the other.  So take her to Vancover and send her home damaged.

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 241
RE: China! - 10/14/2012 9:28:57 PM   
Q-Ball

July 8, 1942

China:

Another bloody river crossing in China, this one in the North, near Tienshui. The attack was 1-4, and resulted in over 500 disabled IJA squads. That's pretty much 1 1/2 divisions trashed! He did get across though, so GJ can begin the long process of wearing my guys down.

This is the next stage: We need to keep him off the central plains. Once he breaks out outer crust, that will be it for China, after a long seige of Chungking.

Northern Oz:

There are some large convoys at Broome, and I received an intel report of an SNLF unit prepping for Port Hedland.....I wonder if a move is coming.

I have occupied Exmouth in force, and intend to build it into a major submarine base.

Sub Wars:

Speaking of sub wars, Greyjoy has expressed frustration/compliment on the sub wars. Not sure how well I'm doing, but I need to make some adjustments.

Greyjoy has mined the bases around Singapore, as well as Merak, making those areas impassible to subs. Clever! this also means Colombo really isn't much of a sub base now, because subs have to transit around the SE coast of Java, which is a long trip.

So, I am moving most of my SRA forces to Exmouth/Perth. Midway is the primary base for subs sent around Japan, and Brisbane is the primary base for subs sent to SW Pac.

I set my subs to React-1, and a triangle patrol. The points are further apart in areas where I expect more airsearch. I am trying to note those patrols that result in several attacks and spent torps, and doubling down on those, and cancelling other areas. I am starting to get a good picture of traffic patterns, and I hope to keep doing that going forward.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 242
RE: China! - 10/14/2012 9:34:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Speaking of sub wars, Greyjoy has expressed frustration/compliment on the sub wars. Not sure how well I'm doing, but I need to make some adjustments.

Aren't you guys playing a DaBabes mod? My understanding is that many aspects of ASW and submarine efficacy have been muted further beyond the regular scenarios.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 243
RE: China! - 10/14/2012 9:50:03 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Aren't you guys playing a DaBabes mod? My understanding is that many aspects of ASW and submarine efficacy have been muted further beyond the regular scenarios.

Could you explain? I'm playing DBB and I just had a CV torpedoed one day and a BB the next day. ASW feels like what I think it's supposed to be like (up to November '42).

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 244
RE: China! - 10/14/2012 10:33:16 PM   
Chickenboy

I've heard from players playing a DaBabes mod (don't know if it's the same one you're playing under) that intentionally 'addressed' the ASW aspect of the game. Players playing this mod have suggested that ASW is notably muted for both sides.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 245
RE: China! - 10/15/2012 12:02:45 AM   
Q-Ball

quote:

I've heard from players playing a DaBabes mod (don't know if it's the same one you're playing under) that intentionally 'addressed' the ASW aspect of the game. Players playing this mod have suggested that ASW is notably muted for both sides.

There is no question that ASW is muted. I haven't lost a single sub to DC's, though several have been damaged. I have only sunk 1 sub via DC for sure, with one or two maybes. That's a low total both sides compared to stock. I like the change actually.

The #1 killer of subs on both sides is mines

Sub attacks are NOT muted; they work just fine, even better with less resistance

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 10/15/2012 12:03:48 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 246
RE: China! - 10/15/2012 1:49:27 AM   
witpqs

quote:

How does this look for early November '42?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 247
RE: China! - 10/15/2012 4:17:51 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

There is no question that ASW is muted.

Thanks for confirming this, Q-ball.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 248
RE: China! - 10/15/2012 4:49:14 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

There is no question that ASW is muted. I haven't lost a single sub to DC's, though several have been damaged. I have only sunk 1 sub via DC for sure, with one or two maybes. That's a low total both sides compared to stock. I like the change actually.

The #1 killer of subs on both sides is mines

Sub attacks are NOT muted; they work just fine, even better with less resistance

Just curious - your ASW TFs - do you swap for leaders with a higher Naval rating or do you just run with stock leaders?

- Mike

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 249
RE: China! - 10/16/2012 3:20:15 AM   
Q-Ball

witps's kills totals look pretty good. I will admit, I am not aggresively using ASW TFs, and I am definitely not selecting leaders. I just don't see alot of Japanese subs, so I haven't bothered alot with ASW. Maybe that's a mistake.

I do think that the sub wars in WITP-AE need to be bloodier for the Japanese in terms of losses, so I think the DDB is a step in that direction. I am driving my subs more aggresively than stock; I would never go into shallow water in stock, and I do in DDB. To add to the realism, Greyjoy has gotten some good sub hits on warships, just like the real IJN. He has sunk hardly any merchants, but so far has taken down 2 BB, 1 CL, 2 DD, and basically sank FORMIDABLE.

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 250
RE: China! - 10/26/2012 10:28:46 AM   
PaxMondo

OK, how about an update?

Pax

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 251
RE: China! - 10/26/2012 6:23:18 PM   
Q-Ball

July 27, 1942

OK, quick update, I'll probably include a map a little later. I haven't posted in EONS, partly because the game is moving slower, and the turns we are doing, not much is going on.

China: An attack at Chuikiang was repulsed, but he dropped the forts. Though that's 2 victories for me in that hex now, each combat he gets closer to tipping me over. I can't rebuild the fort, and I can't rebuild disabled squads either, because we are so low on supplies. So, this is an ominous sign, because it's a train I can't stop.

Greyjoy is doing a good job rotating units, and I think he'll be able to break through in a month or so. After that, we will fight in the rough terrain in front of Chungking, before the inevitable siege of Chungking itself.

I am surprised he hasn't bombed Tsuyung or Kunming, the landing strips I need for the Hump supply operation. We are flying in alot of supplies now (not enough, but a good chunk). Don't give GJ any bright ideas!!!

Australia:

GJ landed at Port Hedland, and cleared the base easy, with 2 SNLF units. Meanwhile, I am turning Exmouth into a major base, expanding the port and airstrip with lots of engineers. I have put an AS and ARD there to support Sub Ops, as it's the closest base I own to the SRA.

I am prepping 7th Australian Division for Port Hedland; the Australian Corps is being moved from India, where I don't need it anymore, to Australia for operations along the coast.

I am thinking long-term of a possible landing at Koepang, we'll see.....

D-Day Approaching:

I am putting together a smash-n-grab of a particular atoll. What is a smash and grab? Well, basically timing everything so I can expose my shipping only a handful of days. Here is the schedule:

Day 1: 10 hexes from target; TFs probably spotted
Day 2: Stop 2 hexes from target; bombard with BBs
Day 3: Land on target and take it
Day 4: Load-up invading infantry and RUN out of there
Day 5: Unload base troops and occupation forces

So, I want to be gone in 5 days. This target is 4 days from Truk, so may or may not have action, we'll see. Of course, I am bringing all 7 CVs in the Pacific (the USN plus ILLUSTRIOUS)

HMS FORMIDABLE: She is docked in Seattle. Withdrawl is 34 days, and she has 150 days of damage! I don't need her fully repaired, but I think I'm not going to get it down enough to withdraw in time. I should have sailed her to Japan!!!!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 252
RE: China! - 10/26/2012 6:29:40 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

How does this look for early November '42?

Depressing?

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 253
RE: China! - 10/26/2012 6:37:33 PM   
Canoerebel

Re: Formidable, I was persuaded by the sense in the argument about sailing her "into ruin." However, I think your course of action smacks of honor and high ideals that will stand you in good stead in the long term. IE, no bad karma + you can look yourself in the mirror in the morning. (In contrast, imagine what GJ sees when he looks in the mirror, beginning with a crazy penguin....)

(in reply to SqzMyLemon)
Post #: 254
RE: China! - 10/26/2012 7:58:20 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Re: Formidable, I was persuaded by the sense in the argument about sailing her "into ruin." However, I think your course of action smacks of honor and high ideals that will stand you in good stead in the long term. IE, no bad karma + you can look yourself in the mirror in the morning. (In contrast, imagine what GJ sees when he looks in the mirror, beginning with a crazy penguin....)

I guess so, I'll have to remember that as PPs bleed away at 65 per turn; that's the price of honor. Hopefully she gets to 50% damage quick, we'll see, but I predict some PP losses, at least 4000 points

Aug 1, 1942:

Manila Falls:

Manila falls to a Deliberate attack by 4 IJA divisions. This was the 2nd attack, the first was a few days ago.

The forces in Manila ran out of supplies a long time ago. The only unit with any supplies left was the USAFFE HQ; typical, Generals always eat first!

Anyway, the only consequence is a) those IJA units are now free to roam, and b) I lost a nice refueling station for my submarines.

Cebu is the only base left in the SRA with supplies.

Commando Raid:

I am trying a Commando Raid; more for chrome and fun than anything else, but why not?

I converted 3 US subs to SSTs, and they are at Perth. We are loading an Australian Commando Co., and we will land them at Tjepoe, the base west of Soerbaya that has a Refinery. The base figures to be unoccupied, and I hope to destroy OIL stocks there, and damage the refinery.

Worth a shot, right?

The only other use I can think of for these sub commandos, other than flipping empty islands, is to cut rail lines (like the one running down the Thailand panhandle to Malaya)

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 255
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 12:40:08 AM   
PaxMondo

4000 PP's.  Ouch!

Pax

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 256
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 7:38:32 AM   
SBD

quote:

HMS FORMIDABLE: She is docked in Seattle. Withdrawl is 34 days, and she has 150 days of damage! I don't need her fully repaired, but I think I'm not going to get it down enough to withdraw in time. I should have sailed her to Japan!!!!

Bremerton has a larger shipyard (150 vs. 50 in Seattle.) Would putting her there speed up repairs?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 257
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 8:19:08 AM   
obvert

quote:

I guess so, I'll have to remember that as PPs bleed away at 65 per turn; that's the price of honor. Hopefully she gets to 50% damage quick, we'll see, but I predict some PP losses, at least 4000 points

Wow!

I advocated for her scuttling, but you are showing a lot of integrity doing things this way.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to SBD)
Post #: 258
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 4:36:28 PM   
Q-Ball

August 4, 1942

Baker Island:

I am nearly in position for the landing at Baker. The fleet is gathered behind Canton Is. I am just awaiting some P-40s to get to Canton, if I run into trouble I'll want the extra LBA in the area.

There is also a convoy unloading at Tabietua. I am sending 2 DDs; these guys sank 2 ships dropping supplies at Baker a few days ago.

China/Burma Theater:

I expect to lose the front north of Chungking soon. I am in real trouble now, but I foresaw this, so it's worth talking about the long-term plan.

I hope to delay Greyjoy and avoid the fall of the Chungking plain until the end of 1942. I do expect to lose it, as he continues to commit large air and land forces, including most of the tanks and bombers. It's the main effort, and why not; he got a great start on me.

I think I can hold a small area from Kunming to Paotung; it's all mountains, and unlike the rest of China, this area is getting supplies from India. That will all end if he starts bombing, but I think I can keep some guys up there awhile.

The Burma front has been very very quiet, and that's OK. I need to build up bombers and troops before making a move, but I have some plans here. Ultimately, my objective is NOT to conquer SE Asia from Burma, but to tie-down IJA land and air forces, to make decisive moves elsewhere.

I am building a "Free Chinese Army" in India, consisting of all the units I could move per House Rule (had to be "bought" to non-restricted HQs). This is the 6th Corps, and about 5 divisions. Chinese Corps are weak in China, but a 800+ AV one with plenty of supplies is enough to cause some trouble in Burma. The Chinese with some Indian support will attack Myiktinya, while the 18th UK and 2 Indian divisions, plus tanks, will advance on Akyab.

Alot of the defenses in Burma consist of Thai forces; I want in particular to get tanks on them, because they have no AT capability whatsoever. Stuarts will look like Panther tanks to the Thais. 2 Indian Tank Bdes are filling out with Grant/Lees, which to the IJA look like King Tigers! (I read up on these in the CBI theater; the British basically dumped all the North Africa excess M3s on CBI, but they were very successful there. Their strengths, good armor and good gun, were important, and their weaknesses didn't matter when there were no large AT guns around on the IJA side)

Strategic Advances:

OK, so a big question I'll need to consider soon: Where will the main advance be?

I am well positioned to make trouble out of the Indian Ocean. I hold Exmouth and Cocos, which means I have some freedom to operate there if I choose. Cocos is an interesting base; I can't really use it offensively, but it's a useful refueling station, etc, if I choose to attack Sumatra, for example.

Against Cuttlefish, I landed on Timor, and the bases around it. While not directly on the SRA, this is a good area, because there are a ton of islands that can be developed into good bases, and once you land in that area, several options in terms of directions to go. I kind of like that area for that reason.

Sumatra is also interesting. The advantage is that it's right on top of the Oil, so a major major threat. The disadvantages are a) Sumatra is a large land mass that will allow him to get the IJA in play, and he should have massive infantry available once China falls, and b) once you take the West coast, you pretty much have to go through Merak/Oosthaven. The follow-on choices are pretty narrow.

The Solomons I am not a big fan of. The advantages there are lots of bases to advance on, and the IJA can't be used as effectively there. It's also easy to support, as it's close to Oz, etc. The big problem is that it's far away from anything strategic.

Central Pacific also has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that the IJA is almost useless out there, and the biggest navy wins. The problem is lack of bases. You really need to get to the Marianas and take them all, simply to have a place to base troops for the next move. Pearl Harbor is too long a haul.

Finally, the Kuriles. I personally love these, but my only hestitation is that I know Greyjoy will heavily garrison them. First, because of his last game, but also I have received lots of intel about whole divisions being moved up there. It would also trigger Kamis instantly, and a whole bunch of reinforcements. Not sure on this one.

Anyway, thoughts are appreciated.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 259
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 5:20:17 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Probably you're already doing, but Seattle is a huge shipyard, the biggest on the WC. If you put everything else there on Readiness or Pier, put her in the yard alone and go to Critical you should be able to get under the withdrawl damage limit faster than 4000 PPs worth. Seattle can fix BBs, which are usually "repair denser", fairly fast. I don't have the numbers you're seeing, but Seattle can really bang out some repair if you clear out everything else and commit.

Edit: I just checked GJ's AAR and see you're using the extended map. I've never studied its changes. A post here says Bremerton is a bigger yard than Seattle; Bremerton doesn't exist on the stock map. So I don't know. But put her in the biggest WC yard there is and go Critical. It's your best bet.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 10/27/2012 5:27:45 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 260
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 6:20:37 PM   
JocMeister

Q-ball,

I´m not very experienced but given your situation in China I would try and stay away from places with a large landmass. When you have lost China he will be able to start moving out large amount of troops. I think you should make whatever move you decide on before China falls.

I don´t remember if you are still on control of the Andamans? If not I would move there for simple fact that it would force him to commit the troops freed from China to garrison Burma, Malaya and Sumatra. You can then move in any other theatre without having to deal with a lot of "extra" forces usually in China. I think to tie down those forces should be your main concern for the rest of 42 and early 43.

It would also open up those 3 places for you later in 43 if you think making a push there would be possible.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 261
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 7:08:41 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Probably you're already doing, but Seattle is a huge shipyard, the biggest on the WC. If you put everything else there on Readiness or Pier, put her in the yard alone and go to Critical you should be able to get under the withdrawl damage limit faster than 4000 PPs worth. Seattle can fix BBs, which are usually "repair denser", fairly fast. I don't have the numbers you're seeing, but Seattle can really bang out some repair if you clear out everything else and commit.

Edit: I just checked GJ's AAR and see you're using the extended map. I've never studied its changes. A post here says Bremerton is a bigger yard than Seattle; Bremerton doesn't exist on the stock map. So I don't know. But put her in the biggest WC yard there is and go Critical. It's your best bet.

And move as much NavSupport you can there along with every AR you can scrounge up.

Pax

Post #: 262
RE: China! - 10/27/2012 7:57:51 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

And move as much NavSupport you can there along with every AR you can scrounge up.

Doesn't matter if he's in Shipyard mode. Support squads and tenders don't add to repair points which can be used in yards.

The Moose

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 263
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 1:41:48 AM   
PaxMondo

Rats!!!

Pax

Post #: 264
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 2:00:21 PM   
Q-Ball

Aug 7, 1942

Well, we landed at Baker Island. The landing itself was successful, but overall not a great day.

Baker Landings:

I landed an RCT and other forces on Baker. They were enough to take the base on the first attempt, from a small SNLF garrison. I knew the garrison was small from SigInt and also because there were no flights at all from Baker as far as I could tell, and a recon flight found 1 unit. So, just enough to take it.

Maryland!

BUT, we lost USS MARYLAND! His subs are a menace, and other than forming ASW TFs to tail every combat TF, which I don't have enough DDs to do, not sure what I can do about it. He's definitely using his subs well, and that's the 2nd time a Sub has sunk a BB unassisted. This one was courtesy of I-28.

I have now lost 4 USN BBs, after only losing 1 at Pearl. That's not good. I am probably going to bring over the R-Class BBs from the IO.

Next Steps:

I had planned to leave a few transports to pull-off combat units before I bring in a base force, but look at the map below: KB looks to be present! There is no way I'm messing with KB at this point.

The transports that landed at Baker are moving to Canton, where they will have LRCAP from 75 fighters. This will not repel KB, but at least make an attack expensive. The warships are all moving out of there, and I don't think he can run them down. The CVs, in particular, are moving out back toward Christmas Is. and safety.

He probably wants a CV battle, and I thought about it as I have 7 CVs there, and I can position them to draw LRCAP from Canton. I probably won't get a chance to fight within LBA range again. But decided against it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 265
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 2:29:16 PM   
PaxMondo

Mmm, if you could have gotten him into a fight with 75 fighter CAP from Canton Aug '42 ... well, let me put it this way, as the IJN I would never take it.  In a straight fight, the KB has you out planed.  BUT, with any LBA on the allied side, particularly fighter CAP the equation swings rapidly the other way.  Looking at this, I know I'm going to lose 2-3CV's min.  Even if I get all of yours, and that's unlikely in this scenario, it isn't a trade that I want.  Right? 

Flipping it around then means you should have tried to get him to commit.  I think your first reaction (fight if you can get him) was the correct one.

OTOH, you're doing fine keeping him honest with these landings like this.  Another 6 months and your Essex' start showing up and not long after that you start to see your B-29's and he still has to fly Zero's with the KB.  Either way, you win.  NIce thing about playing as the allies, you win. 

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 10/28/2012 5:28:11 PM >

Pax

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 266
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 3:06:32 PM   
JocMeister

Out of curiosity. Why did you decide not to give battle?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 267
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 5:35:26 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Mmm, if you could have gotten him into a fight with 75 fighter CAP from Canton Aug '42 ... well, let me put it this way, as the IJN I would never take it.  In a straight fight, the KB has you out planned.  BUT, with any LBA on the allied side, particularly fighter CAP the equation swings rapidly the other way.  Looking at this, I know I'm going to lose 2-3CV's min.  Even if I get all of yours, and that's unlikely in this scenario, it isn't a trade that I want.  Right? 

Flipping it around then means you should have tried to get him to commit.  I think your first reaction (fight if you can get him) was the correct one.

OTOH, you're doing fine keeping him honest with these landings like this.  Another 6 months and your Essex' start showing up and not long after that you start to see your B-29's and he still has to fly Zero's with the KB.  Either way, you win.  NIce thing about playing as the allies, you win. 

In retrospect, I think you are right; as it happens it didn't matter, because KB set-up about 5 hexes north of Baker. Basically, he was just going after the transports at Baker, not my CVs. I could have moved 50 fighters to Baker, and used that to augment my CVs....maybe that should have been my play. I prefer to commit the USN CVs, though, after the 40mm upgrades. With the Flak capability on this mod, that should tip the balance. If I had moved fighters to Baker, he could also easily torch them by bombarding the airstrip with cruisers.

But I chose not to fight, not at this moment...I'll get other chances. It's a bit early.

Aug 8, 1942:

As I said, the KB ended up north of Baker; doesn't seem like he is inclined to go deep against my shipping. The transport will make it to Canton, along with DETROIT, which ate a torp a couple days ago. She will live.

He could go after my transports at Canton; I probably should have disbanded them, forgot about that after I closed the turn. But against 75 fighters, it will cost him some attack planes, and he may want to save them for warships.

So, Baker falls. It's not a strategic base, I really just wanted to keep punching in the Pacific, and draw his attention to CentPac. It does improve my floatplane coverage, and helps guard the supply lines to Australia.

This operation cost me BB MARYLAND, which isn't great. I've lost too many to subs; that's 3 so far!!!!!

CBI:

Three Japanese units are about to attack Paoshan. They are going to cross the river. This should be bad for him, because the max stacking is only 20K there, and I am maxed-out on my side. Unlike the rest of the Chinese army, these guys are also in supply (through Ledo). I am running a big bombing mission against the units tomorrow from Dimapur, first air action in a couple months from me.

China continues to go south; a 1-2 attack at Chihkiang dropped the forts again, and this base will fall in a couple weeks. That's a big problem, but not a ton I can do about it.

Next Steps:

The fleet will return to Pearl, along with the assault transports. First, we are going to take the rest of the Aleutians; that should take me through September. Then, the "Major" push. Not sure what that is yet, I outlined a few options a couple posts ago.

One thing, though, is that I probably need to avoid major land masses, because he figures to have dozens of spare divisions by mid-1943, once China is closed out.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 268
RE: China! - 10/28/2012 6:31:17 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

...I'll get other chances. It's a bit early.

Yes you will ... and yes it is.

Pax

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 269
RE: China! - 10/29/2012 3:55:12 AM   
Q-Ball

August 9-11, 1942

Commando Raid!

Our sub commando raid worked; the three subs unloaded the Aussies, and Tjepoe fell. Only issue: for some reason, only 1 sub was able to load troops again on the way out. Not 100% sure why. They were all docked (in fact, I took the liberty of refueling)

Quiet Time:

From my perspective, it's going to be quiet for about a month; by then, I'll be ready to clear the rest of the Aleutians. Then, 1943 planning....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: China! Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI