Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/12/2013 8:31:06 PM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

She's Tasmanian, She'd probably give a swift kick in the ..........................................

"Don't make me break my foot off in yo ass!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAgDCMt8Q0A

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 61
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/12/2013 10:58:35 PM   
parusski

All discussion should now stop. The obvious answer as to who the best soldiers were---the men I led in the great crusade against the evil red Bolshevik Asiatic subhuman Russians.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 62
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/12/2013 11:06:52 PM   
paulderynck

What about Sgt. Fury and the howling commandos?

Paul

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 63
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/12/2013 11:28:55 PM   
warspite1

You are both wrong. If you are looking for a platoon of superbly trained, highly motivated, tough, uncompromising elite troops then look no further than these guys. Be afraid Mr Hitler...be very afraid

Attachment (1)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 64
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/12/2013 11:38:47 PM   
Extraneous

The best soldiers in WWII were Marlene Dietrich and all the USO frontline entertainers.

During two extended tours for the USO in 1944 and 1945, she performed for Allied troops on the front lines in Algeria, Italy, England and France and went into Germany with Generals James M. Gavin and George S. Patton. When asked why she had done this, in spite of the obvious danger of being within a few kilometres of German lines, she replied, "aus Anstand" — "out of decency".

In 1944, the Morale Operations Branch of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) initiated the Musak project, musical propaganda broadcasts designed to demoralize enemy soldiers. Dietrich, the only performer who was made aware that her recordings would be for OSS use, recorded a number of songs in German for the project, including Lili Marleen, a favourite of soldiers on both sides of the conflict. William Joseph Donovan, head of the OSS, wrote to Dietrich, "I am personally deeply grateful for your generosity in making these recordings for us."

Attachment (1)

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 65
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/13/2013 6:59:23 AM   
SLAAKMAN

parruski
quote:

All discussion should now stop. The obvious answer as to who the best soldiers were---the men I led in the great crusade against the evil red Bolshevik Asiatic subhuman Russians.

I must admit that if it is true that you actually scored that gorgeous Liebchen, then you are most assuredly a choir-boy of renowned repute.

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 66
RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII - 1/14/2013 12:33:16 AM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

You are both wrong. If you are looking for a platoon of superbly trained, highly motivated, tough, uncompromising elite troops then look no further than these guys. Be afraid Mr Hitler...be very afraid

How could I forget Warmington-on-Sea's most feared platoon.

They are the GREATEST!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: OT - best soldiers in WWII Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI