Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v4.5 casualty bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> v4.5 casualty bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v4.5 casualty bug - 2/4/2001 11:27:00 PM   
Juho

I'm sorry if this one has already been noticed. There is a bug that shows a wrong number of people killed. If a tank is killed and a crew bails out the game counts the crew killed. If the crew gets killed the game counts the crew killed another time. Same goes for guns, bunkers and others with crews.

Post #: 1
- 2/5/2001 3:11:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I may be wrong here, John, and the gurus can correct me. I think what is counted is first the tank, if it is lost, then the crew if it is lost later. They do count as two kills in your tally for kills, but pointwise I think it makes a distinction. Anyone? ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Juho)
Post #: 2
- 2/5/2001 6:47:00 AM   
Bonzo

And this is as it should be. Knock out the tank but not the crew & that crew can be 'repaired' for x points after the battle. Kill both & it costs x+y points. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com E-mail [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Juho)
Post #: 3
- 2/5/2001 5:37:00 PM   
Juho

No, thats not what I mean (my English is not very good). I mean the screen you see after the battle where you see the casualties of the battle listed. It has its number of men killed counted wrong. For exaple, if you destroy a tank with a crew of four and the crew bails out the game counts four kills. When you kill the crew the game counts the crew killed again so the end screen shows eight men killed, when actually only four men were killed. If the tank is destroyed and the crew survives there are still four killed in the end screen. I think that it counts the crew killed even if you just bail out using the 9 key. [This message has been edited by Juho (edited February 05, 2001).]

(in reply to Juho)
Post #: 4
- 2/6/2001 9:11:00 PM   
Juho

Back to the top. I'd really like to know if there is any fix for this problem. I would like to know actually how many enemies I have killed in combat. -Juho

(in reply to Juho)
Post #: 5
- 2/6/2001 10:23:00 PM   
Kharan

There was a bug in versions 1.0 and 2.0 where abandoned tanks weren't counted as kills. This smaller bug you mention was caused by the first, unsuccesful try to correct the abandoned tanks -issue. Whether it will be fixed, it's hard to know. All the major and medium-sized bugs in SPWAW have been squashed (which is a wonderful situation in itself) and apart from the Mega-campaign addition, Matrix is concentrating on Combat Leader. But this also means that fixing these kind of smaller trivial bugs, "window-dressing" (I've mentioned plenty of them myself), may be left to the time where they actually have some commercial games out there.

(in reply to Juho)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> v4.5 casualty bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI