Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: multiplayer problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> RE: multiplayer problems Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/3/2012 11:33:24 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Hmmm - I thought the issues had been solved because of the positive feedback from players who had previously had problems. Sorry you are still experiencing issues. We will look into it and try and find a solution. It might be that having the game transparently look for and use a direct connection would give the best of both worlds, but I would still like to find out what is causing the behaviours you are describing as they will obviously impact any new players coming to the game.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to VonManstein)
Post #: 31
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/3/2012 11:38:35 PM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: VonManstein

I ask again for de direct IP conecction

2nd that request (if I knew how/if a poll could be setup on this forum I would, anyone who agrees please join the choir)

Post #: 32
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 12:59:04 AM   
STIENER

3rd that request........for direct IP connection.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 33
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 6:32:05 AM   
WoT

4th that request.

Have a friend with LAN but limited internet (expensively timed) access.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 34
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 12:24:44 PM   
Pzt_XLegione

5th that request........for direct IP connection.

I'm an old player of CC game, in my collection I have all the titles less than Iron Cross, please listen the voice of a real fan and long time customer...

Bye

Pzt_XLegione

(in reply to WoT)
Post #: 35
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 1:07:09 PM   
rmdesantis

I'll add my support to direct connection. I understand that you want to appeal to new customers - that's fine, and having the lobby makes sense for them. But you also have a substantial loyal customer base which has come to enjoy the games H2H and have managed, over the past decade,  to figure out the complexities of port forwarding. For those of us in that position, having the ability to connect directly would be greatly appreciated because it would restore some of the playability to the series of games that we have come to enjoy.

(in reply to Pzt_XLegione)
Post #: 36
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 4:51:18 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We're looking at the possibility of adding transparent direct connection when ports are opened. Note that this would still operate through the lobby, it would just attempt to connect directly where ports were opened, falling back to the routing server otherwise.

Someone mentioned to me today that apparently the storms in New York have affected the trans-Atlantic trunks and so that could explain why some customers are seeing very bad performance while others are getting the kind of performance we would expect and are seeing when we test the system. We will work hard to get to a point where everyone is happy and can get a good play experience.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to rmdesantis)
Post #: 37
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 7:01:56 PM   
xe5

A direct connection is very useful for testing and modding.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 38
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 7:14:10 PM   
berndn

My vote for a direct connection too. Just as an idea it would be useful to add the solution Pip mentioned and maybe at a real direct connection via command line arguments which could be used by gameranger to launch the game. This would eliminate layout changes as the exe would directly launch into the mp part.

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 39
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 7:25:18 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: berndn

My vote for a direct connection too. Just as an idea it would be useful to add the solution Pip mentioned and maybe at a real direct connection via command line arguments which could be used by gameranger to launch the game. This would eliminate layout changes as the exe would directly launch into the mp part.

We're unlikely to add the ability to use 3rd party lobbies as it fragments the community and defeats the objective of making the game more approachable for new players if a segment of the existing player base is creating their games elsewhere.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 40
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/4/2012 8:27:32 PM   
berndn

Just an idea Pip because while you are right about GameRanger it would leave the option open in case the lobby from Slitherine/Matrix is not working. And even I could then launch PitF from a cmd prompt or through a small tool which could be generated for free from the community. All to save you guys to much work. Don't take GameRanger as the only reason for a command line possibility.

Post #: 41
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/12/2012 8:46:06 PM   
VadeS

Hi everyone !

I try to register to play multiplayer but i am getting this information :

"unknown command failed. not enough data transferred"

please help :)

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 42
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/12/2012 9:32:13 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Are your password and username long enough? One thing to check is whether you have IE set on ultra-high security where it will not accept cookies, as this can sometimes feed through to the rest of the HTTP subsystem and prevent cookies from being correctly utilised.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to VadeS)
Post #: 43
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/13/2012 11:22:55 AM   
VonManstein

Yesterday, I had play in MP, I was de host on the conecction from Spain (me) to Afganistan (the opponnent, a hig military officer of the OTAN). The conecction was fine, but de date transmission was slow. But, the battle was fine, good. I think probably this is because the otan HQ in Afganistan had a big, great, good adsl conecction. In the oppossite, when I tray to play wiht anhoter player in spain, the lobby works bad, but the problem is, moust of the player we have normal adsl 10 mb conecction, enough for play via ip or in GR, but not for your lobby, I mean. Please, I urge you to restablish the TCP/IP connection. I had buy the phisical game, and in the box (back) you had write "the game had the TCP/IP posibility". That is false... please cut off this sentence.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Post #: 44
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/13/2012 6:58:40 PM   
VadeS

I have changed password to longer and it works !

Post #: 45
RE: multiplayer problems - 12/13/2012 11:34:08 PM   
BigKev

I "10th" the motion for direct IP connectivity.

Thanks.

-KG

(in reply to VadeS)
Post #: 46
RE: multiplayer problems - 1/2/2013 9:46:46 PM   
Manu

I have just played my first online games with another european player and it worked fine (very little latence)

(in reply to BigKev)
Post #: 47
RE: multiplayer problems - 2/22/2013 11:08:47 PM   
thesock

I play from England to Scotland, no problems.

Post #: 48
RE: multiplayer problems - 2/23/2013 1:58:28 PM   
rmdesantis

About once a week, my friend and I play (we live about 700 miles apart). Connecting through the lobby is okay - not fast, not slow, but acceptable. However, each week we have problems in the game. Having played CC since the 1990s when the series began, this is the worst performance of any CC game. A few things:

Internal errors are not uncommon. The game then stops and we have to restart. Not a clue what brings it on, it could be in the middle of a battle (we are playing the campaign game) or just at the end of the battle. One of us 'blows out' and the other quickly saves what is left in the hope that we don't have to replay the battle. That typically works and we can resume where we left off. I am attaching a screen capture so you can see what I mean.

This past week I tried to send messages during a move turn (hit enter, start typing, etc). Each time I did that, the game blew out. I just wanted to tell my friend that I was ready to 'execute' but apparently the game objected to that form of communication. This was repeatable (because I did it 3 times).

I don't have a saved game (at the point of the problem) because we play past the problem. Also, I have shared saved games several times in the past on this forum and not once have I received any reply with what the problem was. So as far as I can tell it's a waste of my time to do so.

Mike

Attachment (1)

(in reply to thesock)
Post #: 49
RE: multiplayer problems - 2/27/2013 4:15:21 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Are you playing with the new beta update, available at the top of the forum? This should solve any know crash bugs.

Each time you have posted a save you have gotten a response. User saves are what have been used to fix issues in the latest update, but we probably don't respond directly to each poster when "their" bug is fixed.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to rmdesantis)
Post #: 50
RE: multiplayer problems - 2/27/2013 8:26:48 PM   
rmdesantis

No, I am not playing with the beta. I prefer to wait until fixes are "official" before I install them. To be frank, I'm not a fan of being an unpaid beta tester and I fell that this is pretty much how this game has been handled for the past few months. Make the fix official and I will download it.

Mike

Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> RE: multiplayer problems Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI