Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My bombers have gone on strike, help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> My bombers have gone on strike, help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:28:41 AM   
macroman247

I don't know what is going on. It's October '42 and my air campaign on the India/Burma border has just stopped. I have been carpet bombing Akyab for months now without any problems. Morale is great, planes are in good shape with plenty of support but no more attacks from Chittagong/Imphal are being conducted. I have even stood down the bomber groups for awhile and chose new targets but they won't budge. AFs are max size and they haven't launched in weeks (so weather isn't a factor). Have a missed something in the manual to explain this problem or is this some glitch?

Playing against a hard AI scen 2.

< Message edited by macroman247 -- 7/29/2012 9:41:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:41:53 AM   
JocMeister

Weather or moral springs to mind!

(in reply to macroman247)
Post #: 2
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:43:52 AM   
macroman247

Edited the post right as you posted that. Has been going on for weeks so the weather isn't an issue. Morale is like 99 and my commanders have good leadership. Even if it were low, none of that would stop 10 or so different bomber wings from not launching 1 plane over the course of a few weeks.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 11:08:51 AM   
jmalter

i can only guess, have you got adequate supply?

but Chitters/Imphal shouldn't be a supply-prob, unless you've got uninvited guests sitting on the railroad NW of Kohima.

Post #: 4
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 12:43:48 PM   
Atilla60

Another guess. Have you over stacked the airbases?

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
-Sir Winston Churchill-

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 6:19:43 PM   
macroman247

Supply is fine and base is nowhere near overstacked. Nothing really changed that caused them to stop. It just happened. I have flown all affected groups to Calcutta and will try to launch them from there to do some testing.

(in reply to Atilla60)
Post #: 6
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:08:16 PM   
macroman247

AI might have broken down. Seems like every training air group has stopped gaining XP/Skills as well. XP is below 55 and is no longer going up and skills are below 70 and have not budged.

Post #: 7
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:37:15 PM   
rwolan@sbcglobal.net

I have noticed the same effect happening to some of my units "training" in Korea. For several turns they have not gained experience or fatigue.

I am playing a PBEM game as the IJ.

NicoDemon

Post #: 8
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:46:10 PM   
macroman247

Sounds weird, but a lot of my problems started when I marched an AUS division into Buna. It was the division I evac'd from Singapore so they were attached to ABDA.

I have now suspended all air ops for a month and my air groups that were training still show orange/green increases even though they have not done anything in a month. Game definitely seems hosed at this point.

(in reply to rwolan@sbcglobal.net)
Post #: 9
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/29/2012 9:51:49 PM   
macroman247

Confirmed that they are actually gaining skill while grounded. I guess at this point I am just going to revert back a month and monitor if/when all these problems appear again.

Post #: 10
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 6:54:07 AM   
LoBaron

Weird issue. Have you checked other order related stuff? Such as NavS, moving units to another hex, moving ships...
Its only air unit related? I doubt there is any connection to your Buna op...

I suggest you reinstall you client and check if the issue persists. If it does you could go over to the tech support subforum and post your savegame.

Post #: 11
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 2:39:08 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: macroman247

Supply is fine and base is nowhere near overstacked. Nothing really changed that caused them to stop. It just happened. I have flown all affected groups to Calcutta and will try to launch them from there to do some testing.

It is possible that while you do not have a plane over-stacking problem, you do have a group over-stacking problem. Even though a base can handle 500 planes, it may only be able to handle those planes in 8 groups, etc. You might check to make sure you aren't over-stacked for administration (IE too many different groups).

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 12
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 2:55:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Everything already stated is true but sometimes the game engine will scrub missions due to CAP over the target hex. Now, techincally, I never actually read this anywhere but I believe it to be true just like I never bet on the horse with the fastest practice times in a maiden race (because someone is usually BS'ing). It is much better to wait till the last 2 minutes of betting and see which horse is getting bet down. Failing that, bet on the jockey whose birthdate is closest to your own. That seems to work.

Often this is a good thing if you are talking about Bleinheims (or however you spell that) but sometimes you want the attack to go in anyway. You will need the bombers attached to an air hq with an aggressive CO

Post #: 13
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 5:49:34 PM   
Alfred

quote:

I don't know what is going on. It's October '42 and my air campaign on the India/Burma border has just stopped. I have been carpet bombing Akyab for months now without any problems. Morale is great, planes are in good shape with plenty of support but no more attacks from Chittagong/Imphal are being conducted. I have even stood down the bomber groups for awhile and chose new targets but they won't budge. AFs are max size and they haven't launched in weeks (so weather isn't a factor). Have a missed something in the manual to explain this problem or is this some glitch?

Playing against a hard AI scen 2.

This may appear to be a lot of detail but it really isn't. I for one certainly have to guess what you mean by "carpet bombing".

1. If you assign bombers the ground attack mission and you direct them to hit a specific location, they will cease to bomb if there is nothing left at that location to bomb. Once you vaporise the enemy unit, there is nothing to bomb at that location.

2. Your set range also limits what targets your bombers can attack. If the enemy has moved out of range the bombers can't follow the target.

Alfred

Post #: 14
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 5:55:10 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
I for one certainly have to guess what you mean by "carpet bombing".

My cat does that with hairballs.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 15
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 10:09:02 PM   
macroman247

A lot of the suggestions here are good but not applicable since nothing had changed with the bombing runs. No group overstacking issue mainly because they were launching one day and stopped for good the next. I had airfield strikes set to Akyab from Chittagong and Imphal...no distance issue. I had sweep missions from Chitta going to clear the skies and eventually destroyed almost all the fighters as far as recon could tell.

Once I noticed that the training increases were bugged, I figured something outside of normal game mechanics had to be going on.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 16
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/30/2012 11:06:16 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Your problem is all of the above and your Playing the Allieds.  Its going to be like that with your bombers for awhile......or play the japanese side.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Post #: 17
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/31/2012 1:49:38 AM   
Bill Durrant

It would really help to include some screen shots of the base and the individual units. Normally someone will find the problem,

Sunk by 35cm/45 1YT Gun - Near Singapore

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 18
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/31/2012 7:37:33 AM   
Alfred

quote:

... I had airfield strikes set to Akyab from Chittagong and Imphal...no distance issue...

Reread what I posted about range. It is not what you think I said.

Alfred

Post #: 19
RE: My bombers have gone on strike, help! - 7/31/2012 3:02:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

... I had airfield strikes set to Akyab from Chittagong and Imphal...no distance issue...

Reread what I posted about range. It is not what you think I said.

Alfred

Ignore Lord Tennyson's advice at your peril.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> My bombers have gone on strike, help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI