Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at competitive prices?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at competitive prices? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/1/2012 1:54:16 AM   
bairdlander2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander
Thanks for showing me the error of my ways,I have now purchased all outdated Matrix titles and paid full price for them,Im sure they will be worth a lot of money someday,thanks againI will never forget your words of wisdom,you have taught me so much

Fist your making price comparisons on new vs old model auto’s, now its moved on to “collectables” I’m starting to wonder if you are even old enough to drive, let alone accually have a job ……….good luck with your quest for $5 matrix titles.

only question left is why the hell are you even here if everything they sell is outdated and overpriced ?

I never stated EVERYTHING is outdated.Im just agreeing with the op who started this thread.As for a job Im a unionized tradesman and I do very,very well.I also never said I want to buy $5 Matrix titles.Whats the problem with saying the prices of titles that are 7 years old are too high?Why does that bother you so much?Also actually is not spelled accually.I assume you were attempting to spell actually?

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 9/1/2012 2:08:03 AM >

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 61
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/1/2012 2:06:42 AM   
Zap

Speaking about "Sarge" . He actually, is a man of honor and not a fool in any way.

Those who have expressed opinions about price reductions. Just my impression, but it seems your looking to arm wrestle Matrix into submission in this thread.

Its for a good reason they don't discuss there pricing policies with us.

< Message edited by Zap -- 9/1/2012 2:07:26 AM >

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 62
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/1/2012 2:30:13 AM   
bairdlander2

Im just agreeing with the op like many others have,not only this thread but many threads here.I responded to "sarge" because I made a point regarding paying 2012 prices for a 2004 model(NOT an antique classic car) and his response was "well I paid double for a 68 Charger compared to what one costs now".He took my statement and attempted to turn it around like a typical internet troll.And I fell into his troll trap.Im not going to argue with someone like that,even if they know you are right they will still disagree.Enough of this bs,Im out of this thread.Peace.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 63
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/1/2012 2:15:23 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander their so called "sales" they knock $5 off.Not much of a bargain for outdated ui and graphics.

quote:

I think they should charge $300 minimum.

quote:

outdated graphics why should we pay $40-50 for something that should be $10

quote:

would say you are a fool

quote:

I have now purchased all outdated Matrix titles and paid full price for them

quote:

He took my statement and attempted to turn it around like a typical internet troll

quote:

Im not going to argue with someone like that

2009,1300+ posts and your this miserable with Matrix games ‘n community …………..why bother ?

maybe you just like being unhappy ……

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 64
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/4/2012 7:16:43 PM   
jaxpac

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap
Those who have expressed opinions about price reductions. Just my impression, but it seems your looking to arm wrestle Matrix into submission in this thread.

It's more like people are trying to wrestle Matrix into making more sales and more money. I think a good argument can be made that Matrix would benefit greatly from pricing their games in line with market prices. If there is a counter argument to the points that have been raised I would be interetsed in hearing it and discovering Matrix's reasoning. I would not suggest they do anything that is going to harm their bottom line.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 65
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/5/2012 4:38:21 AM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaxpac

. If there is a counter argument to the points that have been raised I would be interetsed in hearing it and discovering Matrix's reasoning. I would not suggest they do anything that is going to harm their bottom line.

Doubt you'll hear from them about it. They don't discuss what their best selling games are. So why would they discuss their pricing policy?

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to jaxpac)
Post #: 66
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/5/2012 10:23:50 AM   
Kineas

quote:

It's more like people are trying to wrestle Matrix into making more sales and more money. I think a good argument can be made that Matrix would benefit greatly from pricing their games in line with market prices. If there is a counter argument to the points that have been raised I would be interetsed in hearing it and discovering Matrix's reasoning. I would not suggest they do anything that is going to harm their bottom line.

"In 2011 Slitherine/Matrix increased their gross revenue a staggering 67%" - maybe they are doing it right the conventional way. Just saying.

(in reply to jaxpac)
Post #: 67
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/5/2012 10:51:45 AM   
Hertston

quote:

If there is a counter argument to the points that have been raised I would be interetsed in hearing it and discovering Matrix's reasoning.

If they wanted their reasoning in the public domain no doubt they would post it; and as that reasoning is likely to involve commercially sensitive information I can't see it happening. The point remains though, that Matrix are a unique point in the market. The only real comparison I can can think of is Battlefront, who actually operate a pretty similar policy. The original CM games are cheap, but only long after they were elsewhere. The Theatre of War games are discounted maybe a third on the original price? You could (and I did) pick them up for candy-bar money in the Gamersgate Xmas sale. Likewise, you can get Shock Force for peanuts elsewhere, but not from BF.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 9/5/2012 10:53:06 AM >

(in reply to jaxpac)
Post #: 68
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/10/2012 9:40:05 PM   
jaxpac

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kineas
"In 2011 Slitherine/Matrix increased their gross revenue a staggering 67%" - maybe they are doing it right the conventional way. Just saying.

Obviously they are doing something right, but Matrix is the exception. If their profits are increasing I would say they are doing it right in a non-conventional way.

(in reply to Kineas)
Post #: 69
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/10/2012 10:08:14 PM   
wodin

I'm sure some of the older titles hardly sell any units at all anymore, and I expect if the price was reduced they'd suddenly sell some.

Also I expect the developers would welcome some sales even at a reduced rate.

Herston CMSF and it's modules are currently on sale at BF at a very reduced rate.

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/10/2012 10:09:21 PM >

(in reply to htuna)
Post #: 70
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/10/2012 11:50:51 PM   
Mobeer

There are some odd prices (below in £):
Pacific War = free download
Uncommon Valour = 20.99 download
War in the Pacific = 40.99 download
War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition = 53.99 download

I'd suggest that people would either download Pacific War free or buy War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition?
Uncommon Valour can be had from ebay for 1.37 delivered (used, boxed), with a few higher priced sellers

Why not ditch Pacific War and reduce Uncommon Valour and War in the Pacific (original) to 12.99 or so?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 71
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/11/2012 5:32:53 AM   
histgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

There are some odd prices (below in £):
Pacific War = free download
Uncommon Valour = 20.99 download
War in the Pacific = 40.99 download
War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition = 53.99 download

I'd suggest that people would either download Pacific War free or buy War in the Pacific: Admirals Edition?
Uncommon Valour can be had from ebay for 1.37 delivered (used, boxed), with a few higher priced sellers

Why not ditch Pacific War and reduce Uncommon Valour and War in the Pacific (original) to 12.99 or so?

Well I for one never would have bough War in the Pacific even cheaply. It was Pacific War being free that got me into War in the Pacific at 59.99 and then AE at 79.99.

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 72
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/11/2012 8:02:46 AM   
wodin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kineas

Obviously they are doing something right, but Matrix is the exception. If their profits are increasing I would say they are doing it right in a non-conventional way.

Panzer Corps and DW and Battle Academy.

(in reply to jaxpac)
Post #: 73
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 9/11/2012 8:04:45 AM   
wodin

quote:

Speaking about "Sarge" . He actually, is a man of honor and not a fool in any way.

Arm wrestle? No it's consumer power.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 74
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 4/25/2013 7:01:03 AM   
grogmaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Fist your making price comparisons on new vs old model auto’s, now its moved on to “collectables” I’m starting to wonder if you are even old enough to drive, let alone accually have a job ……….good luck with your quest for $5 matrix titles.

only question left is why the hell are you even here if everything they sell is outdated and overpriced ?

As a long time purchaser of Matrix Games up until this last year, nothing ticks me off more than having some yes man tell me I can't tell the publisher of games to lower prices a bit because I might buy them if they did. Not only do I have the right in the country I live in to voice such opinions, but I'm also inclined to let people know them in a public medium.

I hope "sarge" isn't derived from military service and you being in a rank higher than E1, because someone of your amateurish behavior shouldn't be a leader of men.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 75
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 4/25/2013 7:04:29 AM   
grogmaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

Arm wrestle? No it's consumer power.

The sad part of this issues is that it's even resulted into such discussions on a public forum. If Slitherine had even the slightest respect for their customers or had the skills to deal with them, they wouldn't be in this mess. Nor would publications be belittling them en masse.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 76
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 4/25/2013 7:22:11 AM   
warspite1

Oh Good - another thread bashing Matrix and their pricing policy

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to grogmaster)
Post #: 77
RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at c... - 4/25/2013 9:52:53 AM   
IainMcNeil

This is a 2 year old thread and this is covered in the other discussions so I'm going to lock this so it's all in one place.

No this is not paranoia, nor censorship. It is just forum management :)

Please go here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3312181

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 78
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Has Matrix ever considered releasing old games at competitive prices? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI