Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rumors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rumors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rumors - 2/1/2001 1:45:00 PM   
B52g

Is this true? Could it be? There is this wonderful rumor on fpradio.com that the Mega Campaign is comming back! I had the joy of playing the original "Operation Husky" part of the Mega Campaign for SP1. Unfortunatly, it died before it could be totally completed. I loved the thing, I wish all campaigns were like that. That kind of campaign with this new Steel Panthers? Too good to be true. Conformations? Denials?

John
Post #: 1
- 2/1/2001 3:42:00 PM   
StuNZ

Could you elaborate on the Mega campaign for SP1 a bit? I'd heard of it, but never saw it, nor got the details about it. What was it, a higher level shell over SP with large numbers of formations that dropped you down to SP to play out the tactical battles?

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 2
- 2/1/2001 4:24:00 PM   
B52g

Sure, It was like a regular campaign, but it was much more elaborate. There were many more different paths that you could take to victory. Many more battles to fight, you could lose some and still win the campaign. But the best part was that you had to make descisions BEFORE the battles took place. You could get intel that was detailed, or not so detailed ( if the intel was even true). You could call up reserves, or leave them alone. You could use special forces and fight a special battle with them to achive a certain objective. But all of this costs points, so you have to be carefull. Example: In Operation Husky, the first thing you had to do was decide to use you Special Forces or not to take a Pier intact. If you succeed, your invasion forces would be better supplied when they landed. If you fail, the Italians would be aware of your upcomming amphibious assault, and would be better prepaired for you. I chose not to take the pier. It cost me about six battles later when the Germans came in with their armor and I had almost none because the pier was destroyed by the Italians. No pier, no armor. That kind of stuff, a descison you made in battle one comes back to kill you in battle six. I had a blast with it. You can replay a campaign over and over and fight different battles each time. But I imagine if they did it now, It would probably have even more stuff. The Matrix team is just a tad more advanced then things were for the original Steel panthers. I hope its true.

John

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 3
- 2/3/2001 8:44:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 4
- 2/3/2001 9:17:00 AM   
StuNZ

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Wild Bill
Eevvilll I tell you, evil.... Thanks for the info B52g, sounds like they've a trick or two up the sleeve beyond that though .

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 5
- 2/3/2001 10:22:00 AM   
B52g

I dont doubt it for a second, Stunz!

John

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 6
- 2/3/2001 12:41:00 PM   
Wild Bill

That rates a double WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 7
- 2/3/2001 1:09:00 PM   
Bonzo

Here we go into "Wonderland" with WB as the Cheshire Cat (all we can see is his grin) David as the White Rabbit (Rush Rush). The Mad Hatter has obviously been working on the OOBs. I shudder to think which one of us is supposed to be Alice. LOL ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com E-mail [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 8
- 2/3/2001 6:28:00 PM   
Don Doom

As the sherman rolls down the country road, the commander looks back to see the armored infantry in their haft tracks following eating his tanks dust, suddenly there is a large noise and the driver is screaming in pain as the tank runs it to the tree next to the road. As the crew tries to get the injured driver out the commander looks down the road wondering what had hit the when he see's an massive german tank roll out from behind an old french church, and as he watches the tank fires again and the sherman brews up killing the rest of the crew. Then the King tiger turen his attenion to haft tracks, Oberest Wild Bill has added another rookie SPWAW player to his collection. That is what I think is behind those grins of his. Doom

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to B52g)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rumors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI