Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/10/2013 2:53:28 AM   
Michael T

Fascinating conundrum anyhow. I also found I often had Fronts badly mixed up in the helter skelter of all out attack. So the CV penalty becomes even less of an issue in those circumstances. Oh how I miss that pounding I was dishing out.....

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 61
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/10/2013 2:57:59 AM   
mmarquo

And what about SU committment? An HQ can only have so many, and if you cut them out, there will be oh so many less SUs committed....

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 62
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/10/2013 9:31:30 AM   
gradenko2k

There's a CV penalty if a unit is directly attached to STAVKA.
There's no CV penalty if a unit is attached to an Army HQ, which in turn is attached to STAVKA.

There's a CV penalty (smaller than above, but cumulative if applicable) if units involved in a combat are attached to different Corps HQs or Army HQs.

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 63
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/10/2013 3:44:10 PM   
Seminole

quote:

And what about SU committment? An HQ can only have so many, and if you cut them out, there will be oh so many less SUs committed....

What are the SU limts for respective HQs?

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 64
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 3:06:55 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michael T

Been thinking and I am wondering if the Soviets do away with front HQ's and have all Armies report to Stavka under Zhukov would it be better overall?

I know in my game against Pelton I was putting more and more Armies directly under Stavka and it seemed not to be detrimental. It seemed there were more CV's getting doubled to me and I had much flexibility with these Stavka Armies. Moving them around all over the place without any obvious penalties. Stavka never gets overloaded, unlike Fronts. And if all your Air Armies are under Stavka there won't be any issues of different Front's air units not supporting neighbouring Fronts. Interesting.

Its the same as disbanding Corp. It removes a layer of roll to top. Of cource it works and will work better in the case your looking at.

Looking at the AAR's run by SHC players is where I got the idea in the first plase. The main push they made had stavka 5 hexes from the push.

Poeple have not been thinking about it they been doing it for a while.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 65
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 3:11:15 AM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

quote:

I do think he's overrated for 1941, but would want to preserve his ability to reach those ratings down the line which is presently not possible.

Not sure: Zhukov did save Leningrad then Moscow in 1941; he was the Fascists worst nightmare.

Marquo

He did lose the biggest tank battle of the war 1941 and a bunch of other operations, he had to win a few here and there. Leningrad Hitler stopped the advance so not so sure he should get credit for Hitler being stupid?

I have to say Moscow was the only feather in his cap until 43 I beleive.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 66
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 3:41:20 AM   
gradenko2k

Didn't Zhukov have a hand in Uranus and Saturn?

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 67
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 5:05:51 AM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

Didn't Zhukov have a hand in Uranus and Saturn?

Him and Vasilevsky put it together, yes. Although it was mostly Vasilevsky who executed it, while Zhukov went north for Mars.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 68
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 2:13:54 PM   
mmarquo

"He did lose the biggest tank battle of the war 1941 and a bunch of other operations, he had to win a few here and there. Leningrad Hitler stopped the advance so not so sure he should get credit for Hitler being stupid?"

What tank battle was that Pelton? Prokorovkha? Brody - Rovno - Lutsk? Which one did he Zhukov "lose?"

Hilter moving AGN armor to AGC notwithstanding, Leningrad was on the verge of collapse until Zhukov intervened. Most WITE AARs also show the same ploy - armor drives to the gates of Leningrad which is then taken by infantry under Model, while the armor is shifted elsewhere. Are you suggesting that if you had kept your armour in the north in your match with MT that you would have taken Leningrad?

Marquo

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 69
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/11/2013 3:32:46 PM   
Seminole

quote:

I have to say Moscow was the only feather in his cap until 43 I beleive.

Khalkhin-Gol
Zhukov knew how to fight.

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 70
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/12/2013 9:49:25 AM   
randallw

Zhukov was in charge of the attack plan at Yelnia; the German divisions withdrew from their positions with the infantry companies ground down to about 30 or 40 men left, after spending maybe 2 weeks in the line. Germans got hurt enough that trying to hold the salient wasn't worth it.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 71
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/12/2013 9:51:53 AM   
morvael

How were the Russians after that attack?

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 72
RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army - 4/12/2013 10:58:38 AM   
gingerbread

They were not.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Probability of failing initiative check Corps vs. Army Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI