Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Big Announcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Big Announcement Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Big Announcement - 3/17/2013 6:49:27 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

What series suck? There are quite few digitalized versions of Warhammer games, turn based too.

The one they sold on Steam during Christmas this last season the whole modern day Warhammer series as far as I know. I didn't see a turn based in the lot.

Check this. Demo should be available somewhere, and I couldn't get it work on WinXP.

quote:

Where Dark Omen was limited by its real-time gameplay and Final Liberation by its poor figure graphics, Chaos Gate finally delivers a Warhammer game that's just right: decent graphics, flexible gameplay, and an excellent re-creation of the rules that make the table game work so well.

Maybe Matrix will make game like that playable with newest operating systems...

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 3/17/2013 6:52:01 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 61
RE: Big Announcement - 3/18/2013 12:50:30 PM   
ComradeP

I might be one of the very few, but I actually rather liked Rites of War. The tactical turn-based Warhammer 40k games were mostly rather mediocre, but for a Panzer General-like game, I thought Rites of War was quite good.

It's been long while since we've seen a good turn-based Warhammer 40k in any case.

Mark of Chaos and Battle March were reasonably decent games similar to Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen, but RTS (and medieval Warhammer, not 40k). The Dawn of War games were good, but they didn't really fill the gap of there being no good turn-based Warhammer game for years, as they were also RTS.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 62
RE: Big Announcement - 3/18/2013 1:48:11 PM   
PunkReaper

I really enjoyed Warhammer 40K Squad Commander on the PSP several years ago... This would be good on the iPad.

http://youtu.be/ZhlmNfwlu5g

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 63
RE: Big Announcement - 3/18/2013 6:11:24 PM   
Perturabo

Command Ops: Siege of Vraks would be awesome.

Anyway, good to hear it. I hope it's going to be a wargame that tries to accurately represent the "reality" of the Wh40k warfare, not something like Rites of War or Dawn of War?
And that it's not going to be dumbed down like Final Liberation (Steel Panthers lite)?

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 3/18/2013 6:13:31 PM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 64
RE: Big Announcement - 3/18/2013 6:21:27 PM   
wodin

I have a feeling it's going to be similar to Chaos Gate.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 65
RE: Big Announcement - 3/18/2013 7:55:53 PM   
rodney727

I agree exactly. I feel games like this would be most welcomed on the iPad.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

I really enjoyed Warhammer 40K Squad Commander on the PSP several years ago... This would be good on the iPad.

http://youtu.be/ZhlmNfwlu5g

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to PunkReaper)
Post #: 66
RE: Big Announcement - 10/14/2013 2:19:31 PM   
Perturabo

Aaaand it's going to be Rites of War II after all :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/download/file.php?id=5125

They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 67
RE: Big Announcement - 10/15/2013 2:14:59 AM   
Ranger33

Hmm, hopefully it isn't just a Panzer Corps reskin. Not that I don't like PC, but 40k cries out for something a bit different, a smaller scale, more tactical sort of gameplay IMO.

I'm conflicted about buying the game at all though, because Games Workshop is run by crazy people. They have attempted to claim the generic, decades old term "space marine" as theirs alone. They threaten legal action on their own fans left and right for "trademark infringement." A recent, glaring example. Not really people I want to give more money to.

I will of course be happy to spend that money on some other excellent Matrix product

< Message edited by Ranger33 -- 10/15/2013 2:22:33 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 68
RE: Big Announcement - 10/15/2013 6:05:49 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Hmm, hopefully it isn't just a Panzer Corps reskin. Not that I don't like PC, but 40k cries out for something a bit different, a smaller scale, more tactical sort of gameplay IMO.

Judging by how packed up are the unit, a PC reskin is exactly what it is.

Personally, I'd prefer if it were a Steel Panthers or BftB reskin.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

I'm conflicted about buying the game at all though, because Games Workshop is run by crazy people. They have attempted to claim the generic, decades old term "space marine" as theirs alone.

The approach of Games Workshop to the IP stuff is pretty vile, especially that they basically sewn their setting from fragments of other settings.
They actually had nerve to attempt trademarking "Eldar" which was created by J.R.R. Tolkien.

They are massive rip off artists. To the point that their 3rd edition Tyranids have looks ripped off from Zerg.
They ripped off Chaos from Michael Moorcock.
By the way, here's Michael Moorcock's post on their approach to IP:
http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?s=47a79ff468dc223f6fb3d09ea370e967&p=56300#post56300

Did they succeed at trademarking "space marine" or did justice and sanity finally prevail?

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 10/15/2013 6:07:52 AM >

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Big Announcement Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI