Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armistice Day 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Armistice Day 1942 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armistice Day 1942 - 6/24/2013 5:30:24 PM   
John 3rd

November 11, 1942
Combat Report

Massive movement from one side of the ocean to another as well as emergency transport to endangered areas mark this wild turn.

North Pacific
Calm as a milk pond. Have lifted off all non-North Pacific units and they are headed to the Central and South Pacific. Some have been diverted to the DEI Emergency.

Central Pacific
Ditto.

South Pacific
KB moves across the Coral Sea scooting along the northern coast UNSPOTTED. AOs follow.

2nd ID moves past Milne Bay moving due west. It is CAPped.

Move about 250 aircraft from this region west.

DEI
Numerous TF moving towards the threatened region.

Will have eight SS in the Invasion Zone within two days.

Got to be ready to switch my Convoying Nexus from Singapore to Manila ASAP. Will continue here for a bit but am watchful. Pull Nagato and the other BB present from repair and will send them to Hong Kong. Need those two old girls for upcoming operations.

COCOS may be the single most important base next to Port Blair in this situation. It strikes out this turn baby! I've reduced the Nell Range down to Range 16 and they sink a pair of AKs and damage another pair. Begin moving a CD unit here to enhance its defenses.

Sumatra
ALLIED LANDINGS:
THIRTEEN TF land at Sabang this turn. Major units: SW Pacific HQ, 27th ID, 18th Brit ID, and 1st Marine Div. Numerous Base Forces and Engineers. It falls after being nailed by a strike of 39 F4F, 93 SBD, 12 Swordfish, and 58 Avengers. Another strike sink a pair of TK and PC that didn't get away fast enough.

Sinabang: 3 Invasion Forces

Nias: 2 Invasion Forces

Siberoet: 1 Invasion Force

Move strike aircraft in Padang and Benkoelen for short-ranged attack. Same thing at Georgetown.

JAPANESE LANDINGS:
Detailed in above Posts.

At Tandjoengbalai: This TF was to land at Sabang THIS turn but is now dropping off everything at this base. LOTS of support and engineers. They will begin digging and expanding facilities ASAP. Have just a small Daitai of Zeros to fly CAP. This will change next turn.

Port Blair is under regular attack by B-24s. Move a batch of Tojos there to change this some. Mutsu is found as two 500lb bombs hit her this turn. set strike aircraft to fly from here trying to catch TF returning to Ceylon. Have 12 Emily arrive and fly a tight search sweep between Sumatra and Ceylon.

Burma
GOOD NEWS: My three Divisions (two ID and 2nd TK) extricate themselves from hex 57,46 and move out. 2nd TK heads for Magwe. The two ID move out for those jungle hexes south of Magwe to take up position.

Summary:
Things are SCARY now but given a few days we'll achieve parity in the air and them should have superiority.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 6/24/2013 5:38:05 PM >

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 991
RE: Goodness! - 6/24/2013 5:39:12 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdmNelson

John

You have the experience to handle the situation. I should know.

Thanks Lew. AS soon as I know about 6.0 I'll let you know!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to AdmNelson)
Post #: 992
Eastern Sumatra - 6/24/2013 5:42:23 PM   
John 3rd

The TF shown at Tand has nearly unloaded all of its troops but I REALLY need the 20,000 supply it carries. I forgot to attach this sceenshot to the last Post:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 6/24/2013 5:43:20 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 993
RE: Eastern Sumatra - 6/24/2013 6:16:58 PM   
zuluhour

Is Palambang producing supply in this Mod?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 994
RE: Eastern Sumatra - 6/24/2013 6:18:25 PM   
John 3rd

Thankfully: YES! It is an issue that must be addressed but I'll take what I can get right now.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 995
RE: Eastern Sumatra - 6/24/2013 6:25:31 PM   
zuluhour

Never experienced the Sumatra situation you face now; I follow closely. I know I'm still a "B" player as I have no idea how to mount anything more than a division sized amphibious counter attack in 1942 as allies. I struggle so mightly with PPs, not to mention engineers and base forces during this time. I chalk it up to the romantic way I play as opposed to the brass tacks of the system itself. The only advice I have is beware knee jerk reactions and whiplash.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 996
RE: Eastern Sumatra - 6/24/2013 8:35:25 PM   
John 3rd

This will be a challenge to say the least. It is a well conceived attack BUT it must be supported from the sea and his bases of supply are a long way away at Ceylon. He now must support ALL his troops in Burma as well as Sumatra from India. That will not be easy. Time to move in a CRAPLOAD of SS!

Must take command of the air and then the sea.

Currently have the 2nd ID on the way from Munda. The 14th will follow from Lunga and the 10th ID was bought out at Shanghai. The 2nd and 10th are on 18 Knot Convoys. They land on eastern Sumatra to stabilize things. The 14th will probably head for western Sumatra.

I got called in to work for 3-4 hours and am there now wondering why days off are never DAYS OFF??!!

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 6/24/2013 8:54:54 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 997
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 9:11:57 PM   
whippleofd

quote:

How many Scouters do we have here?

I only went to Webelos. I did however take three groups of boys from Tigers through second year Webelos. First for my son. Then for my Nephew. And finally because the pack had no parent who would step up from the incomming tigers. But after 15 years, I'm done at that level. Now I'm the merit badge counselor for Nuclear Science and Chemistry.

Whipple

MMCS(SW/AW) 1981-2001
1981 RTC, SD
81-82 NPS, Orlando
82-85 NPTU, Idaho Falls
85-90 USS Truxtun (CGN-35)
90-93 USS George Washington (CVN-73)
93-96 NFAS Orlando
96-01 Navsea-08/Naval Reactors

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 998
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 9:35:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
How many Scouters do we have here?

Life scout here. Had all the pre-reqs for Eagle, but our family moved to another state when I was at that point. Let's just say that I had different priorities at age 17.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 999
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 10:05:40 PM   
AcePylut

Eagle Scout. Be Prepared. Trustworthy, helpful, loyal, friendly, curteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1000
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 10:13:40 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

Eagle Scout. Be Prepared. Trustworthy, helpful, loyal, friendly, curteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent.

Hey Eagle scout. You mixed up the order between loyal and helpful.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 1001
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 10:36:03 PM   
AcePylut

Must have been a mis-print in the Boy Scout Field Manual - that, or 25 years of age since hit rank :)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1002
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 11:03:26 PM   
John 3rd

Well welcome fellow BSA types. Most meaningful to me was staffing a wonderful 10+ years at Ben Delatour Scout Ranch near Red Feather Lakes, CO. Spent every summer from 15-25 there. It is 3,000+ acres of pure Rocky Mountain beauty. Ran the rifle range for 4 years and was known as 'Ben Delatour's Happy Capitalist' running the Trading Post for 6+ years. Good times.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 1003
RE: Let's Play! - 6/24/2013 11:50:59 PM   
ny59giants

I didn't get too far in BSA, but I lived the experiences from an early age. My step-father was a high school English teacher and boy scout leader through 8th grade for me. From 2nd through 8th grade I spend every summer at boy scout camp as he was waterfront director. I went on over night camp outs even when I was still in cub scouts. Those damn deer flies are nasty. The camp was outside a very small town called Ava which is just north of Rome, NY. Some good memories there.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1004
Wow. - 6/25/2013 12:40:59 AM   
John 3rd

I KNEW that when Dan would attack he would bring the Kitchen Sink. HOLY CRAP! I think he brought along two or three of them.

East of Sinabang are his CVs in the Ocean Hex.

We've got landings (usually 2-3 ship Invasion Forces to test what is there and THEN he decides where to land) all along the western islands and at Sibolga. On the eastern side he tries to grab Langsha cheap. Doesn't work. Continue flying troops into Langsha as well as Medan. Bringing in about 50 men to put something at Phuket (using 8 Mavis TR).

Make some serious nibbles at him and begin to attrit his CV Air. Tomorrow will feature the First Tojo Sweeps seeking to KILL Wildkittens. The only way I will drive him away is to hurt his air groups some.

We are pretty much at the prayer rug stage of holding on. Those Infantry Divisions are a LONG way away!

Am trying to maintain optimism but this looks horrific at the moment...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 6/25/2013 12:43:28 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1005
Stepping Out - 6/25/2013 12:42:14 AM   
John 3rd

Am going swimming with the family and will make a serious Post when we get back. Will tackle the 11-13 turn as well.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1006
RE: Wow. - 6/25/2013 1:14:08 AM   
pws1225

quote:

Am trying to maintain optimism but this looks horrific at the moment...

Yea buddy, Dan dealt you quite the body blow with this one. Sumatra is right in the middle of everything you need. But as you've said, if he struck that deeply, then he is also strung out a bit too. How you respond now is everything. Take counsel from those much wiser than me on the best way to go from here. Think, then think again, on how to best respond to make Dan's aggression. Then, perhaps after you have considered all options and chosen a best course of action, you will throw the invaders back into the sea.

Best regards, Paul

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1007
RE: Wow. - 6/25/2013 9:24:59 PM   
kjnoel

Your natural reaction (and CR's expectation) will be to seek a carrier battle instantly and this may well be the best course, but.... Is the aim to destroy the carriers or to get them away from Sumatra? Long term it doesn't really matter if you destroy them, medium term there is huge value in their destruction, but short term maybe removing their cover from Sumatra is the objective?

CR will be confident that you can't eject him from Sumatra (your comment about the 3 kitchen sinks) and, from a firepower perspective, he may be right. If he has no supplies, however, that firepower is useless. Is there value in using KB to shutdown the supply route between Ceylon and Sumatra, but dancing around to deny the carrier battle? Your LBA is far stronger than his (numbers, not necessarily quality) so you should be able to keep Sumatra and Ramree suppressed and burning supplies. Absent his carriers you can easily control the straits of Malacca with LBA and SCTFs, burn his supplies and keep his forts from building while you ship in reinforcements. Ramree would remain key here so he can't just fly in reinforcement LBA.

If you seek a carrier battle and are forced to retire due to damage (even if you win) he will keep control of the sealanes and you are doomed. He would, I bet, be willing to hurl SCTF after SCTF at your surface forces (assuming the absence of air) as he will win a war of attrition; he wouldn't be able to keep the straits closed but the IO would become a no-go area for you.

Even if you don't buy this (and to be perfectly honest I am not sure it's a great idea anyway) I imagine that his conviction of you hunting down his CVs will be firmly fixed in his mind so he will seek a confontation under his terms (under Ceylon or Sumatra LBA). Therefore he'll either leave his sealanes undefended in the knowledge you will ignore them for greater game....cue interdiction with bombs, save the torps.... or he will clear the decks so that you have to approach his chosen battleground.... and then there's no supply flowing and a distracted CAP in Sumatra with two aims or his CVs sat in Ceylon..

Just ramblings from the peanut gallery.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 1008
RE: Wow. - 6/25/2013 9:38:55 PM   
BigBadWolf

This is a master stroke and one of the JFB's worst nightmares. I was always very scared of allied invasion in this region in my games, this game pushed that fear into paranoia.

Now, the things are out in the open and at least you can make some solid plans. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. If you lose this fight, it's game over. It's win or die for you here. Bring everything you can and bring it fast. All those planes you have in New Guinea region should already be hoping north. Unleash the full might of Imperial Naval Air Service. Burma Tojos should already be sweeping every base he has captured. Never mind the loses or odds. You can always produce all the planes you need, he can't. If you can amass 1500 land based airplanes in the region, you will wipe the floor with him. There's no way he can resist that. It only takes one good coordinated strike against his CVs to change the situation drastically

2. Keep KB back. Do not rush in. I know it's tempting, but it's too risky. KB is more valuable as fleet in being right now than fighting force. AFB are scared out of their wits by it, especially in 1942. It will cause him all sort of trouble just guessing where and when you will strike. Only when you are sure of victory should you send it in. Let LBA do all the heavy lifting.

3. Speed is now most important. It will come down to how fast you rotate your front. Keep communications open. Every AP you have should be sailing troops north.

My $.02, anyway

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 1009
RE: Wow. - 6/25/2013 10:07:12 PM   
Paladin1dcs

I keep seeing JFBs saying "this is a war winner for the AFBs" but I have to ask, what if this is a massive recon-in-force, aimed at hitting with enough power that you're forced to respond, but is not actually his main thrust?

I mean, what forces have you ACTUALLY seen land? I'm not saying that this isn't a real invasion, or even that this isn't a real major invasion in a critical area, but what I am saying is what if this is a major invasion at the one point which is guaranteed to force a JFB to respond so that CR can carry out his actual invasions against other targets, such as those in PG? Is Canoerebel the type of player who would sacrifice a large number of troops knowingly, just to get the KB to respond so he can land unopposed elsewhere?

After all, he's got you responding to his moves now, so who's to say that wasn't his intent all along? You've had some great success earlier in the war due to knowledge of CR's habits, such as the NorPac theater, but that knowledge goes both ways. He knows your tendencies as well, and I suspect that he's using those tendencies to lure the KB out of position, even if for just a few days.

I can't offer you an answer, as I don't know enough about the two of you to even begin to offer detailed advice as to what to do, but I can say that I think you need to stop and consider the possibility that you're being had.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 1010
RE: Wow. - 6/26/2013 3:31:42 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

This is a master stroke and one of the JFB's worst nightmares. I was always very scared of allied invasion in this region in my games, this game pushed that fear into paranoia.

Now, the things are out in the open and at least you can make some solid plans. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. If you lose this fight, it's game over. It's win or die for you here. Bring everything you can and bring it fast. All those planes you have in New Guinea region should already be hoping north. Unleash the full might of Imperial Naval Air Service. Burma Tojos should already be sweeping every base he has captured. Never mind the loses or odds. You can always produce all the planes you need, he can't. If you can amass 1500 land based airplanes in the region, you will wipe the floor with him. There's no way he can resist that. It only takes one good coordinated strike against his CVs to change the situation drastically

2. Keep KB back. Do not rush in. I know it's tempting, but it's too risky. KB is more valuable as fleet in being right now than fighting force. AFB are scared out of their wits by it, especially in 1942. It will cause him all sort of trouble just guessing where and when you will strike. Only when you are sure of victory should you send it in. Let LBA do all the heavy lifting.

3. Speed is now most important. It will come down to how fast you rotate your front. Keep communications open. Every AP you have should be sailing troops north.

My $.02, anyway

I disagree. CR is a long way from supplies. John get's his air superiority and then he can start egging enemy ground units to slow down their advance. In an above post John noted a Jar-head Division plus SW Pacific HQ. Is that an HQa or a Command HQ? If it's command it gives die roll adjustments to ground combat - if it's an air HQ then CR can run torpedo AC... In any case it sounds from John's earlier posts that CR came in strength. Recon flights can confirm this.

John can pull this off. He mentions his divisional assets are a ways off but that will give him time to get air superiority. Bleed CRs AC. CR can't have to much AC to throw into this - right? John's subs and his carriers can blockade any attempts by CR to resupply. This close to home John has to have a bigger kitchen sink or three to throw back @ CR. And his repair facilities and supply line is closer and safer. And Japan can make lotsa aircraft PDQ...

Time-wise it will probably throw off some of John's other plans but this war is still young. Contrary to popular opinion, John's got plenty of time.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 1011
RE: Wow. - 6/26/2013 3:38:16 AM   
zuluhour

I would have to disagree here. There appears no less than seven US units on the ground. That would represent a very large PP purchase for a feint. The number of invasion sites gives Dan more chances at developing an advanced base structure even should he experience one or two set backs. When two or three of them reach level five John is in for a pounding. I believe he must concentrate on cutting allied supply to Sumatra and maintaining air superiority as long as possible while trying to dislodge him quickly on the ground. I would hope the brightest JFBs would huddle up with John for moral support as well as scrutinizing the situation for possible courses of action. It will be interesting to see just what exactly Dan has brought with him, particularly from the states.

To John: I thought it was coming through south west Pacific as well. I thought Dan was having second thoughts for several days and might bag it. Totally fooled. Personaly, I would think the off shore landings the most dangerous as they require far more effort and resources to dislodge. This would be the time in a game (like when I lost 4 carriers to none) when a billiard night at the O club and bottomless stein might be required.

(in reply to Paladin1dcs)
Post #: 1012
RE: Armistice Day 1942 - 6/26/2013 4:32:55 AM   
Capt. Harlock

Re: Paladin

I keep seeing JFBs saying "this is a war winner for the AFBs" but I have to ask, what if this is a massive recon-in-force, aimed at hitting with enough power that you're forced to respond, but is not actually his main thrust?

I mean, what forces have you ACTUALLY seen land?

quote:

Sumatra
ALLIED LANDINGS:
THIRTEEN TF land at Sabang this turn. Major units: SW Pacific HQ, 27th ID, 18th Brit ID, and 1st Marine Div. Numerous Base Forces and Engineers.

If he has committed Engineers and Base Forces, this ain't no feint.

< Message edited by Capt. Harlock -- 6/26/2013 4:34:00 AM >

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1013
RE: Wow. - 6/26/2013 7:14:57 AM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

My $.02, anyway

I disagree. CR is a long way from supplies. John get's his air superiority and then he can start egging enemy ground units to slow down their advance. In an above post John noted a Jar-head Division plus SW Pacific HQ. Is that an HQa or a Command HQ? If it's command it gives die roll adjustments to ground combat - if it's an air HQ then CR can run torpedo AC... In any case it sounds from John's earlier posts that CR came in strength. Recon flights can confirm this.

John can pull this off. He mentions his divisional assets are a ways off but that will give him time to get air superiority. Bleed CRs AC. CR can't have to much AC to throw into this - right? John's subs and his carriers can blockade any attempts by CR to resupply. This close to home John has to have a bigger kitchen sink or three to throw back @ CR. And his repair facilities and supply line is closer and safer. And Japan can make lotsa aircraft PDQ...

Time-wise it will probably throw off some of John's other plans but this war is still young. Contrary to popular opinion, John's got plenty of time.

Disagree with what, that speed is of the essence? Dunno, once CR digs in, it will be that much harder to evict him. Plus, the number of targets of opportunity he has is terrifying. Landing in Malaya would really hurt right about now. Not to mention Palembang port will be in range of his bombers.

The sooner John starts pushing back, the better.

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1014
RE: Armistice Day 1942 - 6/26/2013 7:45:05 AM   
John 3rd

GREAT conversation Gents!

Sorry I haven't Posted but life here has been rather chaotic. I own/manage a Subway here in La Salle and my Ass't Manager's son has severe asthma issues. He got admitted into the hospital today for a 48 hours because they are having all sorts of issues getting things working. With our exceedingly dry air I couldn't imagine what this kid might go through in a place with humidity. The point of this is that I am now Opening the store (6am) Wed--Thurs--Fri this week prior to my family and I taking a couple of days off and going up into the Mountains again. This time we are going to North Park (Gould, CO). The odds of me keeping a turn a day going for through Friday is pretty slim. It is possible but only just...

I sent back the 11-14 turn and things are downright scary, however, I am getting to be fighting mad! He had the audacity to send 3 DD down the coast and hit Singapore's shipping. I've been clearing the TKs and high value AKs for the last two days but he did manage to catch a pair of TF and SMASH them! Lost 3 PB and 11 AK. Depressing and audacious.

As to points asked above:
1. Airpower is rapidly expanding. Problem is that he controls nearly all of northern Sumatra and has even bounced over to Pluket, Langkari, and is even attempting to grab Alor Star. I need more BF and Support troops but am trying to dodge his damned small STF. Good NEWS is that I landed an Air Division at Oosthaven so I can base Betty-Nell from there. Have another Air Division unloading (if it isn't smashed by a STF) at Victoria Point. Air Floitllas are based at Cocos and Pt Blair. Am trying NOT to throw in my airpower piecemeal. This hsall be the first REAL turn that Japanese IJN/IJA aircraft make a concerted attempt to sink some shipping.

2. He has brought EVERYTHING. Add at least two more American ID to the ground forces as well as smaller Inf units (Marine Def Bn for example and TK units). I think what Dan is trying to do is somewhat gamey of where he sends abunch of Invasion Forces to various targets, begins landing, sees what is there, and then decides to bring in more or not. Important note: Nearly everything is not prepped whatsoever! He has landed a full Inf Div at Sibolga and they have an Assault Value of ZERO. That won't last long though. Am holding fairly well along the east coast where I still have Langsha, Medan, and Tand???. Problem is that Tand??? has got lots of HQ and Support units but next to no infantry.

Thank goodness I had all those TR getting ready to use in Burma. Right now nearly 200 TR are moving the 4th, 48th, and Imperial Guards by dribbles to the contested areas. Alor Star is a major threat. I have elements of Imp Guards and a SNLF unit being flown in. Tomorrow a portion of the THAI ID should arrive by rail. He has parts of the 18th ID there. Order my Sally to bomb this unit so I do not lose the base. This would be VERY bad.

3. My CA TF that was going to be used to bombard Cooktown is now nearly at Cocos (4 CA, modern CL, and 6 DD). I will divide this TF into two parts and move them to the edge of the board to hunt convoys going from Australia to Sumatra. The CVEs (6 CVE, 1 CL, and 10 DD) are a day behind the CAs. They will be divided into two TF and will also HUNT TF. I want to draw those US CVs AWAY from Sumatra. KB is rounding the SW Corner of New Guinea and booking it to Soerabaja.

The thinking with KB is correct. I want to hit his CVs but it is more important to pull them away from Sumatra so I can bring in reinforcements and attrit his airpower and ground units. We must stabilize the situation if possible. Cocos is the KEY. I am moving AKE, AS, AD, and any other form of support ship there. Luckily I had three of the big 11,500T AOs at Balikpapan. They are loaded and moving towards Cocos to support the Fleet.

4. Michael suggested I start a notebook on which unit is moving from where with my LCUs. Didn't think too much of that to start with but will start one tomorrow. 2nd ID negotiated the area around Port Moresby and Horn with no interference. He is allowing me to make these moves without any intervention from Australia. This may be a mistake. I am leaving enough airpower here and ground strength to still provide and pretty good bloody nose if he moves north. The 14th ID has departed Lunga and moving the same path as the 2nd. Have grabbed a BUNCH of my CD units to help in the threatened area to. The 10th ID departed Shanghai three days ago at is set at FULL SPEED. It has passed Formosa heading for Singapore.

5. Two 50-60,000 Supply TF have left Japan to help bolster the supply situation down there.

Give me a minute and I will Post a new and even more horrific screenshot of the current situation.

Keep helping guys. I am trying to think this thing through from many different angles and appreciate any and all ideas. Have already read a couple of good ones above. Keep it coming...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1015
Singers vs. DDs - 6/26/2013 7:48:01 AM   
John 3rd

Here is that AWFUL shot of the US move down to Singapore:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1016
Burma South - 6/26/2013 7:52:15 AM   
John 3rd

First of two shots. This Burma looking south to about Langsha. LOOK at al the Invasion Forces and STF!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1017
...down to Singapore - 6/26/2013 7:55:29 AM   
John 3rd

Second shot looking down from Langsha to Singapore. Look at all the TF landing on the OUTER Islands. Those are total undeveloped. I understand taking them but don't see the value when everything else is, more or less, ripe for the picking...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1018
RE: Wow. - 6/26/2013 8:41:59 AM   
MrBlizzard

this appears to be the main menace, and a very damgerous one, it's a knife in the heart of oilfields. Japan hasn't a choice, John has to strike back the much harder he can, and I think he is already doing that.
The landings appear very fragmented, many locations...if CR divides his forces it will be easier to pull them back, but I'm afraid CR will strong reinforce only some of them. And with complete surprise he surely is dropping plenty of supplies. John is going to block reinforcements from Ceylon but he has to commit KB to achieve this leaving open many doors all around the empire. Sumatra beacheads appear to be undefendable by the Allied in the medium term at this point of the game. If CR keeps committing everything here I think it will be a major victory for Japan. Allied best move at this point is IMHO to advance elsewhere. All the doors will be soon open. If John can manage to dislodge CR from Sumatra before he can mount another easy push elsewere there will be a success.
Of course I hope to see soon a CV clash, they're always a good show!
Very nice game

Edit: John this was posted before seen your last posts, in replay to other readers. my strategic evaluations of course remain the same.

< Message edited by MrBlizzard -- 6/26/2013 9:00:12 AM >

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 1019
RE: Wow. - 6/26/2013 8:51:19 AM   
DHRedge

I started reading your AAR, and there is some good information, the Reluctant Admiral patch is interesting, after looking at the first dozen pages.
I like many things about your posts, and there are good ideas there also.

I do have one question.

In the Air To Ship Reports, when it shows ships hit.
Why does it show ships hit with Pies?
TT

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 1020
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Armistice Day 1942 Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI