Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Direct connect and lobby please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Direct connect and lobby please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Direct connect and lobby please - 1/17/2013 10:26:10 PM   
Maxkudos

I really appreciate what you are doing with the lobby system. This has been a great help in allowing me and my friend to connect across different states without me having to disconnect and mess with my router to play the game. However, that said it is a really big disappointment for me and my roommate to not be able to connect and play over our home network. The fact that we have to connect out into the net to be able to play in the same room is very disheartening. Are there any hopes to bringing that back with the lobby? To be able to have both would be very much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/17/2013 11:03:12 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

We're not going to be adding direct LAN play back into the mix. With limited resources we need to focus on where work will do the largest amount of good, and the % of players using a LAN is a small % of the MP base.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Maxkudos)
Post #: 2
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 1:28:46 AM   
rmdesantis

That's a pity, Pip. There are a lot of us who really dislike the lobby system and prefer to connect directly (even though we are not in the same location).

Mike

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 5:16:01 AM   
Tejszd

+1 for direct connection

(in reply to rmdesantis)
Post #: 4
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 10:31:37 AM   
IainMcNeil

While we're not looking to add a LAN lobby we are looking for a way to allow the lobby to pass connected players off to a direct connection rather than the routing server if they have the right ports open.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 3:24:27 PM   
rmdesantis

Iain, a question:

There appears to be some subset of users (myself included) who prefer direct connection. I understand that the lobby has the two-fold benefit of removing the barrier some faced of dealing with port forwarding as well as providing a measure of copy protection. For those of us comfortable with port forwarding (many of us are, after all, your loyal customers who have been playing the series for a decade), is there no other way to demonstrate that we are using proper, licensed copies (and thereby dispensing with the lobby entirely)?

Mike

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 6:26:05 PM   
mooxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

While we're not looking to add a LAN lobby we are looking for a way to allow the lobby to pass connected players off to a direct connection rather than the routing server if they have the right ports open.

I know that you understand what some of us want in reference to the lobby. Having to connect to the lobby to establish a direct connection is absolutely not what anyone wants or has hinted at saying they want. I am not sure it even makes sense to add a direct connection through the lobby, whats the point?

We don't want to have to use the lobby provided at all to establish a direct connection.

Adding a direct connection through the lobby is wasting the limited resources you have.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 7
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/18/2013 7:46:34 PM   
WoT

quote:

Adding a direct connection through the lobby is wasting the limited resources you have.

+1

the direct connection code is already written and working just enable it!

< Message edited by WoT -- 1/18/2013 7:56:27 PM >

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 8
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/20/2013 9:38:59 PM   
VonManstein

Please, add direct connection via IP, out of your lobby, in your next patch

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

(in reply to WoT)
Post #: 9
RE: Direct connect and lobby please - 1/23/2013 7:03:15 PM   
kweniston

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine
We're not going to be adding direct LAN play back into the mix. With limited resources we need to focus on where work will do the largest amount of good, and the % of players using a LAN is a small % of the MP base.
Cheers
Pip

I cannot believe it's that hard to implement. It's been in the game since the early 90's, and now it's too difficult/resource-guzzling to put back in? Shocking BS.

It should have been kept in the first place, big mistake. Will not buy till, at least this option is back in.

Edit: may have mixed up LAN with Direct connection here, which is sorely needed.
Edit: Cheers.

< Message edited by kweniston -- 1/23/2013 7:09:24 PM >

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Direct connect and lobby please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI