Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Big Announcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Big Announcement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:03:10 PM   
wodin

Superb isn't it mate. A dream team really. Two huge UK gaming companies coming together to hopefully make the ultimate sci fi tactical wargame!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

I think it's great news, can't wait for a few more details. .......... Still waiting.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 31
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:35:45 PM   
vonRocko

Yes..Yes, I'm sorry I was a grouch. I'm getting to critical as I age. Best of luck with this!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 32
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:49:13 PM   
rodney727

Well I am. So tired of the iPad haters.
quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

More fantasy. The slide from serious games continues. More ipad fodder. Sorry, I can't get excited about this.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 33
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:51:51 PM   
rodney727

If the market is huge for PC...the mobile market would surpass that tenfold.
quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Well if they do this right it will be superb..and something I've banged on for awhile. The tabletop games are ripe for sensitive PC conversion..making sure what the tabletop players love is in game..like Marine customisation and army painting. As well as turn or wego and tactical. I really hope this isn't a missed opportunity and what we get is some mobile based game or rts. The market out there is massive..and is a source that really hasn't been tapped into by PC games.

Please I implore you make the most of it and produce something that is tactical..replayable..customisable..and looks great and lots of depth.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 34
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:54:38 PM   
vonRocko

ipads suck!

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 35
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 8:56:53 PM   
rodney727

I get it that some old timers don't like the iPad or tablets. People don't like change
quote:

ipads suck!

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 36
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 9:05:05 PM   
Kuokkanen

Anything for iPhone?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 37
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 9:31:14 PM   
wodin

Rogo your always out to try and get a rise from someone..I'm sure you know my feelings on Ipad and mobiles..but aslong as we see it on PC all the better..oh and as long as the PC shows of it's strength over the mobile versions. Some people you see Rogo can't afford IPads or other mobile devices..it's also an economic thing you see.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 38
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 9:48:51 PM   
rodney727

I understand that. But it's when I see oh no not for the iPad the world is ending like your post I need to step in.. I want as many games as possible to get on the iPad regardless of you can't afford one are not. So you see it's you wodin that always tries and gets a rise out of someone. When you say I don't want to see this on the iPad simply because you think it's a bad idea I will fight you every single time.
quote:

Rogo your always out to try and get a rise from someone..I'm sure you know my feelings on Ipad and mobiles..but aslong as we see it on PC all the better..oh and as long as the PC shows of it's strength over the mobile versions. Some people you see Rogo can't afford IPads or other mobile devices..it's also an economic thing you see.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 39
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 9:56:25 PM   
wodin

Well we all have PC's..so thats fair surely. We don't all have Ipads. See my point?

I've no issue sit coming out on mobiles..aslong as the PC version actually uses the extra PC horsepower.Also as long as it isn't Ipad exclusive.

Oh and I'm not the only one who feels this way..so don't just pull me about it please. You've already tried to quote me to look bad over something I never even said today. Oh did VonRocko try and get a rise out of you aswell..give me a break. Go check your threads on richard 3 and a fair few others over the last month..then check mine and see who says is the one trying to get a rise out of people.

< Message edited by wodin -- 3/14/2013 10:00:44 PM >

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 40
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 10:15:45 PM   
hadberz

Very nice, when is release date.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 41
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 10:20:15 PM   
Ericw43

This is intersting I also cannot think of a developer that more than Matrix/Slitherine that would do this frachise properly!

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 42
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 10:42:55 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

More fantasy.

Hey man, Warhammer 40,000 is science fiction. Fantasy game is called Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Too bad GW discontinued Warhammer Historical, you know, their real wargame outlet.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 43
RE: Big Announcement - 3/14/2013 10:44:57 PM   
Jevhaddah

Weeelll I am Chairman of the Haddington Strategic Studies Group.. Okay.. it's.. the Haddington Games Club

We play Warhammer Fantasy, 40K, Board Games of all kinds (Avalon Hill etc). Our membership consists of school kids to senior police officers, IT Professionals trades people, academics and the Great Unwashed (thats me )

None of us are GrogSnobs and play simple to understand games up to mind numbingly sploddy head games with lots of paperwork.

I am exited about this and will be passing on the good news to the members, who will no doubt pass the news on to others.

We have just started looking at Flames of War it looks to be great fun.

As for Ipads it;s the price I hate

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to Ericw43)
Post #: 44
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 1:44:28 AM   
shunwick

I agree. Sounds like very good news.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 45
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 2:10:02 AM   
PunkReaper

I love my iPad and I have watched with interest as my grown up kids who are all gamers go from desktops, to consoles laptops, to tablets. They still use their pc's but I think their tablets get more play time now. Probably due to time constraints and convenience. It's sad but I think the decline of the PC will continue....

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 46
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 3:33:49 AM   
rodney727

I don't think the PC is on the decline. Panzer corps and legion were first devopled for the PC then ported. It's just easier for me to take my iPad rather than my laptop. With splash top I can acces my laptop thru my iPad anytime. I do enjoy playing civ 4 and diablo 2 on my iPad. With iCloud I do find I am using my laptop less and less.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 47
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 3:45:05 AM   
GaryChildress

I've played just about all the DoW RTS games. Loved every one of them. I just hope this isn't the death of the RTS side of Warhammer.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 48
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 4:03:56 AM   
Ranger33

Can't wait to see what you guys do with this. I for one love a little sci-fi in my strategy gaming, and a turn-based 40k game sounds awesome. There's also that Space Hulk gaming coming out that looks really good as well. There are so many negative nancies around here it seems , but turn-based gaming is going through a bit of a revival if you ask me, and that's always a good thing.

That Pandora game looks interesting as well.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 49
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 4:55:28 AM   
GaryChildress

A turn based WH40K sounds fine to me and if Slitherine and Matrix put it out I will probably get it. However, the DoW series was one of the best RTS series out there. I'd like to continue to see expansions of it. I just don't think Matrix and Slitherine have the resources to really do justice to a DoW RTS. So my hope is that bigger developers will continue to have access to the license.

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 50
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 5:34:27 AM   
Shark7

Yep, I got no problems playing a more 'Fantasy' focused game. I could care less about realism, I want a game to be fun.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 51
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 4:26:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Gary,

The 40k license is no longer exclusive to just one company. What we do with it does not preclude a future continuation in the form of RTS games as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 52
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 6:25:19 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Gary,

The 40k license is no longer exclusive to just one company. What we do with it does not preclude a future continuation in the form of RTS games as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Well that actually sounds like an improvement, then, compared to the old state of affairs, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe we will see more diverse applications of the Warhammer world in gaming. Kudos to Matrix and Slitherine.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 53
RE: Big Announcement - 3/15/2013 6:59:32 PM   
rodney727

So it sounds like we will have a duel release on the PC and iPad I am really looking forward to play this. The possibility of the dcls for this game are endless. I still have my basic game from years past but I must admit have not played it for along time.

Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 54
RE: Big Announcement - 3/16/2013 9:10:23 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

They're declaring bankruptcy.

They're going to ban Terminus for the last time!

Actually I'm not a 40k Warhammer fan unless they are going to do some Dark Omen stuff and use graphics like in Tin Soldiers series for the units and of course it's turn based.

< Message edited by Rtwfreak -- 3/16/2013 9:12:31 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 55
RE: Big Announcement - 3/16/2013 10:30:04 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

Actually I'm not a 40k Warhammer fan unless they are going to do some Dark Omen stuff and use graphics like in Tin Soldiers series for the units and of course it's turn based.

Dark Omen is RTS though. Still good game.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 56
RE: Big Announcement - 3/17/2013 2:24:46 AM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

Dark Omen is RTS though. Still good game.

Yeah I really didn't like that about Dark Omen that's why I said "and it's turn based." It's one of the main reasons I don't like Warhammer as I got the complete series on Steam for like $9.99 and they all sucks. Wasted $10 but thank god I didn't buy a full retail priced one.

< Message edited by Rtwfreak -- 3/17/2013 2:25:22 AM >

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 57
RE: Big Announcement - 3/17/2013 5:51:58 PM   
Kuokkanen

What series suck? There are quite few digitalized versions of Warhammer games, turn based too.

MekWars

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 58
RE: Big Announcement - 3/17/2013 6:03:35 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

+1 ^

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 59
RE: Big Announcement - 3/17/2013 6:05:44 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

What series suck? There are quite few digitalized versions of Warhammer games, turn based too.

The one they sold on Steam during Christmas this last season the whole modern day Warhammer series as far as I know. I didn't see a turn based in the lot.

The series list was as follows:

1. Dawn of War II
2. Dawn of War II:Retribution
3. Dawn of War Game of the Year edition
4. Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
5. Dawn of War Dark Crusade
6. Dawn of War Soulstorm
7. Dawn of War Winter Assault

< Message edited by Rtwfreak -- 3/17/2013 6:13:17 PM >

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Big Announcement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI