Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Good Ole Days

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Good Ole Days Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Good Ole Days - 3/23/2016 4:40:34 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

I only used TTs on 1/3 of my CVs last turn. I rotate my usage so I have at least 3-4 days worth when entering into heavy combat.

Neat, but how did you know to limit the torpedo strikes yesterday?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1831
RE: The Good Ole Days - 3/23/2016 5:19:11 PM   
crsutton

A nice haul of ships. I think Dan is a little too casual about losing ships but he seems to know what he is doing and what he will need in the future. Only thing that matters is the LSTs.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1832
RE: The Good Ole Days - 3/23/2016 11:28:16 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

I only used TTs on 1/3 of my CVs last turn. I rotate my usage so I have at least 3-4 days worth when entering into heavy combat.

As I said earlier, Dan is very cautious with his CVs. As soon as Kido Butai was spotted he started moving slowly eastwards withdrawing from the combat area. Simple deduction to know he would not initially give battle before gaining insight into my firepower. I've played this man for nearly 10 years. There is something to be said for that...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1833
RE: The Good Ole Days - 3/23/2016 11:29:18 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

A nice haul of ships. I think Dan is a little too casual about losing ships but he seems to know what he is doing and what he will need in the future. Only thing that matters is the LSTs.

I concur. We are nearly at 1,000 Allied ships sunk. That is a HUGE number. Does it make a difference? Not really but it sure is something. As to LSTs, we did bag 11 of them. Not bad at all.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1834
RE: The Good Ole Days - 3/24/2016 12:28:36 AM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

quote:

As I said earlier, Dan is very cautious with his CVs. As soon as Kido Butai was spotted he started moving slowly eastwards withdrawing from the combat area. Simple deduction to know he would not initially give battle before gaining insight into my firepower. I've played this man for nearly 10 years. There is something to be said for that...

You do pull off the most amazing wins at sea.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1835
RE: Air Production - 3/24/2016 2:08:49 AM   
Lowpe

quote:

Ok, I was double checking your plane r&d,and I read the table more closely - especially plane available dates and what plane upgrades.

I think you should punch the panic button on two air frames and radically increase r&d of them.

Frank A: You need it now; with an arrival date of 3/44 but more importantly an upgrade to the B model there is no excuse for you not to double the r&d. You will need immediate production, but also r&d on the B and then R model. I am assuming the B model upgrades to the R.

You are in the enviable position of fielding the B model thanks to the upgrade path.

Sam: lets face it, right now you have pitiful r&d allocated to it, and yet it will start production amazingly early in 44. Rush it now, and get the Sam J very early too! I think your carriers will have tough time countering Allied fighters in early 44...you could easily be flying Sams in early 44 too and Sam Js in late 44. Wow! Just wow.

I am not sure about the CV capable George and how well it compares to Sam, but you might want to think about r&d the CV George instead of the Sam if it is in the regular George upgrade path since you can convert existing plane builds back to r&d. Something to think about.

You need to doublecheck and see when you get the engine for the Sam...

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 3/24/2016 2:10:42 AM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1836
RE: Air Production - 3/24/2016 4:04:59 AM   
John 3rd

Lowpe: I have questions but won't be able to thoughtfully ask until tomorrow night. Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1837
June 8, 1943 - 3/24/2016 4:17:31 AM   
John 3rd

June 8, 1943

Aleutians
The weather clears over Dutch Harbor and the Kido Butai throws every Jill it has at the anchorage. The TB are set for 11,000 Ft Bombing. Three successive waves attack: 181 Zero--96 Jill, 13 Zero--83 Jill, and 14 Zero--37 Jill. They find an anchorage crowded with shipping AND CRAPLOADS of Flak Guns. Recon showed 4 units present here and they all appear to be heavy flak units. Jill after Jill is blasted. It is terrible to watch the cherry blossoms fall. Nearly SIXTY planes are blown out of the sky. Luckily only 35 pilots die. This is bad but not horrible.

Even as the planes fall, their bombs find targets throughout the anchorage. A summary of 12 AK, 5 LST, and 3 AP are hit. Two of the LSTs sink and several others will probably join them.

Stung by the unexpected resistance--and badly in need of fuel--KB retires towards Attu and the tender ministrations of 8 AOs.

Thoughts:
1. OUCH!
2. OUCH!!
3. I have stewed all day over the question of should KB stay here? The answer is no. We've slowed/stopped the expansion in time for reinforcements to arrive. The remaining bases are safe and LBA can deny Dan further trouble.

After fueling, Kido Butai will head back to Saipan. There they shall get some R&R, train, and wait. Several CVs need their upgrades and just might pull them out to do this.

Sumatra
The CA TF I formed a while back races out from Sabang and sink several AKs.

The 5th Infantry Division arrives at Sabang. These ID and 4 Engineer Reg will launch teir first attack in two days. The 4 Kongos and 3 BB will bombard the night before their united assault. Time to see how long this seige will have to take.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/24/2016 4:20:31 AM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1838
RE: June 8, 1943 - 3/24/2016 8:15:03 AM   
obvert

quote:

June 8, 1943

Aleutians
The weather clears over Dutch Harbor and the Kido Butai throws every Jill it has at the anchorage. The TB are set for 11,000 Ft Bombing. Three successive waves attack: 181 Zero--96 Jill, 13 Zero--83 Jill, and 14 Zero--37 Jill. They find an anchorage crowded with shipping AND CRAPLOADS of Flak Guns. Recon showed 4 units present here and they all appear to be heavy flak units. Jill after Jill is blasted. It is terrible to watch the cherry blossoms fall. Nearly SIXTY planes are blown out of the sky. Luckily only 35 pilots die. This is bad but not horrible.

Even as the planes fall, their bombs find targets throughout the anchorage. A summary of 12 AK, 5 LST, and 3 AP are hit. Two of the LSTs sink and several others will probably join them.

Stung by the unexpected resistance--and badly in need of fuel--KB retires towards Attu and the tender ministrations of 8 AOs.

Thoughts:
1. OUCH!
2. OUCH!!
3. I have stewed all day over the question of should KB stay here? The answer is no. We've slowed/stopped the expansion in time for reinforcements to arrive. The remaining bases are safe and LBA can deny Dan further trouble.

After fueling, Kido Butai will head back to Saipan. There they shall get some R&R, train, and wait. Several CVs need their upgrades and just might pull them out to do this.

I'm not an endgame guru, but there are people here who have played that part of the game successfully. They can help you get ready for it. I can just warn you about some of the mistakes I made going toward 45 and how they screwed me up in the endgame.

This is the kind of thing that I think fits into an early war, non-strategic tactical move in your use of the KB which at this stage becomes a more serious mistake. Sorry to be harsh, but I'd for one like to see this game go to the end, and for you to be successful in getting Japan there your use of the KB and other assets will have to alter sightly. Your thoughts about defending rather than attacking, or re-invading, will have to develop. You have to be willing to give non-essential territory and hope to take a tithe for it every time.

The less he knows about what you're doing and what you have and where it all is the longer his prep takes, the more chances you'll have to fight him on your turf, and the more chances you'll have to thwart the next invasion.

So ports strikes should be seriously off limits in this mod with the DBB flak against the Allies. You not only lost all of the pilots, but lost an opportunity to make him have to consider a fully stocked and ready KB was there and able to thwart any next efforts. You also lost a portion of the VPs you harvested the day before.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1839
RE: June 8, 1943 - 3/24/2016 2:12:48 PM   
John 3rd

Good truth in that statement. I have been playing that vanilla stock game against Herbie and flak is NOTHING like this. It is something I have issues with on the DBB Mods. All of ours are based off of DBB and so it is uniform pain.

I will not make the same mistake again. Luckily it didn't cost me that many good pilots.

The KB will refuel this turn and move south.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1840
RE: June 8, 1943 - 3/24/2016 3:17:33 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

So ports strikes should be seriously off limits in this mod with the DBB flak against the Allies. You not only lost all of the pilots, but lost an opportunity to make him have to consider a fully stocked and ready KB was there and able to thwart any next efforts. You also lost a portion of the VPs you harvested the day before.

It is amazing how impotent Japanese bombing becomes in the face of Allied AA, but Allied AA can't be everywhere. But it does denote a change in thinking in how you use all those Army bombers.

Think how impossible it would be to take back Sumatra without control of the skies. That control, led you to using round the clock naval bombardments. You pressed the fighter panic button then, and luckily had some frames capable of standing toe to toe with the Allies.

Then tell me you shouldn't press the panic button on your Army and Navy fighter design for 1944 now.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1841
RE: June 8, 1943 - 3/24/2016 3:18:05 PM   
crsutton

quote:

Good truth in that statement. I have been playing that vanilla stock game against Herbie and flak is NOTHING like this. It is something I have issues with on the DBB Mods. All of ours are based off of DBB and so it is uniform pain.

I will not make the same mistake again. Luckily it didn't cost me that many good pilots.

The KB will refuel this turn and move south.

Actually, I think flak is finally on the mark. By the end of 1943 the dive bomber was approaching obsolesce due to the growing power and accuracy of AA fire. Japan had pretty much stopped using carrier aircraft vs defended bases and even by the Guadalcanal campaign the weak Japanese bombers were restricted to bombing from very high altitudes anywhere but in China. The Allies were able to soldier on with the dive bomber only because the Japanese flak never really was up to the standards of other WWII combatants. But the Americans were wise enough not to use dive bombers in Europe. Considering the flak you were facing the results are spot on.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1842
June 9, 1943 - 3/24/2016 4:00:38 PM   
John 3rd

Sabang, Sumatra
25th Army HQ

Looking about the conference table (actually a set of boards spread over a pair of saw hourses) Yamashita looks into the faces of nine commanders staring at him.

"Gentlemen: This is it. This is our first assault on the perimeter of the Allied line at Sabang. You will make sure that my orders are followed to the letter: no Banzai Assault, no extra measures, wait for the chaos of our Naval Bombardment to be at its highest extent, then STRIKE. Your objective is this set of hills (all look at the current photos taken by Army Recon planes) between a seem in the lines of this American Independent Regiment and the British 18th Infantry Division. The goal here is to weaken the enemy line in preparation for further exploitation. Am I clear? It is not all out victory or death on this attack. Watch your Division's casualties and do your best. The Emperor himself will read of our attack."

Some of Japan's best Infantry Divisions are ready for a Deliberate Attack. All are at 100% prep, 25th Army HQ is 100% Prep and Southern Army Command (at Langsa) is 100% prepped. The Divisions: 19th ID 60% XP, 14th ID 77% XP, 38th ID 85% XP, 16th ID 79% XP, and 5th ID 92% XP. Every commander checked and all four Engineering Regiments checked.

All 4 Kongo's and 3 BBs will bombard the base and then the attack occurs.

Any bets?

Back at Langsa two full strength ID begin unloading (along with 35,000 supply). They will arrive to switch out with whatever units need to and be the strength needed for the FINAL assault.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/24/2016 4:01:27 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1843
RE: June 9, 1943 - 3/24/2016 4:08:37 PM   
pws1225

Good luck John. Hopefully this will put an end to the Allied incursions on the western side of the board for a very long time.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1844
RE: June 9, 1943 - 3/24/2016 4:19:50 PM   
John 3rd

How would the surrender of 150,000 Allied troops look in mid-1943? YUMMY! I'm just hoping to drop the Forts. No idea what the number is and this is why we rely on the heavy guns of the Fleet.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 1845
Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 12:23:31 AM   
John 3rd

June 10, 1943

Breaking the Japanese mindset when it comes to all-out attacks instead of measured, limited attacks can be very difficult for the Japanese mindset. Four of the five Japanese Infantry Division Commanders follow General Yamashita's orders to the letter. The duel bombardments by seven capital ships of the Japanese navy inflict serious losses on the 18th British Division as well as the American 37th ID (815 cas, 41 Guns, 64 Vehicles and the AF takes another 89 hits destroying 18 more aircraft). The star shell leaps into the sky signaling a night assault.

The engineers do excellent work and take few casualties. By morning all five Infantry Divisions are embroiled in the assault. Progress is slow but steady and by nightfall all objectives are taken. The trio of outlying hills command a better position commanding the approaches to Sabang's port. They Fall without too much trouble. The only issue comes in the Commanding General of the 38th Division. Tight control is lost and he flings his troops into a perceived breach. They takes serious losses but that is about it. The lines tighten and the first salient is hammered into the Allied perimeter. The Japanese gain a four by two mile addition to their position.

Binoculars scan from the new heights and the next assault begins to be planned.

HAH! The Deliberate Attack gains a 1-1 result (1920--1566). We find our that Dan had only been able to get the Forts up to 4. They are now at THREE.

Statistics: Japan 8581 Cas Allies 2232 Cas. Nearly 85% of the Japanese losses are disables. They'll be back soon...

BANZAI!!!

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1846
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 1:33:57 AM   
Sangeli

Nice! Now that those fort levels are lowered a bit those bombardments are going to get even more deadly. That's going to a nice haul of prisoners for labor camps.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 1847
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 10:33:57 AM   
obvert

Nice! Great to lower the forts.

I've forgotten, do you have a division or tow you can rotate in? Looks like at least one of yours (38th) needs extensive rest.

This is a good result for the first attack here. For the casualties, how many squads did each side lose? Hard to tell from casualty numbers what the real story is here.

You've been pretty patient and methodical with this situation, which I think has been a big plus. It didn't matter how long it took, and in fact he even lost a few more aircraft after he started to get a bit frantic and tried to get one last desperate hold on the place. Dan's very good at spinning results into some kind of advantage, but it's going to be hard to make yarn out of losing eight full divisions and a whole sack of other stuff in 43 with nothing to show for it.

How is Medan's oil doing with repairs, by the way? You will need all you can get.

< Message edited by obvert -- 3/25/2016 10:38:06 AM >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 1848
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 11:26:21 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sangeli

Nice! Now that those fort levels are lowered a bit those bombardments are going to get even more deadly. That's going to a nice haul of prisoners for labor camps.

Yeah a couple of more Changis, Palawans or Cabanatuans or Bataan Death Marches!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 1849
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 2:14:05 PM   
Lowpe

Great first attack!

Boy, you are really going to grab the victory points here! If the Allies lose all that, my goodness will that put a crimp in their ability to threaten multiple fronts.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 1850
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 2:34:22 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

Great first attack!

Boy, you are really going to grab the victory points here! If the Allies lose all that, my goodness will that put a crimp in their ability to threaten multiple fronts.

Damned STRAIGHT BABY!

Here is an actual screenshot of the losses from the assault:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1851
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 2:46:32 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

Nice! Great to lower the forts.

I've forgotten, do you have a division or tow you can rotate in? Looks like at least one of yours (38th) needs extensive rest.

This is a good result for the first attack here. For the casualties, how many squads did each side lose? Hard to tell from casualty numbers what the real story is here.

You've been pretty patient and methodical with this situation, which I think has been a big plus. It didn't matter how long it took, and in fact he even lost a few more aircraft after he started to get a bit frantic and tried to get one last desperate hold on the place. Dan's very good at spinning results into some kind of advantage, but it's going to be hard to make yarn out of losing eight full divisions and a whole sack of other stuff in 43 with nothing to show for it.

How is Medan's oil doing with repairs, by the way? You will need all you can get.

Guys: It really helps with morale to see all of you dialed in and tossing in your thoughts with developments and activities. Just wanted to say a quick thanks.

Regarding additional troops:
1. I have THREE Infantry Divisions set to rotate. The freshly unloaded full strength 116th and 4th ID have departed Langsa and are a hex up from that base. They'll arrive in Sabang in about seven days.

2. The 48th got beat-up pretty good a while back and it is now at an AV of over 340. Will let it go another week and then bring it north.

3. The attack above clearly showed that I brought no artillery to the fight. The hex limits had me convinced that there wasn't any room for it. Now, however, at Sabang I do have room. There are seven Artillery units waiting at Rangoon. Have ordered AKs to that base for a pickup. They might not arrive until the fight is done but why not grab them?

PLANS:
1. I've disbanded my BCs for the first time in two months. SYS Damage finally got over 10 on two of the Kongos and several Escorts. They've had three days of R&R and will get one more before going back into action.

2. Yamato isn't fully repaired from her combat damage. I pulled the BB out of the shipyard when SYS was fully repaired. There is still 22 FLOT Damage. Disband her for a few days as her SYS went to 2 and I don't want to tinker with 'bigger' issues.

3. Kido Butai is nearly at Yokohoma and Tokyo. I truly don't think ANY of those CVs have been home since the war started. Everyone gets a few days of R&R. Will allow upgrades on 2/3 of the CVs and move the rest to Saipan.

Medan's OIL is nearly 35 and I plan to repair to 50 presently. Once the campaign concludes I shall work to fully repair the centers. Have managed to keep up with production of both fuel and oil while this mess has been going. Just got done converting about 12-16 AK into TK to help with moving and transport.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/25/2016 3:44:05 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 1852
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 5:28:45 PM   
crsutton

quote:

Great first attack!

Well, the American divisions should be fairly quick to rebuild. (three, maybe four months) with little trouble. Indian and Australian can be rebuilt if you are a little creative in breaking down smaller units. I doubt the British division will ever get rebuilt. It is a big hit for Dan but not the end of the world. All other units are really no problem for the Allies to quickly rebuild. Sinking six carriers would have been a lot more significant. It has always been my contention as an Allied player that the Allies can recover from just about any early war disaster so long as they do not screw up and lose the carriers. It does limit his options in this theater for some time. I would call this contest a draw so far. Neither side had delivered a significant body blow. Been fun to watch so far.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1853
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 5:36:59 PM   
crsutton

quote:

quote:

Great first attack!

Well, the American divisions should be fairly quick to rebuild. (three, maybe four months) with little trouble. Indian and Australian can be rebuilt if you are a little creative in breaking down smaller units. I doubt the British division will ever get rebuilt. It is a big hit for Dan but not the end of the world. All other units are really no problem for the Allies to quickly rebuild. Sinking six carriers would have been a lot more significant. It has always been my contention as an Allied player that the Allies can recover from just about any early war disaster so long as they do not screw up and lose the carriers. It does limit his options in this theater for some time. I would call this contest a draw so far. Neither side had delivered a significant body blow. Been fun to watch so far.

A bigger loss is the experience. All of those units (except Marine) start with very average experience and it takes a grinding campaign to build them up. The Allies need grinding campaigns for this very purpose. He will be resetting the experience on what should now be some solid divisions. Still, 1943-44 Allied divisions are so much stronger than Japanese. He should be OK by the end of the year. Unless he loses another big one....

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1854
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 5:49:24 PM   
Lowpe

I agree, that in three months or so the Allies will be good to go again...but that is three months gained, time John should put to good use.

Every JFB would love wiping out all those troops in 43...the VP boost will help in 45 immensely.

But the battle isn't over yet. Close, but no cigar yet.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1855
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 7:07:02 PM   
kjnoel

Is it really so easy to shrug off the US losses?

There are 4 divisions in Sabang which [full strength] is something like 1000 rifle squads. The US Army gets 80 squads a month, so 960 a year. To rebuild these units will take a full year of replacements (not time, just squads). That is one huge bite out of the US war effort!

Am I missing something?

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1856
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/25/2016 7:46:18 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

There are 4 divisions in Sabang which [full strength] is something like 1000 rifle squads. The US Army gets 80 squads a month, so 960 a year. To rebuild these units will take a full year of replacements (not time, just squads). That is one huge bite out of the US war effort!

Am I missing something?

Possibly, yes. Are all 4 divisions U.S. Army, or are there units which can draw on other pools?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to kjnoel)
Post #: 1857
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/26/2016 12:44:05 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

I agree, that in three months or so the Allies will be good to go again...but that is three months gained, time John should put to good use.

Every JFB would love wiping out all those troops in 43...the VP boost will help in 45 immensely.

But the battle isn't over yet. Close, but no cigar yet.

I am figuring roughly 2-3 weeks to finish this campaign in Sumatra. The problem is going to be those troops in the Jungle where the 1st Marine ID is. He has moved most of his support troops to the hex between the marines and Sabang. They will be easy to drive out/surrender. Sabang will get hit again in two days time...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1858
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/26/2016 12:45:21 AM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

Great first attack!

I think this is bigger than just buy back and refill, and the VPs gained don't go away. The experience is a big factor, the time it will take even if he gets to buy them back soon, and the PPs themselves. You only get so many.

The Allies still own one hex in addition to Sabang. Could the IJ move out of that one once Sabang is about to fall and let the Allies have a retreat path? The question is, without another base on the island would they retreat? If they did they could sit there for a good while.

As kjnoel points out too, it's a lot of squads, plus devices that will be even harder to fill as many of the regiments and smaller units don't have a lot of those devices in numbers.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 1859
RE: Sabang, Rd 1 - 3/26/2016 12:45:25 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

Am I missing something?

Possibly, yes. Are all 4 divisions U.S. Army, or are there units which can draw on other pools?

We have the 1st Marine Div and two Marine Regiments, 2 US Army ID and 3-4 Ind Reg, the 20th Indian Division, and 18th British ID.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1860
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: The Good Ole Days Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI