Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using "PhibFors."

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Using "PhibFors." Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using "PhibFors." - 11/22/2012 6:32:02 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Allies, 1109b, 8 Aug. '43. V Phib For is in the game on it's way to Okinawa. Do these units act in the same way as in WITP, in that they can only be loaded at SFO, so that they are not put ashore?
If different, is there a manual section on it?(I'd appreciate the page in the manual.)?

Thanks, Hugh Browne
Post #: 1
RE: Using "PhibFors." - 11/23/2012 11:34:36 PM   
BBfanboy

Manual section 8.1.1 on HQs says " Amphibious – Helps amphibious invasions suffer fewer losses."

These HQs are intended to work from a Command Ship (AGC) to coordinate the landing but not land themselves. To do this you need to put the AGC in a separate TF set to "Do Not Unload" but in the same hex [or perhaps the adjacent hex if the HQ has a command radius of 1] as the unloading TFs.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Using "PhibFors." - 11/24/2012 2:31:26 AM   
jmalter

i've also wondered if the HQm's command-radius of 1 means that it'll give its unload bonus to AmphTFs unloading in an adjacent hex.

when it's onboard an AGC in an AmphTF, it will always unload last after all other ships' troops & supply are unloaded. so in cases where it's not desirable to keep it in a separate TF, you'll likely be able to halt the unloading before the HQm starts to go ashore.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Using "PhibFors." - 11/24/2012 2:36:22 AM   
bradfordkay

You can definitely load them aboard a TF in ports other than San Francisco, which is good since at least some of them arrive in the game at Pearl Harbor.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Using "PhibFors." Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI