Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Most important thread ever.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Most important thread ever. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Most important thread ever. - 12/8/2012 8:31:04 PM   
topper6

Guys (Matrix and Black Hand), you really have to put some heavy external advertisment for this game.

I can understand that advertisment is costly.

Nevertheless, if you go on like this relying on some magazine rewiews and the allready dedicated cc-players, this game will never expand beyond these forums i belive.

When cc was a Microsoft game they put some heavy efforts into advertising it. And, as far as I'm concerned, it payed off well. Matchmaking pvp was great. And that was in the internets cradle. You had atleast 20+ rooms to search for an opponent. Tonight when i went in to the multiplayer room, two players in THE WHOLE WORLD, where idling there. That's, to say atleast, an underaccomplishment by you guys.

Another negative thing about the multiplayer lobby beeing in game, is that you can't play the game and also look for opponents. You have to abort your game and then sit there and wait. Perhaps you can do your dishes while you wait or play another game, but you can't play PITF while searching for opponents.

Please understand and take my advice seriously.

Regards, Henrik Hedberg, Sweden.
Post #: 1
RE: Most important thread ever. - 12/8/2012 11:42:51 PM   
FroBodine

I would have thought the most important thread ever would be something about the world ending, and how to survive it.

Or that a cure for cancer was available, with instructions on how to obtain the cure.

(in reply to topper6)
Post #: 2
RE: Most important thread ever. - 12/8/2012 11:50:52 PM   
general_solomon

I have mentioned this before in other sections of this forum. just follow the paradox model. they have a dedicated group of people doing " Let's Plays" of their games before they are even out.

As i have said before, they have to have a strong presence on youtube. I cannot tell you how many lets play i just watch and finally give in to buying the game because i want to do better than the player.

also, they cant sell games that are more than a couple years old at full price or take ten dollars off. you have to hook the people person at 50 dollar mark as much as the person at 30, 20 and 10. why have your inventory sit there at full price when you can make some cash on it at a lower price?

any way, its their business and they will run it any way they see fit.

(in reply to topper6)
Post #: 3
RE: Most important thread ever. - 12/9/2012 1:32:56 AM   
WoT

There is no inventory... burnt/downloaded to order.

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 4
RE: Most important thread ever. - 12/11/2012 10:14:09 PM   
Oldguard1970

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoT

There is no inventory... burnt/downloaded to order.

Oh boy! You raised a topic in my field.

Actual game inventory would just be sitting on a shelf, which would represent a loss of value from the cost of the product. There is a great deal of proper pressure to move dead or stagnant real inventory. Virtual inventory avoids this problem as cash was not used to buy or to make stuff that just sits on a shelf.

However, virtual game inventory is also also losing value. As games grow older, they fall out of favor and are less and less likely to be sold. The sales volume for a game (at a given price) will decline over time. A price reduction might give sales a boost for a while. If the number of units sold times the new price generates more cash than would have been gained from sales at the old price, then the price reduction would makes sense. Of course, one can never be sure of what might have been, nor can one be sure of the sales boost to be gained from a given price reduction. That is what makes pricing such an art.

(in reply to WoT)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Most important thread ever. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI