Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/14/2012 5:33:56 PM   
Capt Cliff

I have a problem with and engine factory at Gifu. I converted it to another engine and upped the supply requirement to 11,000, to get the magic 20,000 so the factory will start to repair itself. But nothing happens!!! I selected stockpile yes and still nothing!! The supply level have been at 2900 for at least 7 turns. Since Gifu doesn't have a port I can not ship supply in. What does it take to get the supply level to 20k in order for the factory to repair??

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/14/2012 9:15:36 PM   
LoBaron

Wrong forum. As always.

Check your other bases for supply settings. Keep in mind that a base attempts to stock 3 times the supply requested.
If you have already done that how about opening a thread in the war room with an appropriate description of what
you checked until posting, except supply level and settings at Gifu?

You are not describing a technical issue and are around long enough to know.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 5:19:11 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Wrong forum. As always.

Check your other bases for supply settings. Keep in mind that a base attempts to stock 3 times the supply requested.
If you have already done that how about opening a thread in the war room with an appropriate description of what

Who died and made you boss of the forum? Also what makes you the expert on what is or is not a technical issue? Oh wait your ginormous EGO!!

Perhaps this is a problem with the city?? I have noticed unloading supply via a TF at Christchurch New Zealand the supply magically appears in Dunedin. All supply set at minimums. Didn't bother reporting this but Gifu is a problem. Seems that is a city problem. Maybe Gifu is too??

Tone down your sanctimonious attitude there sport!

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 3
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 5:34:20 PM   
btbw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

I have a problem with and engine factory at Gifu. I converted it to another engine and upped the supply requirement to 11,000, to get the magic 20,000 so the factory will start to repair itself. But nothing happens!!! I selected stockpile yes and still nothing!! The supply level have been at 2900 for at least 7 turns. Since Gifu doesn't have a port I can not ship supply in. What does it take to get the supply level to 20k in order for the factory to repair??

I'm not gamemaster and had same problem. I recommend change supply req. all bases in Mainland to 10k (only with repairing industry, also Tokyo can have maximum supply req.) and turn off stockpiling everywhere.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 4
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 6:02:38 PM   
Puhis

Yes, your supply req. settings are wrong. You only need 10000+ points to repair factories, not 20000. So setting should be 4000 points for bases with 1 or 2 repairing factories, and 5000-7000 for bigger bases. If you request 10000 points, that means the base is trying to get 30000 points. That's too much, and it'll probably mess the supply flow.

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 5
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 6:35:00 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Wrong forum. As always.

Who died and made you boss of the forum? Also what makes you the expert on what is or is not a technical issue? Oh wait your ginormous EGO!!

Perhaps this is a problem with the city?? I have noticed unloading supply via a TF at Christchurch New Zealand the supply magically appears in Dunedin. All supply set at minimums. Didn't bother reporting this but Gifu is a problem. Seems that is a city problem. Maybe Gifu is too??

Tone down your sanctimonious attitude there sport!

No.

As Puhis pointed out, your settings are most probably wrong.

I don´t think you are stupid enough to think every situation you don´t immediately understand is a bug. I think you simply don´t care.
So, in this case learn to live with the fact that I will respond accordingly everytime I am in the mood to point out that you are off topic in a bug report and technical support section. Sport.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 6
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 8:08:09 PM   
msieving1

quote:

Wrong forum. As always.

It seems to annoy some people when others ask questions in this forum about problems they are having. But considering that the forum description is "Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here" [emphasis added], it shouldn't be any great surprise when people ask for help on other issues here. This may not be the best place to get answers to such questions, but they're not out of place.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 7
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 8:54:29 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: msieving1

quote:

Wrong forum. As always.

It seems to annoy some people when others ask questions in this forum about problems they are having. But considering that the forum description is "Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here" [emphasis added], it shouldn't be any great surprise when people ask for help on other issues here. This may not be the best place to get answers to such questions, but they're not out of place.

This forum is called Tech Support, not Manual.
Thats a precise 20th century designation.

I do believe that people intelligent enough to play a game like this do not need this designation reinserted into a more detailed description to grab the basics of what is considered worth posting here.
Cliff knows this anyway, he has been told a couple of times already.

A clean forum structure is always better with a game this complex.

What Cliff does potentially leads new players into believing that there are many more bugs than there actually are, and it makes identifying real technical issues more difficult because you
constantly have to sort out through crap like "I have no idea how to get supply from A to B. This is a bug!", usually from people who are too lazy to investigate deeper, or too egomanic to come to the
conclusion that the "issue" they see has been tried out thousands of times before, so they could ask in the appropriate place if they need help on a specific aspect of the game.

Some are too stubborn to change that habit, and I sometimes feel like pointing this out sometimes. No need to start a senseless discussion about that.

(in reply to msieving1)
Post #: 8
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/15/2012 9:27:59 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw

quote:

I'm not gamemaster and had same problem. I recommend change supply req. all bases in Mainland to 10k (only with repairing industry, also Tokyo can have maximum supply req.) and turn off stockpiling everywhere.

Thanks btbw, I have checked all my main land cities and set them to minimum, I set Tokyo to 2k above minimum, and still no supply to Gifu which I had set at 11k which should give me 33k. I'll check my mainland cities again. I know I have one city with ZERO supply with a request for 1K but it's been that way for multiple turns. I'll recheck my cities and set them all at minimum.

Oh, LoBaron have the decency to know when you might be wrong or give someone the benefit of the doubt. Right now you are trolling this thread.

Addendum; Ok, I reset all my cities to 1k supply or there minimum requirement some below 1k and ran a turn. All my mainland cities supply level changed but Gifu stayed the same at 2930. Tokyo went to 90k even though I had set it low and with stockpile on no. Even that city at zero supply got supply. I might try setting all the cities to 1k minimum but I am now just guessing.

< Message edited by Capt Cliff -- 9/15/2012 9:47:55 PM >

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 9
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 4:36:34 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw

quote:

Thanks btbw, I have checked all my main land cities and set them to minimum, I set Tokyo to 2k above minimum, and still no supply to Gifu which I had set at 11k which should give me 33k. I'll check my mainland cities again. I know I have one city with ZERO supply with a request for 1K but it's been that way for multiple turns. I'll recheck my cities and set them all at minimum.

Oh, LoBaron have the decency to know when you might be wrong or give someone the benefit of the doubt. Right now you are trolling this thread.

Addendum; Ok, I reset all my cities to 1k supply or there minimum requirement some below 1k and ran a turn. All my mainland cities supply level changed but Gifu stayed the same at 2930. Tokyo went to 90k even though I had set it low and with stockpile on no. Even that city at zero supply got supply. I might try setting all the cities to 1k minimum but I am now just guessing.

And unless you post a save here we can only guess too... still I've asked you in the past to do this and you seem content not to ...

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 10
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 5:55:25 AM   
Puhis

If you only have one engine factory you need to repair, you need just 11k supply points. Why do you try to get 33k? Just set Gifu's supply level to 4000.

You have not given any details, but it sounds like Honshu might be short of supply? That's the reason why Gifu won't get supply (beside the fact that you're asking way too much).

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 11
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:00:35 AM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

If you only have one engine factory you need to repair, you need just 11k supply points. Why do you try to get 33k? Just set Gifu's supply level to 4000.

You have not given any details, but it sounds like Honshu might be short of supply? That's the reason why Gifu won't get supply (beside the fact that you're asking way too much).

I have. I have set it all over the place ... 4k, 5k, 6k ... but no supply transfers into Gifu. As for Honshu's supply I have 92K in Tokyo after these adjustments, change all the cities, and before I had 40f in Tokyo and 50k in Nagasaki. Supply just will not flow into Gifu. Like it got disconnected.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 12
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:04:02 AM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

I have. I have set it all over the place ... 4k, 5k, 6k ... but no supply transfers into Gifu. As for Honshu's supply I have 92K in Tokyo after these adjustments, change all the cities, and before I had 40f in Tokyo and 50k in Nagasaki. Supply just will not flow into Gifu. Like it got disconnected.

And that is why I want to see a save ... How many supplies in the main Home Is. ? What bases are you erroneously using stockpiling (it really is a dangerous thing)? This issue can be resolved in 10 mins if you post a save ...

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 13
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:06:44 AM   
Puhis

quote:

quote:

Well, in my game I don't have any problems getting supply to Gifu. But I have plenty of supply, Tokyo have 660k. I think that might be your problem. Supply level is so low that small bases can't get any. Have you built up Gifu's airfield? In the beginning it's just level 1, you need to expand it.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 14
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:11:43 AM   
Capt Cliff

Ok, here's a saved game file. it is after changing ALL the Honshu cities to have a minimum of 1k pull but before execution of the turn. After I executed this turn I ended up with 92k in Tokyo. I am playing the game solitaire.

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 15
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:20:41 AM   
Capt Cliff

I reran the turn with Gifu at 4k and still no supply change, but Tokyo is now at 98k and that one city with zero supply is still at zero.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 16
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:21:46 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Ok, here's a saved game file. it is after changing ALL the Honshu cities to have a minimum of 1k pull but before execution of the turn. After I executed this turn I ended up with 92k in Tokyo. I am playing the game solitaire.

Thanks ... and here's your problem.
First, not enough supply in Japan. 264K covering 40+ bases - is not enough. Rule of thumb I keep about 800K+ in Japan min.[edit] Yes, you can go lower but around 4-500K will cause some issues.
Secondly, loading more supplies onto TF's will not help.
3 - Nagoya, Maizuru etc is drawing supplies away from Gifu. Actually, a double check and you've got a load of bases all drawing. Sure only 1K, but in your situation - they ae not going to gifu.

Basically, your supplies are in a big washing machine now floating from side to side without enough to cover the basics...drawing supplies will be ineffective.

This was a cursory look, given more time I would point out the number of repairs you have going on and a variety of other economic concerns ... are you interested in me doing that ?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/16/2012 6:28:33 AM >

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 17
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 6:40:37 AM   
n01487477

And within 2 turns... stockpiling off and all drawing off except Gifu.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 18
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 7:08:13 AM   
n01487477

Looking more at your situation... you really need to read up on your economics. See my sig.

1. Resources are at 7 days.
2. Fuel at 37 days.
3. HI and LI are failing cause of this lack.Esp. Resources. This means less supplies being produced.
4. You have not moved enough Resources out of Hokkaido, Sakhalin, Manchukuo, China back to the main Is.
5. Need to look at the Area's (table) to Honshu. Organise those convoys ...
6. Repairs ... 10K at base and 1K supply per point fixed. 868,000 supplies total. Ok, some are R&D.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/16/2012 7:09:09 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 19
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 7:56:21 AM   
n01487477

And more for you to consider...Playing as the Japanese - you really need to understand the fundamentals. Learning through mistakes is a good way to go and I hope that you'll dig deeper into the game and what is needed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 20
RE: Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? - 9/16/2012 4:10:32 PM   
Capt Cliff

Thanks n1487477. Why I posted was that only Gifu did not receive any supplies I was afraid my file was corrupted, but I see your point about the repair, build rate and resources.

Thanks again.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Restarting Engine Factory Production After Change? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI