Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016 Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 9/24/2020 1:15:11 PM   
bullwinklemoose57

Curious to see if there is any effort underway to update this game and improve graphics, WINX support and more.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 1681
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 9/24/2020 1:17:38 PM   
Cavalry Corp

One day someone will use all the info in the game to build another I suppose, so much work was done over the years - I see a time when it will be a pay as you play kind of thing rather than buy the game.

(in reply to bullwinklemoose57)
Post #: 1682
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 9/24/2020 4:31:09 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

One day someone will use all the info in the game to build another I suppose, so much work was done over the years - I see a time when it will be a pay as you play kind of thing rather than buy the game.

If the game still takes years to play through, I doubt anyone would want to "pay as you play". There will always be a segment of the population that wants the complexity and detail that allows for flexible strategic and operational thinking rather than "shoot and react" like most games.

The game could be offered in a fairly cheap starter version (to allow the player to try it out and see if the investment is worth it) and then a complete version at a higher price than the current game - I would have paid $200 for the game once I got a taste of it and realized how many years of play I would get. Let the people with short attention spans play other games and make owning this one a mark of pride in gameship.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 1683
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 12/18/2020 2:17:47 PM   
leftydad

Where exactly is the link for downloading this patch?

Thanks.

James

Post #: 1684
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 12/18/2020 2:43:51 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: leftydad

Where exactly is the link for downloading this patch?

Thanks.

The first post in the thread

(in reply to leftydad)
Post #: 1685
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 12/18/2020 3:11:54 PM   
leftydad

Thanks!

James

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 1686
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/19/2021 7:54:17 AM   
Ginetto

The ongoing public beta updates are excellent. Many thanks.
Just a small reminder (there are threads on this here and there) that if you're running on Windows 10, like most of us now, some fine tuning is needed in the target window under properties (right click on the BETA game icon).
In my experience this works best:
after ...edition.exe" space then -dd_sw -f -px1600 -py900 -deepColor Remember to put spaces between each switch.
In many systems leaving the window with just -w after .exe will make the game run slowly and jerkily.
When you run a game from the early years of this century, every machine will react in its own way. My two new ones, though, liked the formula above.

Gino

Post #: 1687
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/23/2021 9:44:56 PM   
dr.hal

Greetings fellow players, and Alfred! I've decided to join the living again and have taken up a game with an old friend in the UK and we are using the latest version, 26. HOWEVER, I have 26a loaded and he has 26b so I get a note before opening the game saying there are differing versions and do I want to continue! Well so true and I do! Given that my version is "older" I decided to upgrade and gee... guess what, it will NOT work. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it into the game folder (I put the unzipped exe file into a number of places) launched the exe file and it said "installed"!!! But when I open the game, it still says version 26a no matter WHERE I install the exe file. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing, or indeed what I'm doing wrong so I thought I would ask for some guidance. I have read about a beta2 folder but don't understand what that is and why I would need it. Also I'm not sure if I need to create a new short cut to launch the new version from my desktop. Clearly the game is running, as the difference between the two updates is minor (and of course I'm beating my opponent's butt, as we are on turn 3 and he has already begged my to allow him to surrender), HOWEVER I would like to understand what I'm doing wrong. My computer is old with Windows 7 Pro. I keep it "old" just for WITP!!!! I'm sorry to reappear with this boring message, I wish it could have been something more entertaining like the announcement of the birth of my first grandchild, however as I've never knowingly fathered ANYTHING or ANYONE, no grandkids are on the menu. Thus this will have to do. And greetings Alfred, I'll be in touch if you're still on with the manual. Cheers all and happy gaming. Hal

(in reply to Ginetto)
Post #: 1688
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/24/2021 4:36:44 AM   
Kull

Nice to see you back, Doctor! Trugrit has a nice thread on how to install WitPAE (and get it to work), and it includes several screen shots which talk about the Beta patach and where it's installed and how to make it work.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 1689
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/24/2021 12:38:29 PM   
dr.hal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

Nice to see you back, Doctor! Trugrit has a nice thread on how to install WitPAE (and get it to work), and it includes several screen shots which talk about the Beta patach and where it's installed and how to make it work.

Thanks Kull, that's a great link and reference. I appreciate it very much. Hal

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 1690
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/24/2021 9:17:35 PM   
rustysi

Its really great to see you post again Doc. I've been wondering.

I too run Win7 and have 1126b loaded up. IIRC it asks you to create a new shortcut. Say yes and run if from there to get going.

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I did and had no problem.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 6/24/2021 9:22:57 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 1691
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/24/2021 9:31:46 PM   
dr.hal

Thanks Rusty, you're kind to even have noticed that I wasn't around for a while!!!! Thanks for the input. Yes it did ask me to create a shortcut. My problem is I don't know what file to create the short cut from and in what folder I open and "install" the "b" upgrade. As I understand it, short cuts are a simple method to "point" to an executable file that opens a program from a "remote" location such as one's desktop without going into the program folder itself (let me know if I have that wrong). Therefore I'm sure that "pointing" the shortcut is critical to the process. Unfortunately I don't seem to have my pointer on right!!! Do I have that right, or am I way off base here??? Hal BTW Rusty, I don't think it "asked" me to create a new shortcut, but I could wrong here. I DID read on El Cid's page that you need to create a new shortcut however. I can easily try again and reinstall to be sure. Hal

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 1692
RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 1... - 6/24/2021 9:49:16 PM   
rustysi

Yeah Doc, I'm not such a great Windows guy. As a matter of fact I've always hated it.

That being said I remember (I think, and its been a while) it wanted me to create a new shortcut when I installed 1126b. I do know that I have two shortcuts on my desktop for WitP-AE. One 1126a and the other 1126b.

quote:

As I understand it, short cuts are a simple method to "point" to an executable file

AFAIK, that's correct and what's needed in this instance. 1126b needs to have its own executable. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of the 'gurus' here will correct my misguidance.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 1693
Page:   <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 07 - Unofficial Public Beta - 1126b updated 17 Sept 2016 Page: <<   < prev  53 54 55 56 [57]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI